- Billboard, Music Week, and DJ Times Charting Recording Artist, NOAH, Releases Groundbreaking Single "BABYMAKER"
- Mayor Wu and City of Boston Celebrate Immigrant Heritage Month
- Massachusetts: MCSW Announces Keynote Speakers for Historic 25th Anniversary Gala
Councilor Fernandes Anderson proposed the resolution, noting that many other cities have already recognized Malcolm X's birthday as a holiday and incorporated his accomplishments into their educational curricula. The resolution calls for the recognition of Malcolm X's birthday, the designation and development of a site on Malcolm X Boulevard to commission a statue of him, and the enhancement of existing plaques and renovation of the Malcolm X - Ella Little Collins House in Roxbury.
More on Boston Chron
- ImmunoGen Presents Updated Findings from CADENZA Trial of Pivekimab Sunirine in Blastic Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Neoplasm at EHA 2023 Congress
- Research Urges Standardization of FDA's Human Factors Engineering Practices Within the Medical Device Industry
- City of Boston Opens Applications for Nightlife Initiative for a Thriving Economy Committee
- Family Eyecare Solutions Introduces New Technology RightEye's EyeQ Vision Test
- Forbes names Sun Life U.S. a Best Employer for Diversity
In celebration of Malcolm X's birthday, Councilor Fernandes Anderson tweeted: "Today, we celebrate his life, his legacy, and the impact he had on our city and our country. Let us honor his memory and work towards a more just and equitable society. Boston, let's come together and celebrate Malcolm X Day today!"
The resolution is seen as an opportunity to commemorate Malcolm X's legacy and contributions while preserving Boston's history, culture, and identity. It is also hoped that it will bring together community leaders, artists, vendors, and others in celebration of unity.
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on Boston Chron
- Smart Cities of the Future by Vine Strategy
- Tom Olen Memorial Fund Awards Scholarship to a Norwood High School Senior
- Electives named 'Corporate Learning Solution of the Year' by EdTech Breakthrough
- Syros to Present at Sidoti June 2023 Virtual Small-Cap Conference
- The Data Economics Company and Gordian Knot Strategies Highlight Deployment of Enkrateia Platform for More Strategic Investments in U.S. Forests
- Menarini Group Shares NEXPOVIO® (selinexor) Subgroup Data from BOSTON trial at the European Hematology Association Congress, Highlighting Clinical Potential in Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Strivve partners with innovative Reseda Group
- RevBio krijgt 2 miljoen dollar subsidie om de ontwikkeling van zijn nieuwe implantaatproduct voor de tandheelkundige hechting van botfragmenten te bevorderen
- Hanover Crossing Welcomes Twelve Tesla Superchargers
- RevBio is Awarded a $2 Million Grant to Advance the Development of its Novel Dental Adhesive Bone Scaffold Product
- Timing is Key: Discover the Advantages of Selling Now, Backed by Experts
- Governor Healey Re-Nominates Dr. Charlene Bonner to Massachusetts Parole Board
- Life Sciences Workforce Initiative Launched for Boston Residents
- Spring is in bloom with our May partners!
- Get Ready for Fireworks in Sexy Red, White, and Blue Bustier Babydoll Lingerie
- Pacific Program Management Promotes Guy Faretra to National Director, Delivery Services
- Financial IT Launches Fintech Pathfinder: Showcasing the Most Promising Fintech Startups
- Wágner Resurfaces with Second Single "I Ran" After 30-Year Hiatus
- Author/Photographer David Goodman Announces June 27 Release of His New Book An American Cannabis Story
- Knobull Alerts Workers When They Are About To Burn Out