We choose this month to focus on wellness resources and strategies because we believe strongly that wellness is not just helpful, but vital to managing the challenges to come. How we feel physically impacts the energy we have to take care of our responsibilities, and mental health self-care is vital to both getting respite we need and building endurance.
Below, we have compiled some wellness articles and resources. We hope you find these helpful as well.
- This article from CNN contextualizes making a wellness routine amidst protests and the pandemic, focusing on essentials like, sleep, eating healthy, and exercise. Another CNN health article highlights strategies for coping with anxiety in an anxious time, focusing on decision making, and hacking your brain's anxiety response with self-care. This article from Bustle offers at-home workouts designed to combat depression. This Forbes article discusses the state of mental health and workplace wellness, looking at self-care in the context of the work space, both for employees and managers. This tips page from Tufts offers suggestions on self-care while continuing to practice social distancing. Harvard Pilgrim offers numerous different types of health and wellness classes over zoom. Check out this page, updated each month, for access to different free classes, including Zumba, guided mindfulness, health and wellness webinars, and more.
More on Boston Chron
- CU Xpress Lease Expands into Northern California
- Grab 'em by the Microphone! Independent Feature Film To the New Girl Releases on VOD
- Crossover Publications announces 9/11/2020 release date for Make America Saved Again
- Survey Shows Employees Felt Surprisingly Productive During COVID-19
- Boston: Demolition Delay application: 679 Columbia Road, Dorchester
As always, City employees are also encouraged to sign up for the Employee Wellness Portal, a free resource which features health recipes, exercises, and contests focusing on healthy living. Stay healthy, stay safe, and reach out to us at the Employee Assistance Program as needed for further assistance or ideas on staying well during hard times.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Boston: Socially-distant seating installed around the Parkman Bandstand
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Announces New Initiatives to Stop Spread of COVID-19
- Boston: Mayor Walsh announces virtual Gospelfest
- blumshapiro Foundation donates $24K to support New England food banks
- Marshals Of The Revolution-New Roots Country Music and Lifestyle Brand Has Arrived
- Avoiding the 17a-4 Quagmire - AdvisorVault's Guide for Small FINRA Firms
- Demolition Delay application: 218-220 Old Colony Avenue, South Boston
- Eric Bopp Announces He's Running for Judge
- ITSMA Announces Finalists for the 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards
- Libman Education Announces Adoption of the Merck Manual as an Online Resource to Supplement Training
- Tom Urquhart, Ph.D., joins IOTech Systems as SVP of Professional Services
- CEO Coaching International Client, StoneAge Inc., Acquires Breadware, A Leader in Industrial IOT Product Development
- Libman Education now offers Pinson & Tang's Newest Product: CDI Pocket Guide – Online
- Tusk Philanthropies Commends Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker Signing Urgent Anti-Hunger Bill into Law
- Ideanomics Announces Q2 2020 Earnings - TESLA Model 3 Proof of Concept
- Kupit Kickstarter Campaign by Burgeón Brands Attempts to Reduce Waste from Single-Serving Coffee Pods
- Kentucky Home Price Growth To Moderate
- Latino Leaders Network to Host Virtual Panel Discussion with Democratic Latino Delegates
- Evolve IP Delivers World's Only Omnichannel Contact Center Integrated with Microsoft Teams and Virtual Workspaces
- Mahmood Khan hits number 1 on Billboard