- Bicycle Sunshade Expands Product Line with Two New Colors
- ShopCHARLI.com Launches Online Store With a Hot New Spring Collection that Doesn't Miss
- Congressman Mark Alford endorsed by Veterans for Trump on his 2024 re-election
The Residence Life workers are responsible for hosting events, holding office hours, and running on-call offices in residence halls, including some 24-hour on-call shifts. Resident Assistants (RAs) and Graduate RAs are paid in-kind with housing from the University but receive no monetary compensation. They must obtain University permission to take a second job to pay for food and other necessities.
More on Boston Chron
- Worldwide UC&C Market Grows Despite Economic and Geopolitical Headwinds in 2022, According to IDC Tracker
- CSC Motorcycles Announces New Twin Cylinder 650cc Sport Touring Model
- GLCPS Opens First Thinkabit Lab on the East Coast in new Joan and Irwin Jacobs Center
- Cargill joins Selerant on stage at American Food Innovate 2023
- The In-N-Out Burger Financial Planning Story
The Residence Life workers are often approached by students in need of major mental health support or difficult dispute resolution, and they are seeking paid training in crisis management and mediation rather than the current limited unpaid training. The Council adopted a resolution supporting the BU Residence Life Workers Union and calls upon Boston University to ensure a fair and accessible union election process.
The Residence Life workers at Boston University are seeking what every worker needs: reasonable compensation and protections, a fair way to address issues in the workplace without fear of retaliation, and a voice in the decisions that affect their work and their lives. With this unionization effort, they hope to achieve these goals.
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on Boston Chron
- Neighborhood Parcel Launches Comprehensive Apostille Services in Boston, MA
- Investa Financial Planning Launches in Bay Area by Founder Andrew Kessler, CFP®, MBA
- Start new spring crochet projects—Now!
- Cognito Therapeutics Raises $73M Series B to Advance Neurotechnology Platform for Alzheimer's Disease
- Dewpoint Therapeutics partners with Novo Nordisk to explore the field of biomolecular condensates to treat insulin resistance and diabetes progression
- Eddie Turner is Recognized as the #9 Motivational Speaker in the World By Global Gurus!
- Hadassah Selects YonaLink's EHR-to-EDC Clinical Trial Platform to Securely and Seamlessly Integrate Clinical Care and Research Data
- MyPaperShredding.com Launches New Residential Shredding Service In Andover MA
- The Ultimate Medical and Residential Document Shredding Service In Boston MA
- RE/MAX Signature Earns Top Regional Award
- Aortix Pump Therapy Leads to Rapid Decongestion and Improved Kidney Function in Hospitalized Patients with Heart Failure and Worsening Renal Function
- UMF|PerfectCLEAN Names Marie Ferguson of Element Orlando Universal Blvd as National Guest Room Attendant Excellence Award Recipient
- Wohler releases out-of-band configuration tools for Riedel 2110 SFP's
- Mayor Wu, Boston Public Schools Announce Steps to Increase Availability and Variety of Preschool Seats for Boston Families
- Levinger Regens Announces New Initiative to Improve Hydrogen Carbon Intensity
- Eve Wellness, a SF Breast Ultrasound Screening Clinic supports the recent FDA updates to the guidelines to inform women about breast density
- Our recent travels included amazing flowers!
- Boston: Mayor Wu, Senator Markey, Congressman Lynch Announce Federal Funding to Renovate Public Housing in North End
- Expert tip: Private Jet Engine Maintenance Program - Pros and Cons for Preowned Jet Buyers
- Gaming and entertainment company Spinrack Corporation, appoints Jesse Norton as Chief Marketing Officer