- Boston: SCHOOLS URGED TO REGISTER FOR THE BCYF SPELLING BEE
- Massachusetts: Governor Healey Announces Veterans Equality Review Board (VERB) to Support Veterans Discharged Under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Policy
- Sidow Sobrino Announces 12th Album, "Seminal"
Beginning on Friday, June 9, the public will be able to take free tours of the newly renovated space. Tours will run on the hour from 1:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. on weekdays and from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on weekends until June 14th. Weekday tours for seniors will begin at 9:00 a.m.. Members can begin using the center for self workouts beginning June 15th with limited programming and classes starting June 20th.
The renovations include creating open and accessible hallways throughout the entire building, a fitness studio, yoga/dance studio, cardio space, childrens' space, womens' and mens' steam and sauna, senior space, teen space, strength training area and multi purpose spaces and offices with an emphasis on resiliency measures such as interior waterproofing and removable metal plates to help hold back water on the ocean side in order to combat climate change impacts such as future "king tides" .
More on Boston Chron
- Samuel Adams Just Unlocked Beer Lovers' Phobia: Cenosillicaphobia
- Jennifer Steffens, PE Joins Opti Software for Stormwater Solutions as Vice President of Marketing
- Massachusetts Selected to Host ARPA-H Hub as Part of Nationwide Health Innovation Network
- Boston: Affordable Homeownership Opportunity in Dorchester
- Boston: Latest Updates from the Mayor's Office of Housing: September 22, 2023
Members are encouraged to create memberships in the registration system at Boston.gov/BCYF-Registration prior to the opening of the center while registration for classes and programming can be found at Boston.gov/BCYF-Curley beginning Thursday June 15th . Unfortunately due to nesting of endangered Piping Plover birds there will be no beach access from the center until fall however members are welcome to use nearby beaches surrounding the center this summer .
The official reopening of BCYF Curley Community Center will take place with a ribbon cutting ceremony in the next few weeks with details about it being made public soon .
Latest on Boston Chron
- Exploring the many plants and flowers at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
- Partners Sought for Research on History and Legacy of Slavery in Boston
- Wave2 Launches New Dynamic Data Integration Features to Elevate Bank and Credit Union Convenience
- Texas Advocacy Project Aids 10k+ Abuse Victims Annually; Offers Subject Matter Experts for Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Higi Selects ThoroughCare to Assist in Managing Chronically Ill Patients
- Introducing Stack & Sprout: The Revolutionary Vertical Plant Growing System for Urban Gardeners
- Novo Nordisk and Evotec collaborate to launch LAB eN², a translational drug discovery accelerator, to address innovation gap in cardiometabolic diseases
- NETSCOUT Identified Nearly 7.9 Million DDoS Attacks in 1H2023 According to Its Latest DDoS Threat Intelligence Report
- Introducing the State-of-the-Art National Security Operations Center: Enhancing Safety and Vigilance Nationwide
- August 2023 Financial Market Review
- Lane Music Partners with Nashville International Chopin Piano Competition
- A New Autobiographical Play Premiere "Providence Of The Heart" Affirms Life Is Truly Eternal
- Steamship Authority Electrifies Fleet with BYD | RIDE Zero-Emission Buses
- Museum of Science, Boston and Big Sister Association of Greater Boston Partner to Bring Free Museum Admission to Girls and Mentors
- Boston: Affordable Homeownership Opportunity in Roxbury
- HubSpot Named a Leader in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for B2B Marketing Automation Platforms for the Third Consecutive Year
- New Study Finds Wide Disparities in Bicycle Safety Across U.S. Cities
- Free Archery Classes for Adults and Teens in Boston
- Boston: Mayor Michelle Wu Appoints Mary Skelton Roberts to the MBTA Board of Directors
- Gaslight Studios Announces Acceptance Into Maestro Management Consulting Consortium