- Billboard, Music Week, and DJ Times Charting Recording Artist, NOAH, Releases Groundbreaking Single "BABYMAKER"
- Mayor Wu and City of Boston Celebrate Immigrant Heritage Month
- Massachusetts: MCSW Announces Keynote Speakers for Historic 25th Anniversary Gala
Mayor Michelle Wu expressed her support for the grant, saying, "Health and safety is the bedrock of thriving communities. These investments will empower community health centers across the City to continue connecting residents with the care and services that they need right in their neighborhoods."
Dr. Bisola Ojikutu, Commissioner of Public Health and Executive Director of the Boston Public Health Commission, added, "Community health centers are a key ally in our mission to improve health equity across Boston. Expanding the services and capacity of our community health center partners is paramount as we continue to work towards an equitable recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. These investments in our community health centers is a clear statement on how our city prioritizes health equity and access to care."
More on Boston Chron
- Bahamas to Host the 2023 Caribbean Masters' Track and Field Championship Labor Day Weekend
- ImmunoGen Presents Updated Findings from CADENZA Trial of Pivekimab Sunirine in Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm at EHA 2023 Congress
- Research Urges Standardization of FDA's Human Factors Engineering Practices Within the Medical Device Industry
- City of Boston Opens Applications for Nightlife Initiative for a Thriving Economy Committee
- Family Eyecare Solutions Introduces New Technology RightEye's EyeQ Vision Test
The seven recipients are Boston Medical Center, Greater Roslindale Medical Dental Center, Dorchester House Health, Charles River Community Health Center, Harbor Health Geiger Gibson Community Health Center and Daniel Driscoll – Neponset Health Center, Harvard Street Neighborhood Health Center, Uphams Corner Community Health Center, and Whittier Street Health Center. Each recipient was chosen because they actively work to improve access to prevention, intervention, and response strategies that reduce health inequities through the services they provide within their respective communities.
Dr. Cyril Ubiem from Harvard Street Neighborhood Health Center said "As we continue to engage our patients it's crucial to strengthen the service and resources offered to our patient population. The COVID-19 Community Health Equity Response grant is essential to ensure sustainable and ongoing services."
Michelle Nadow from DotHouse Health also expressed her gratitude for being chosen as a recipient saying "We are honored to continue our longstanding partnership with the City and Commission in supporting the health and well-being of all City's residents." Courtney Urick from Greater Roslindale Medical & Dental Center added "We are grateful for this grant which will greatly help us in revitalizing our efforts to care for those experiencing negative health outcomes as a result [of COVID-19]."
More on Boston Chron
- Forbes names Sun Life U.S. a Best Employer for Diversity
- Massachusetts: Healey-Driscoll Administration Awards $2M to MITRE to Boost BlueTech Innovation
- Rooted In Hosts Week of Free Cannabis Business Workshops for Anyone Looking to Break Into the Industry in Partnership with the City of Boston
- Nephron Announces New President of 503B Outsourcing Facility
- Congratulations to Olga Torres for 6th Consecutive Year of Chambers and Partners Recognition
The grantees will work with BPHC's Director of Equitable & Strategic Initiatives Bureau of Infectious Disease & Office of Public Health Preparedness on developing coordinated approaches & response models that address unique healthcare inequities that disproportionately harm communities of color & other historically marginalized groups.
This investment by The City of Boston demonstrates its commitment towards improving access & quality healthcare for all its citizens during these difficult times caused by COVID-19 pandemic.
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on Boston Chron
- Get Ready for Fireworks in Sexy Red, White, and Blue Bustier Babydoll Lingerie
- Pacific Program Management Promotes Guy Faretra to National Director, Delivery Services
- Financial IT Launches Fintech Pathfinder: Showcasing the Most Promising Fintech Startups
- Wágner Resurfaces with Second Single "I Ran" After 30-Year Hiatus
- Author/Photographer David Goodman Announces June 27 Release of His New Book An American Cannabis Story
- Knobull Alerts Workers When They Are About To Burn Out
- IPD Announces Relocation of Headquarters to Carson, CA, Marking a Historic Milestone
- Mayor Wu and Superintendent Skipper Announce Vision for Boston High Schools and Student Success
- Gigstreem Welcomes Patrick Albus as Chief Financial Officer
- At BIO International Convention, Governor Healey Pledges to "Lengthen Massachusetts' Lead" in Life Sciences with New Workforce Initiatives
- Dog Door in Screen Door solution for pet owners
- AIntelligent Studios Agency Launches to Disrupt Marketing
- KYC2020 Offers Free Sanctions Screening for Non-Commercial Use
- Introducing RecipeNFT: The Revolutionary Platform for Preserving Family Recipes on the Avalanche Blockchain
- Introducing Obitz.io: Revolutionizing Obituaries with Blockchain Technology
- Boston: BCYF Curley Community Center to Offer Tours, Begin Limited Programming
- Boston: Nazzaro Community Center Study Report
- Bent Danholm of MAXIM Realty Orlando Joins Forces With Tech Company to Improve Target Marketing of Homes in Central Florida
- The Bee Hunter is helping Natick residents enjoy their porches, patios, and play spaces this summer
- Backlight to Speak about Content ROI for Niche Streamers at Annual StreamTV Show in Denver