- Sureshot Adds Chris Petko as Vice President of Revenue After Record Q1 Growth
- Celebrity menswear designer to host 'Black Tie Experience' in D.C.National Harbor
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Announces $2.1 Million in New Funding for Career Technical Initiative
Student unions have faced pushback from university administrations throughout unionization and contract negotiation efforts. Currently, there are nearly 1,700 Harvard Graduate Students who work in Boston as research assistants and as teacher's assistants. The Harvard Graduate Student Worker union (HGSW-UAW) reached a tentative one-year contract with Harvard University administration in June 2020, which was later ratified with 96.9% of union members voting to approve the contract. The contract expires on June 30, 2021 and a new contract agreement has not been reached.
More on Boston Chron
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Denise Murphy, Hired
- Boston: Mayor Janey announces the 2021 Public Space Invitational design competition
- State Street Expands MediaStats Indicator Offering with New Bitcoin Thematic Indicator
- A Better Police Gun - to Save Lives and Reduce Controversy
- Syxsense Raises $6 Million Investment to Further accelerate its growth in Intelligent Automation of IT, Patch Management, Security Vulnerability Scans
The Harvard Graduate Student Worker union is demanding increased and improved protections for student workers against identity and power-based discrimination and harassment, protections for international student workers, annual pay increases, improved healthcare, paid medical and family leave, and union security.
Failure to acknowledge the labor of student workers has consequences for job quality, compensation and the rights of women and pregnant workers.
This week, the Council adopted a resolution in support of the Harvard Graduate Student Worker Union's right to negotiate a fair and equitable contract for workers rights and fair labor practices.
Latest on Boston Chron
- The Dementia Discovery Fund Appoints Luca Santarelli, M.D., a Proven Neuroscience Leader, as the New Chair of its Scientific Advisory Board
- Hologic to Webcast Presentations at Upcoming Virtual Investor Conferences
- UNI Arlington Inc., DBA: UNIAIRE has been awarded a GSA Multiple Award Schedule Contract assisted by Mr. Brian Peterson and Government Marketplace LLC
- Sensible Medical Donates Use of Portable JADE Medical Grade Air Purification System to Preschool
- Mayor Janey calls on Eversource to cancel the proposed substation in East Boston
- Re:Build Manufacturing Accelerates Onshoring with the Acquisition of Cutting Dynamics, Inc.
- MTI Systems Unveils Costimator 2020 for Manufacturing Industry
- Indigo Fire Opens a Second Location in Watertown MA
- Della Terra Wins Four Global Footwear Awards
- Sourcing teams explore Bid Ops predictive sourcing AI at SIG Procurement Technology Summit
- Availability of Investment Tax Calculator Showing Potential Impact of the Biden Tax Proposals
- FitterPaws Pet Products Launches Healthy And Organic Dog Treats
- SmartBear Adds Testing Support for Popular Event Streaming Platform Apache Kafka
- New Non-Invasive Keloid Treatment using Rhenium-188 now available in South Africa
- Fidelity Charitable® Study: Seismic Shifts to Redefine Philanthropy
- American Homebuilders of West Africa Returns to Roots with Jobomax Rebrand
- Makarand Karanjkar joins Wohler as CEO and CTO
- Living Abroad Obtains Prestigious Woman-Owned Business Designation
- Moderna Announces Expansion of its Manufacturing Technology Center in Massachusetts
- Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway Converts CAN Bus Data to WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE