- Ninja Foodi Grill Black Friday Deals (2020): Indoor Electric Grill Sales Revealed by Deal Tomato
- Black Friday Google Pixel Deals (2020): Early Pixel 5, 4a 5G, 3a & More Sales Rated by Deal Tomato
- Black Friday Theragun & Hypervolt Deals (2020): Early Massage Gun Sales Identified by Spending Lab
1. Our Pumpkin display really 'set the scene'
Thanks to our friends at the Dorchester Art Project (DAP), we were able to welcome guests to the event with a fantastic pumpkin display.
By partnering with DAP, which is based out of Fields Corner, we were able to commission 13 Boston-based emerging artists to help with this display. Seasonal plants from the Franklin Park greenhouse, and corn husks from Stillman's Farm were welcomed additions to the display as well.
2. Audience members got creative with their car setups
With Halloween just days away, many audience members decided to get into the holiday spirit by decorating their vehicles with various decorations like festive lights, pumpkins, and some guests even dressed up themselves!
Guests were also given a Boston Activity Book at check-in, which acted as a nice pre-movie distraction for movie-goers.
More on Boston Chron
- Mayor Walsh and Steering Committee announce distribution of $1.75M Boston Resiliency Fund grants
- Overjet Tapped by AEGIS for Dental Artificial Intelligence Article Series
- The Autonomous Black Friday Blowout!
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Apple Watch Series 3 Deals (2020): Best GPS + Cellular, GPS, 38mm & 42mm Apple Watch Savings Published by Retail Fuse
- The Best Samsung Tablet Black Friday Deals 2020: Galaxy Tab A, S7, S6 & S4 Deals Revealed by Saver Trends
3. Costumes did not disappoint at our Age Strong Matinee
Based on the popularity of our summer Drive-in Movie Matinee, we were excited to partner with the Age Strong Commission again for a special Age-Strong showing of "Hocus Pocus."
Bostonians ages 55 and older were invited to attend the show, many of whom took the opportunity to show off their finest Halloween costumes.
4. Halloween Trivia kept the audience guessing
Prior to the show starting, audience members were challenged with 13 "Spooktacular" Halloween-themed trivia questions. Questions ranged from where the jack-o'-lantern originated, to the color order of a candy corn. Think you know Halloween? Check out all the trivia questions.
5. The weather could not have been better!
From spooky Halloween fog on Thursday night, to sunsets that made the whole skyline glow on Saturday, the weather for our event could not have been better.
More on Boston Chron
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday TV Deals (2020): Top Smart & 4K TV Deals Researched by Retail Fuse
- Stonewall Kitchen Opens a New Store in Boston With New Company Store and PB&J Café
- 65 Inch TV Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020: Best 4K Samsung, Vizio & Roku TV Deals Monitored by Deal Tomato
- Latest Helpful Tools for Event Promoters and Marketers by Ismail Sirdah
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Verizon iPhone Deals (2020): iPhone XR, SE, 12, 12 Pro & More Sales Monitored by Deal Stripe
Thanks to the team who made it all happen!
This entire series would not have been possible without the support from our sponsors, the Highland Street Foundation, who also sponsored our summer Drive-in Series, as well as XFinity, who provided audience members and staff with festive glow-in-the-dark bracelets for the event. We would also like to thank Audio Spectrum, the audio visual company who built the screen, and the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority who hosted us, yet again, for this great series. We would also like to send a special thanks to our City partners at the Mayor's Office of Tourism, Sports & Entertainment who helped make this event possible, and our friends at the Boston Transportation Department who helped jump cars that may have died during the show.
Have any suggestions on ways we can improve events like this? Email parks@Boston.gov with ideas, suggestions or questions.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Apply to help Charlestown and East Boston plan for coastal resilience
- ProSource Diesel,Where Repair Shops Shop for Hard-to-Find Truck Parts and Kits, Celebrates Anniversary!
- Best Xbox Series S & X Black Friday Deals (2020) Compared by Saver Trends
- Robot Shuttle $18 Billion Market Attracts Diversity, IDTechEx Reports
- Best Sonos One Black Friday Deals (2020): Top Sonos Smart Speaker Savings Revealed by Retail Egg
- Sirtex Medical and China Grand Pharmaceutical announce SIR-Spheres® Y-90 resin microspheres milestone
- Boston: New funding through Childcare Entrepreneur fund announced
- Best Sony A6000 & A6100 Black Friday Deals (2020) Revealed by Deal Stripe
- Shift Technology Analyzes Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Trends Impacting the Global Health Insurance Industry
- Best Casper Black Friday Deals (2020) Identified by Saver Trends
- Barbie Dreamhouse Black Friday Deals (2020): Top Barbie Dolls & Dollhouse Sales Ranked by Retail Fuse
- CorticoMetrics Announces FDA 510(k) Clearance of THINQ™ for MRI Brain Volumetric Reporting
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client CBC Federal Credit Union for Customer Service Accolades
- Lancome Black Friday Deals (2020): Top Gift Set, Makeup & Skincare Savings Published by Saver Trends
- Boston: Help us make a better Parks and Recreation website
- Black Friday Garmin Fenix 6, 6X & 6S Deals 2020 Published by Consumer Walk
- OneShield Software Receives Growth Investment Led by Bain Capital Credit and Pacific Lake Partners
- Apple Watch Series 6 Black Friday Deals 2020 Collated by Retail Egg
- L2 Aviation receives FAA STC approval for Ka-band system installations on Boeing 767 aircraft
- Boston: Mayor Walsh announces new funding through Childcare Entrepreneur fund