- Boston: Demolition delay application: 1121 Dorchester Ave, Dorchester
- Announcing The Christina Hepburn Breast Cancer Support Campaign
- Boston: Demolition delay application: 14 Euclid Street, Dorchester
(Graphic: Business Wire)
WATERTOWN, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--athenahealth, Inc., a leading provider of network enabled software and services for medical groups and health systems nationwide, today announced that the company is the only EHR provider to win a 2022 KLAS Points of Light award in recognition of its case study, "Bidirectional Data Exchange Leads to Increased Ability to Close Care Gaps." KLAS Points of Light awards celebrate success stories of collaboration by payers, providers, and health IT solution providers that have partnered to reduce friction involved in enabling efficient and effective healthcare and improving patient outcomes.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: June 2022: Latest Updates from the Mayor's Office of Housing
- Who Will Be The 2022 Wimbledon Ladies' Champion?
- Ismail Sirdah' Guide To Landing Event Sponsorships
- Massachusetts: Governor Baker Signs Executive Order to Protect Access to Reproductive Health Care Services
- Web Traffic (Visitors) Guidelines: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide
athenahealth's cooperative work with leading health and well-being company Humana (NYSE: HUM) and SC House Calls, a proactive primary care organization with seven clinics and 284 physicians in South Carolina, tackles the challenges of provider-payer interoperability and clinical data exchange. By incorporating patient data from Humana into the athenahealth EHR workflow, the solution provides SC House Calls with clinical workflows that support efficient, effective closing of care gaps and the ability to improve clinical quality and outcomes, reduce the administrative burden of exchanging data between the two entities, and improve provider satisfaction.
"We are thrilled to be able to leverage the additional data on diagnosis and care gaps from Humana right within the physician workflow so that our providers can easily focus on what they need to be seeing the patient for at that time," commented Brodie Wall, Quality and Data Analyst from SC House Calls. "It's made our providers much more efficient and effective during their patient visits, and the resulting increase in quality measures and care outcomes is already visible."
The athenaPayer™ solutions enable moment of care connections by establishing a bi-directional exchange of healthcare data between providers on the athenahealth network and payer customers to share timely, data-driven information, flag potential care needs, and provide information for treatment decisions. The solution enhances payer-provider collaboration, enabling better patient care and health outcomes.
"We share KLAS's commitment to help reduce the friction that stands between payer and provider organizations by working to facilitate trust, collaboration, and alignment among all the players," said Paul Brient, chief product officer of athenahealth. "We are proud of this recognition, our partners, and our collective, innovative efforts to improve and modernize the healthcare experience."
KLAS is a research and insights firm on a global mission to improve healthcare delivery, and its Points of Light awards are given to payers, providers, and IT vendors who demonstrate close collaboration that leads to shared outcomes. KLAS validated submissions via a standard set of questions administered during in-depth interviews with representatives from all relevant stakeholders.
More on Boston Chron
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Announces Further Improvements to Supplier Diversity Efforts and Highlights Strides in Fiscal Year 2021
- Westside Finishing Inc. Awarded Products Finishing's Elite 2022 Top Shops Distinction
- Children's Shoe Brand joins Soles4Souls in Ukrainian Refugee Relief Efforts
- Rentable & SplitSpot collaborate to Create a Modern and Transparent Rental Experience
- The Data Economics Company announces partnership with Incradia to release the ReVerse franchise on Lydion-based Game Development Platform
The Points of Light awards were presented during the 2022 KLAS Payer/Provider Summit on May 24-25 in Salt Lake City, Utah. To read the full report and case study outlining the challenges, solution, and results, please visit: https://klasresearch.com/report/points-of-light-2022-recognizing-successful-payer-provider-collaborations/1643.
About athenahealth, Inc.
athenahealth creates innovative healthcare technology that connects clinicians, patients, payers, and partners in differentiated ways. Our electronic health records, revenue cycle management, and patient engagement tools allow anytime, anywhere access, driving better financial outcomes for our customers and enabling our provider customers to deliver better quality care. In everything we do, we're inspired by our vision to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all. For more information, please visit www.athenahealth.com.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Bacchus Wine & Spirits Jumps To Elite 'Top 20' Position In Beverage Dynamics Top 100 Retailers for 2022
- Hybrid-care Physical Therapy Platform Kins Announces $7.2M in Total Seed Funding to Accelerate Innovation in Care Delivery
- Wheels Up names Todd Smith Chief Financial Officer
- Boston-Based Golden Hearts Games, "The World's First Charity Casino," Surpasses $10M In Donations, Processes Over $6M in 2022 Alone as Over 50,000 Nonprofits Have Now Received Funding From the Platform
- CPC Scientific Announces New California Peptide API Manufacturing Facility
- PermaTherm 2022 Family Fun Day
- VBI Vaccines Announces Results of Annual General Meeting
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces Installation of Mural Honoring Rita Hester in Allston
- Peak Physical Therapy & Sports Performance Named a Reader's Choice Award Winner across the Region
- New development in Ramsey called Williams Woods!
- EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION, EMPLOYMENT & BENEFITS PARTNER JOINS LATHAM & WATKINS IN BOSTON
- Ice Cold Liquid Hustle: Take on Summer With Dunkin's New Lineup of Iced Drinks
- Intercontinental Real Estate Corp./Cohen Asset Management Team To Buy Phoenix Industrial Property
- Top New Jersey Engagement Shoot Locations and couples who totally nailed it
- BEC Technologies RidgeWave® 7000 Series Achieves AT&T Certification
- Black CannaBusiness CEO Intensive Partners with Parallel on National Education Series
- Takeda Announces Creation of One Cambridge Campus in Kendall Square to Drive Innovation Efforts
- Battery Ventures Makes Majority Investment in Titian Software
- "Summer Salsa By The Sea": held outdoors, by the ocean, in Beverly, MA