For others, the holidays can be a stressful time for many who cope with the increase in responsibilities, grief or loss, financial issues, and obligations that can feel overwhelming. Whether you are looking to give back to the community, or need resources of your own, this year we wanted to continue our tradition of linking to different events, resources, and charities, listed below.
- Here's a list of Boston-area holiday events, many of which are free to the community! This site lists an assortment of Christmas assistance programs for families in need. My Brother's Keeper, an area charity, offers assistance to those in need in the area, providing food, furniture, and other forms of support. They also offer volunteer opportunities. Toys for Tots takes toy donations yearly and provides them as gifts for children in need. Christmas in the City provides resources to the City of Boston's homeless and in-need population. They host a yearly community event helping to provide a Christmas experience for them. This helpful database lists many different types of holiday resources, ranging from limited financial assistance to holiday meals and toys. Other areas in Massachusetts are also represented in this list. For those coping with grief during the holidays, MassGeneral Hospital offers this helpful tips and resources page. You can also find more support groups for children and family. The National Alliance on Mental Illness Massachusetts offers this list of family support groups to help those that may benefit from reaching out during the holidays. As always, the suicide prevention hotline can be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-273-8255 for immediate support.
More on Boston Chron
- Zbones Discovers Additional Eardrums In Humans!
- Libman Education Announces Redesign of Inpatient Auditing Program
- Aldo Dinelli, Houston's Top Celebrity Jeweler - Talks Diamonds
- Demolition Delay Application: 197-207 Maverick Street, East Boston
- SelecTech goes FreeStyle with installation at Durfee High School renovation
Have a safe and happy holiday, and we will see you in the new year!
Latest on Boston Chron
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- TechBook Efficiently Connects Tech Startups with Corporates for Partnerships
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
- Kirk Stange And Stange Law Firm, PC Proud To Support Kids Rock Cancer On Their 10th Year Anniversary
- Ottawa-based Business to Create Car Accident Reduction Technology
- City of Boston traffic advisory for December 7 and 8
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Synlio on Sale to Boston-Based Building Engines
- Sprawling New Novel, WE OF THE FORSAKEN WORLD, Tackles Themes of Global Connection
- Boston PD Completes OSCR360 Crime Scene Investigation Training
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- RAIN Group Releases White Paper "The 5 Most Effective Negotiation Tactics Buyers Use on Sellers"
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
- Tripleseat Recommends these New York City Venues to Book a Last-Minute Event to Get Coworkers in the Holiday Spirit
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Scilligence and Certara Partner to Improve Client's Data Analysis and Visualization
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
- Freedom Spreads in South America