- Raleigh Business Leader Joins 2022 National Small Business Association Board Leadership
- A New Social Network Based on Gratitude and Positivity
- Nth Cycle Selected as Finalist for 2022 SXSW Pitch
We want to take the time, before addressing that, to emphasize first that for many, maintaining yourself through essential self-care (sleep, food, hydration, and scheduled rest) may be the most helpful and attainable goal, and it is ok for it to be the primary focus. Many people, such as these local NBC anchors, go so far as to say "just wing it," in the face of traditional resolutions. Here are some examples of essential self-care, and the line between self-care and seeking further support.
More on Boston Chron
- HubSpot Announces Date of Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2021 Financial Results Release
- Founder Of Sheen Magazine & Co-founder Of Chapman Products Company Featured In Vogue Magazine
- Boston Hemp Inc.: Best Wholesale Hemp and CBD Products
- Amwell to Report Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2021 Operating Results and Host Conference Call on Thursday, February 24, 2022
- Mayor Wu Appoints Brandon Cardet-Hernandez to Boston School Committee
Alongside self-care, if and when you seek to accomplish these changes, it is helpful to set a few small, concrete attainable goals alongside longer term ones. Sometimes people set themselves up for failure by aiming for too many changes too quickly, or attempting too broad or sweeping a change out the gate. Instead, focus on a few goals that can be turned into digestible steps. For instance, "lose weight" can be turned into "eat servings of vegetables or fruit three times this week," or "go for a brisk walk at least twice this week." It can be helpful to track your progress as well, making self-care an active routine increases the odds of success. A calendar or daily checklist can help, or one of the apps listed here. This series of tips and stories from NPR offers realistic tailored wellness tips and tricks for those who do wish to set an approachable goal for the new year.
Often what impacts success is expectations, and the way you frame your goals can affect them! Many feel that a phrase like "New Year, New You" can be an incentive to push themselves forward on a goal, but for others, the phrase itself sets forth difficult expectations. Expecting enormous change of oneself, (pandemic or not) can set you up for a loss of momentum. Think about how you name and affirm your resolutions.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces Tiffany Chu as Chief of Staff
- Riemer & Braunstein Adds Tax Credit and Community Development Finance Team
- Massive State of Unpreparedness for CCPA Compliance Exposed in Research from CYTRIO
- Boston: Caution Urged As Bitterly Cold Weather Arrives This Weekend
- Boston: Recipients of Grants for Green and Mobility Jobs Announced
Many people become discouraged and self-critical if they begin to slip up or struggle with meeting their goals. You are only human! Set your expectations appropriately, some days you will miss your goals and that does not mean you have failed to achieve them for the year. Remember, it's OK if the goal is not met. Sometimes people find it helpful to take a longer look back and forward instead, asking themselves where they want to be a year from today, and focus on general self-care.
Finally, we want to acknowledge that for many, 2021 has been a difficult year, and sometimes talking to a professional can help with setting goals, as well as providing support, connection, and an outlet for stress, depression, anxiety, and more. As always, please feel free to reach out to us at the Employee Assistance Program at 617-635-2200 for immediate assistance. We can help connect you to long-term resources as well.
We wish you good luck and good health going into the New Year.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Boston: Demolition Delay Application: 59-63 Belgrade Avenue, Roslindale
- Mayor Wu To Invest $40 Million To Create And Preserve 718 Affordable Homes In Boston
- Astadia Welcomes Mark Hogan to its Board of Directors
- PTC and Schaeffler Announce Strategic Alliance to Accelerate Digital Transformation Roadmap
- Author, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur, And Public Speaker, Mel Jackson To Appear As Keynote Speaker
- Wohler releases iAM-AUDIO-8 with AoIP options
- TRU Staffing Partners Privacy Expert Earns IAPP Certified Information Privacy Manager Credential
- Boston: Winter Parks-Themed Zoom Backgrounds Available!
- Beacon Healthcare Systems Improves Medicare Application Processing Time by 92%
- STS Capital Partners Managing Director Shamil Hargovan Leads 3D Printing Industry Experts Wohlers Associates Sale to ASTM
- Wayfair Schedules Fourth Quarter 2021 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- Introducing IDS, a new company from IPD built to revolutionize the connection between owners/operators, assets, and service channels
- Hot Healthcare IT Company to Watch in 2022: Scripta Insights Grows 560% Despite Pandemic, Delivering the Complete Pharmacy Benefit Cost Containment Solution Employers & Employees Need
- Sidow Sobrino's New Song and Music Video Bananas 4 God is Out Now
- Eco-Friendly Legacy Builder Wendy Turner Miller Upends the Waste and Recycling Business with Superior Innovative Solutions, LLC
- Deciphera Pharmaceuticals Presents Results from the INTRIGUE Phase 3 Clinical Study at the American Society of Clinical Oncology Plenary Series Session
- OpsVeda Announces Completion Of SOC 2 Type II Certification
- Buyers Edge Platform Joins Science Based Targets Initiative, Commits to Net-Zero Emissions by 2040
- Console & Associates, P.C. Investigates Class Action Lawsuit Following Data Breach at StarTek, Inc
- Jim Koons Automotive Company Data Breach Prompts Investigation into Class Action Lawsuit