- Announcing The Christina Hepburn Breast Cancer Support Campaign
- Boston: Demolition delay application: 1121 Dorchester Ave, Dorchester
- Boston: Demolition delay application: 14 Euclid Street, Dorchester
"We did not make this decision lightly. This pool is a well-loved community resource that will be missed this summer but ultimately the safety of our patrons and our staff is the priority and we cannot guarantee that the BCYF Clougherty Pool is safe to open," said Marta E. Rivera, Commissioner of Boston Centers for Youth & Families.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: June 2022: Latest Updates from the Mayor's Office of Housing
- Who Will Be The 2022 Wimbledon Ladies' Champion?
- Ismail Sirdah' Guide To Landing Event Sponsorships
- Massachusetts: Governor Baker Signs Executive Order to Protect Access to Reproductive Health Care Services
- Web Traffic (Visitors) Guidelines: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide
Built in 1949, the pool is a seasonal facility typically open from June through Labor Day. A spring inspection of the pool showed deterioration of support columns holding up the pool, a broken electrical conduit exposing live wires under the pool, and corroded filtration tanks in danger of leaking, or worse, bursting.
The residents of Charlestown are encouraged to use nearby swimming pools available to them. The BCYF Charlestown Community Center pool is open and will remain open over the summer. A little over two miles away, BCYF operates another outdoor pool, the BCYF Mirabella Pool on Commercial Street in the North End. Two additional pools in Charlestown are operated by the Charlestown Boys and Girls Club and the Charlestown YMCA.
BCYF will redeploy lifeguards throughout their network to open three additional pools, expanding their aquatic outreach throughout the city. All aquatics programming is free, and more information can be found at boston.gov/BCYF-Aquatics.
Latest on Boston Chron
- iTech offers 60-days free trial on expEDIum Medical Billing® product
- Boston: Tips for Faster Internet Speeds
- Completion of funding round brings Metaphysiks one step closer to embodying the Metaverse
- On Anniversary of Surfside Tragedy, New Book Coaches Residents to Identify Warning Signs
- Santander Holdings USA, Inc. Provides Statement on Supervisory Stress Test Results
- Boston: The City and B'nai B'rith Housing Celebrate The Residences Off Baker
- Boston: The City and Fenway CDC Celebrate the Acquisition and Renovation of the Newcastle Saranac Apartments
- Boston: BCYF Mirabella Pool Opening Saturday, June 25, 2022
- CHASM unveils highly-respected CEO John Kawola as its first independent board member
- The City of Boston and the Fenway Community Development Corporation Celebrate the Acquisition and Renovation of the Newcastle Saranac Apartments
- The City of Boston and B'nai B'rith Housing Celebrate the Start of Construction on Income Restricted Family Housing
- Boston: Black Community Activism: Melnea Cass's Early Beginnings
- IOTech announces a major new release of Edge XRT, its software platform for time-critical OT systems
- Financial Executives International (FEI) Boston Announces New Board of Directors for 2022-23 Program Year
- Connect Fibre Partners With Linksys and Axiros
- Bacchus Wine & Spirits Jumps To Elite 'Top 20' Position In Beverage Dynamics Top 100 Retailers for 2022
- Hybrid-care Physical Therapy Platform Kins Announces $7.2M in Total Seed Funding to Accelerate Innovation in Care Delivery
- Wheels Up names Todd Smith Chief Financial Officer
- Boston-Based Golden Hearts Games, "The World's First Charity Casino," Surpasses $10M In Donations, Processes Over $6M in 2022 Alone as Over 50,000 Nonprofits Have Now Received Funding From the Platform
- CPC Scientific Announces New California Peptide API Manufacturing Facility