- Ninja Foodi Grill Black Friday Deals (2020): Indoor Electric Grill Sales Revealed by Deal Tomato
- Black Friday Google Pixel Deals (2020): Early Pixel 5, 4a 5G, 3a & More Sales Rated by Deal Tomato
- Black Friday Theragun & Hypervolt Deals (2020): Early Massage Gun Sales Identified by Spending Lab
Car share is gaining popularity as a transportation alternative for those who cannot afford a car or choose not to own a car. Electric vehicle (EV) car sharing provides an introduction to clean, quiet EV technology. Sliding rates for use of the EVs will enable low-income residents to access personal transportation at very affordable costs. This service will complement public transportation. It will provide an option for errands, appointments, and for small business owners to deliver goods. The program also welcomes market-rate subscribers. Market-rate subscribers would pay slightly more than low-income users. Even for market-rate users, the cost of car sharing is below the average cost of car ownership.
More on Boston Chron
- Mayor Walsh and Steering Committee announce distribution of $1.75M Boston Resiliency Fund grants
- Overjet Tapped by AEGIS for Dental Artificial Intelligence Article Series
- The Autonomous Black Friday Blowout!
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Apple Watch Series 3 Deals (2020): Best GPS + Cellular, GPS, 38mm & 42mm Apple Watch Savings Published by Retail Fuse
- The Best Samsung Tablet Black Friday Deals 2020: Galaxy Tab A, S7, S6 & S4 Deals Revealed by Saver Trends
Commissioner Greg Rooney stated, "Increasing equitable access to quality transportation choices and lowering the carbon footprint of Boston are key goals for the City; this project advances both of them. An income-tiered, electric vehicle car share program will expand sustainable transportation choices for residents of Roxbury and all Bostonians. It will also help increase exposure to electric vehicles, a mode we rely on to reach our 2050 carbon neutrality goal. We thank MassCEC, and our partners on this project for their investment and commitment to make our city even more thriving and resilient."
Chris Cook, Chief of the Mayor's Office of Environment, Energy, and Open Space, said, "This community-owned electric vehicle car share in Roxbury is an exciting first for the City of Boston. To achieve Mayor Walsh's goal of carbon neutrality by 2050, electric vehicles and our Healthy Streets initiative are crucial in making our neighborhoods and communities safer, healthier, more equitable, and resilient. We thank MassCEC for helping us invest in Boston's communities and look forward to Roxbury residents, small businesses, and all Bostonians benefiting from this program."
A zero emission vehicle (ZEV) is a vehicle that emits no tailpipe emissions from the onboard source of power, such as EVs. ZEVs generate fewer emissions than gas- and diesel-powered vehicles. Recharge Boston is the City of Boston's program to encourage the use of EVs. The primary goal of the Recharge Boston program is to complement and support the goals of Go Boston 2030, the City's transportation plan. Go Boston 2030, aims to shift travelers away from personal vehicles to:
More on Boston Chron
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday TV Deals (2020): Top Smart & 4K TV Deals Researched by Retail Fuse
- Stonewall Kitchen Opens a New Store in Boston With New Company Store and PB&J Café
- 65 Inch TV Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020: Best 4K Samsung, Vizio & Roku TV Deals Monitored by Deal Tomato
- Latest Helpful Tools for Event Promoters and Marketers by Ismail Sirdah
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Verizon iPhone Deals (2020): iPhone XR, SE, 12, 12 Pro & More Sales Monitored by Deal Stripe
- public transit
- walking and biking, and
- shared trips.
We also need to make all remaining cars zero-emission vehicles. The City of Boston's 2019 Climate Action Plan Update identified exploring sustainable models for community based EV car share as a high-priority strategy. This was an effort to support city-wide ZEV deployment and accelerate carbon reductions. The transition to ZEVs and expansion of EV car sharing is part of a broader investment of resources by Boston to lead on climate action and is supported by the Bloomberg Philanthropies American Cities Climate Challenge. Boston is one of the 25 winning cities in the Climate Challenge, which is helping cities set and surpass ambitious climate goals by ramping up action in the two highest-emitting sectors in cities: transportation and buildings. The City of Boston is committed to expanding sustainable and equitable transportation access, and is proud to be on the team that is scheduled to bring the first EV car share to Massachusetts this upcoming year.
You can learn more about Recharge Boston, or about Care Share Boston.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Apply to help Charlestown and East Boston plan for coastal resilience
- ProSource Diesel,Where Repair Shops Shop for Hard-to-Find Truck Parts and Kits, Celebrates Anniversary!
- Best Xbox Series S & X Black Friday Deals (2020) Compared by Saver Trends
- Robot Shuttle $18 Billion Market Attracts Diversity, IDTechEx Reports
- Best Sonos One Black Friday Deals (2020): Top Sonos Smart Speaker Savings Revealed by Retail Egg
- Sirtex Medical and China Grand Pharmaceutical announce SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres milestone
- Boston: New funding through Childcare Entrepreneur fund announced
- Best Sony A6000 & A6100 Black Friday Deals (2020) Revealed by Deal Stripe
- Shift Technology Analyzes Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Trends Impacting the Global Health Insurance Industry
- Best Casper Black Friday Deals (2020) Identified by Saver Trends
- Barbie Dreamhouse Black Friday Deals (2020): Top Barbie Dolls & Dollhouse Sales Ranked by Retail Fuse
- CorticoMetrics Announces FDA 510(k) Clearance of THINQ™ for MRI Brain Volumetric Reporting
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client CBC Federal Credit Union for Customer Service Accolades
- Lancome Black Friday Deals (2020): Top Gift Set, Makeup & Skincare Savings Published by Saver Trends
- Boston: Help us make a better Parks and Recreation website
- Black Friday Garmin Fenix 6, 6X & 6S Deals 2020 Published by Consumer Walk
- OneShield Software Receives Growth Investment Led by Bain Capital Credit and Pacific Lake Partners
- Apple Watch Series 6 Black Friday Deals 2020 Collated by Retail Egg
- L2 Aviation receives FAA STC approval for Ka-band system installations on Boeing 767 aircraft
- Boston: Mayor Walsh announces new funding through Childcare Entrepreneur fund