- Tough Draw and Out of Order Studios Announce Lane Frost Documentary
- 07:00 ET Triverus Consulting Welcomes Heather Christensen as its Director, Life Sciences Service Lead
- Leading NOW Expands Leadership Team - Julia Lazzara Joins Organization as President
Created in partnership with Boston Black News (BBN), Boston's first and only faith-based, Black-owned, FCC licensed FM station and multimedia network, Black News Hour will develop a space for Boston's Black community to engage and connect with Globe journalists, deepening connections and building stronger relationships between the community and local media.
"At the Globe, we understand the importance and crucial role that Black press has played in reporting the hardships and achievements of Boston's Black community," said Peggy Byrd, Chief Marketing Officer at Boston Globe Media. "Collaborating with BBN is a vital part of ensuring that we are supporting independent Black media outlets and highlighting the multitude of stories existing in the Black community."
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Demolition Delay Application: 196 Park Street, West Roxbury
- Academic Search Engine Knobull Promotes Steve Jobs' Key Skills For Enhanced Career Success
- SmartBear Names Dan Faulkner as New Chief Product Officer
- Boston: Dorchester Community Center Siting Study
- Legacy Book on Managing Conflict and Change by Co-creator of the TKI
"We created Boston Black News to provide a more nuanced portrait of the lives of the Boston Black community to counteract the predominately negative or otherwise bigoted stories of our community reported by mainstream media," said Pastor Bruce Wall, Founder of Boston Black News and Black Praise Radio & TV. "We are very excited that The Boston Globe is joining our ever-expanding roster of news and information programming available for every listener in metro Boston."
Monthly episodes will air on Fridays at 8-9 a.m. ET on WBPG-LP 102.9 with video streaming at www.bostonblacknews.com, and www.bostonpraiseradiotv.co.
More on Boston Chron
- Health IT Leadership Award Presented to Dr. Kishlay Anand, President of Apricus Health at 2021 Health Current Summit
- Boston: Dorchester Center sitting study
- Coming In Hot: Fintech Is Growing, And So Is USAM Group!
- The New England Center for Chldren Presents Autism and Behavior Analysis Research
- The Charming, Well-Preserved "Little Edo" Town of Koedo Kawagoe, is Even More Compelling in the Brilliance of Mid-November Autumn Foliage
The debut show airs on September 24th at 8 a.m. ET and will be hosted by Boston Globe reporter, Meghan Irons, and culture columnist, Jeneé Osterheldt. Boston mayoral candidates, Boston City Councilors At-Large, Annissa Essaibi-George and Michelle Wu will join for live interviews during the broadcast. For more information, visit globe.com/bnh.
About Boston Globe Media Partners, LLC
Boston Globe Media Partners, LLC provides news and information, entertainment, opinion and analysis through its multimedia properties. BGMP includes The Boston Globe, Globe.com, Boston.com, STAT, and Globe Direct.
Jessicah Pierre, [email protected], 617-401-1470
Heidi Flood, [email protected], 617-363-6054
SOURCE Boston Globe Media Group
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Best Halloween 2021 Deals With Nadula Hair Wigs–Nadula.com
- Hurela Human Hair Wigs Halloween Sale 2021
- Swim Safely Partnership, an Initiative to increase Water Safety for Boston Residents, announced
- Option trading activity for Affirm stock is unusually high
- Mayor Janey and Boston Parks Department announce Ash Tree Care Plan
- The End to Gerrymandering in Michigan?
- City of Boston announces Accessible Voting ahead of November 2 Election
- $SNE Token Sale Goes Live: Here's What You Need to Know About the Upcoming StrongNode.io IDO Launch
- 08:41 ET Winning Writers Announces the Winners of the 29th Annual Tom Howard/John H. Reid Fiction & Essay Contest
- Academic Search Engine Knobull's Remote Working Strategy Drives Business Success
- Activision and Electronic Arts Marketing Executive Kimberly Salzer Steps in as VP for Global Marketing of StrongNode.io
- RAIN Group Releases Free Toolkit to Help Sellers Master Sales Negotiations
- CityLights presents "MVP Football: The Patrick Mahomes Experience" - Now Available on Oculus
- Boston: Grantees of Food Sovereignty and Community Grants announced
- ITEN & Lindenwood University Hosts Women's Entrepreneurship Week 2021
- Mayor Janey, Boston Fire Commissioner Dempsey Cut Ribbon On New Firehouse
- Videeko Vanilla ZP Achieves Certification in Food Safety for Organic Madagascar Vanilla Beans
- VORAGO Technologies' Arm® Cortex-M4 VA41630 Achieves Full Spaceflight Qualification
- Nationally-Recognized Attorney and Survivor Calling Leaders to Redefine Resilience in the Wake of Pandemic
- Boston: Mayor Janey announces Salsa Dance Party to be held Tomorrow