- Tough Draw and Out of Order Studios Announce Lane Frost Documentary
- 07:00 ET Triverus Consulting Welcomes Heather Christensen as its Director, Life Sciences Service Lead
- Leading NOW Expands Leadership Team - Julia Lazzara Joins Organization as President
Versatope is developing first-in-class vaccines and immuno-therapeutics for infectious and chronic diseases by using their proprietary recombinant outer membrane vesicle (rOMV) platform. rOMVs protect, target and facilitate cell-specific uptake of immuno-modulators for improved efficacy. Christopher Locher, PhD, CEO of Versatope Therapeutics, Inc., says of the expansion of Versatope's team: "The addition of Versatope's new members will deepen our expertise in immunotherapies, giving new strategic direction as we diversify the application of our rOMV platform."
Dr. Drew Weissman, MD, PhD, is the Roberts Family Professor of Vaccine Research at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. His research focuses on the study of RNA and innate immune system biology and the application of these findings to vaccine research and gene therapy. Dr. Weissman, in collaboration with Dr. Katalin Karikó, discovered that use of modified nucleosides in mRNA can increase its therapeutic and prophylactic potential. This technology is being used in the highly effective mRNA COVID-19 vaccines produced by Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna, and has the potential to be used in future mRNA vaccines and therapeutics. For this groundbreaking discovery, Drs. Weissman and Karikó have been honored with numerous national and international awards.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Demolition Delay Application: 196 Park Street, West Roxbury
- Academic Search Engine Knobull Promotes Steve Jobs' Key Skills For Enhanced Career Success
- SmartBear Names Dan Faulkner as New Chief Product Officer
- Boston: Dorchester Community Center Siting Study
- Legacy Book on Managing Conflict and Change by Co-creator of the TKI
James Kuo, MD, MBA has led pharmaceutical business development and played key roles in leading venture capital financing, strategic partnerships, licensing and strategic planning in genomics, small molecule, biotherapy, monoclonal antibody and inflammatory diseases. He is currently the CEO of Return Health and the Chairman of the Board of ImmunoPrecise Antibodies and Monarch Labs. Dr. Kuo, says of joining Versatope's Board of Directors: "If the past 18 months have taught us anything at all, it is that state-of-the-art vaccine technologies are critical to public health and the world economy. For that exact reason, I am thrilled to join the team at Versatope as a board director to advance their game-changing multi-strain vaccines into human clinical testing."
Jeremy Gowler has held senior leadership roles in the commercial side of the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. His experience spans commercial strategy, marketing, sales, business operations, alliance management and medical affairs in the areas of monoclonal antibodies, vaccines and small molecules. He is currently the Global Head of Commercial for the Sandoz Biopharmaceutical business. Mr. Gowler says: "Versatope's proprietary, nano-vesicle (or rOMV) technology platform could truly transform how immunity is delivered to the human body. Being able to play a part in helping to realize the potential of the platform as a board member of the company is truly exciting to me."
More on Boston Chron
- Health IT Leadership Award Presented to Dr. Kishlay Anand, President of Apricus Health at 2021 Health Current Summit
- Boston: Dorchester Center sitting study
- Coming In Hot: Fintech Is Growing, And So Is USAM Group!
- The New England Center for Chldren Presents Autism and Behavior Analysis Research
- The Charming, Well-Preserved "Little Edo" Town of Koedo Kawagoe, is Even More Compelling in the Brilliance of Mid-November Autumn Foliage
About Versatope Therapeutics
Versatope Therapeutics, Inc., is a start-up biotechnology company located in Lowell, MA at the University of Massachusetts' M2D2 biotech incubator. Learn more about Versatope Therapeutics at Versatope.com; Follow us on Twitter @VersatopeRx.
Christopher Locher, PhD
+1 781 879-3119
SOURCE Versatope Therapeutics
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Best Halloween 2021 Deals With Nadula Hair Wigs–Nadula.com
- Hurela Human Hair Wigs Halloween Sale 2021
- Swim Safely Partnership, an Initiative to increase Water Safety for Boston Residents, announced
- Option trading activity for Affirm stock is unusually high
- Mayor Janey and Boston Parks Department announce Ash Tree Care Plan
- The End to Gerrymandering in Michigan?
- City of Boston announces Accessible Voting ahead of November 2 Election
- $SNE Token Sale Goes Live: Here's What You Need to Know About the Upcoming StrongNode.io IDO Launch
- 08:41 ET Winning Writers Announces the Winners of the 29th Annual Tom Howard/John H. Reid Fiction & Essay Contest
- Academic Search Engine Knobull's Remote Working Strategy Drives Business Success
- Activision and Electronic Arts Marketing Executive Kimberly Salzer Steps in as VP for Global Marketing of StrongNode.io
- RAIN Group Releases Free Toolkit to Help Sellers Master Sales Negotiations
- CityLights presents "MVP Football: The Patrick Mahomes Experience" - Now Available on Oculus
- Boston: Grantees of Food Sovereignty and Community Grants announced
- ITEN & Lindenwood University Hosts Women's Entrepreneurship Week 2021
- Mayor Janey, Boston Fire Commissioner Dempsey Cut Ribbon On New Firehouse
- Videeko Vanilla ZP Achieves Certification in Food Safety for Organic Madagascar Vanilla Beans
- VORAGO Technologies' Arm® Cortex-M4 VA41630 Achieves Full Spaceflight Qualification
- Nationally-Recognized Attorney and Survivor Calling Leaders to Redefine Resilience in the Wake of Pandemic
- Boston: Mayor Janey announces Salsa Dance Party to be held Tomorrow