- Posh AI Welcomes Former NCUA Chairman Rodney E. Hood to Board of Directors
- Boston's Urban Tree Data Now Available Through Analyze Boston
- New Book Challenges AI Implementations
Homicide is the leading cause of death among Black Americans ages 12 through 19 and the second leading cause of death for teenagers nationwide. Almost 1 in 4 Black American and Latino adults report having lost a loved one to gun-related homicide. More than half of women who are victims of homicides are killed because of intimate partner violence.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Ribbon-cutting Ceremony Celebrates Menstrual Product Availability in City Hall
- Mayor Michelle Wu announces five year contract ratified by Boston Police Detectives Benevolent Society, codifying key reforms, fair compensation and advancing transparency
- Angel Beck Honored as Featured Agent in "Best of Real Estate Magazine"
- Training Industry Recognizes RAIN Group on 2024 Top 20 Sales Training and Enablement Companies List
- J & Z Unveils Naveen: The Next Generation Virtual Human Skincare Expert
Surviving family members need holistic and coordinated support and services in the immediate aftermath of a homicide as well as ongoing opportunities for healing in the months and years afterward. Survivors are using their tragedies to inform public policy so that all children can grow up in safe communities. The Council has expressed its support for the designation of a National Survivors of Homicide Awareness Month on the federal level to raise awareness and support survivors.
This recognition can help combat trauma and foster healing for families and communities impacted by homicide. It is essential that leadership by surviving family members be taken to disrupt cycles of violence and promote peace in all communities.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Entegris Completes the Sale of the Pipeline and Industrial Materials (PIM) Business to SCF Partners
- Weiss Asset Management is Unrelated to Weiss Multi-Strategy Advisers LLC
- Vintage Arms Inc. Opens Its Doors as Yonkers' Premier Firearms Destination and Training Facility
- Survivor breaks silence after 50 years
- The newest installment in an early middle grade series about a weird town with silly goings-on will delight young readers
- Have Luxury Watches Lost Their Shine? Market Analysis for 2024
- Rio Rancho Dentist Treats Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Snoring, with Oral Appliance Therapy
- Distribution Dates and Amounts Announced for Eaton Vance Closed-End Funds
- Hannah's Journal to Be Happy: New Book Reminds Us of the Many Ways We Can Find "Happy"
- TownePlace Suites Geneva at SPIRE Academy Opens
- Tobu Railway Makes Japan's First Demonstration Experiment Using Biofuel in a Steam Locomotive
- Boston: March is Women's History Month
- Massachusetts: Governor Healey Files Mass Leads Act to Grow Economy, Support Businesses, Attract Talent
- Massachusetts: Press Statement Governor Healey Applauds CVS and Walgreens for Expanding Access to Mifepristone
- Tri-Continental Corporation Declares First Quarter Distribution
- Introducing Flumlite SNUGG: Redefining Vaping Comfort and Style
- Sarepta Therapeutics Announces Inducement Grants Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)
- CNN and Fortune cite Wharton Wealth Planning market advice
- Boston: Mayor Michelle Wu Announces Expansion of Swim Safe Program with New Funding for Free Swim Lessons
- NFS Leasing, Inc. Sets Company Record for Year-Over-Year Originations in 2023, Increasing Vendor Partner NBV by 250%