- Sureshot Adds Chris Petko as Vice President of Revenue After Record Q1 Growth
- Celebrity menswear designer to host 'Black Tie Experience' in D.C.National Harbor
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Announces $2.1 Million in New Funding for Career Technical Initiative
It may be helpful to explore some mental health websites or speak with a professional counselor to get perspective on what you are experiencing and work actively towards improving your quality of life. We want to highlight some useful links that focus on your mental health and self-care skills, as well as review essential community support services.
- Mental Health America offers a mental health toolkit, with separate links to different pages focusing on key topics such as adapting after trauma and stress, dealing with anger and frustration, processing big changes, and more.
- The National Alliance for Mental Illness continues to be an excellent local resource for mental health support. Be sure to check out the virtual NAMIwalks event May 22, and the May 2021 mental health awareness page to share your story.
- City employees have free access to the Boston Navigate Wellness Portal, which offers wellness resources, healthy recipes, seminars, and more to help you maintain your mental health.
- The National Suicide Prevention Hotline provides free, 24/7 phone support to any person in distress, as well as prevention and crisis hotlines for friends and family. The number is 1-800-273-8255.
- The Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance continues to offer online support groups for individuals facing depression, bi-polar, and anxiety. They also offer groups for friends and families of people struggling with these mental health issues. It's free to register, completely anonymous and confidential, and no webcam is necessary.
- Care Dimensions is a hospice organization that also hosts numerous support groups for those struggling with grief and loss. Check out their event calendar for topics, dates and times.
- If you are looking for long term therapy, you can work either through your insurance provider's list, or use the following online resources to search for a therapist in your area.
And as always, you can reach out to us at the Employee Assistance Program to speak to a professional counselor for an evaluation, counseling, or assistance with referrals. We are available 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 617-635-2200 (https://www.boston.gov/news/tel:617-635-2200), and offer on-call hours from 6 - 8 p.m. Have a safe and healthy month.
More on Boston Chron
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Denise Murphy, Hired
- Boston: Mayor Janey announces the 2021 Public Space Invitational design competition
- State Street Expands MediaStats Indicator Offering with New Bitcoin Thematic Indicator
- A Better Police Gun - to Save Lives and Reduce Controversy
- Syxsense Raises $6 Million Investment to Further accelerate its growth in Intelligent Automation of IT, Patch Management, Security Vulnerability Scans
Latest on Boston Chron
- American Homebuilders of West Africa Returns to Roots with Jobomax Rebrand
- Makarand Karanjkar joins Wohler as CEO and CTO
- Living Abroad Obtains Prestigious Woman-Owned Business Designation
- Moderna Announces Expansion of its Manufacturing Technology Center in Massachusetts
- Internet of Things (IoT) Gateway Converts CAN Bus Data to WiFi, Bluetooth, BLE
- Fast Company Names nference as 2021 World Changing Ideas Finalist in AI and Data
- Trilio Announces Kubernetes Backup Monitoring for Velero Users
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Ocular Therapeutix™ To Present Pre-Clinical and Clinical Data at the 2021 Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) Annual Meeting
- ekoostik hookah Release First Official NFT Collection And Announce New Album
- Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. Announces Intent to Divest Thompson/Center Arms™ Brand
- NJ Realtor Barbara Valentino Joins Haddonfield's Boutique Agency
- Schneider Electric Enhances EcoStruxture™ Triconex™ Safety View
- Burns & Levinson Closes $4.2 Million Seed Financing for Anodyne Nanotech
- AVTECH Named A 2021 Best Place To Work In Rhode Island By Providence Business News
- Pompano Beach-based business receives Office Depot's ELEVATE TOGETHER Grant
- Lehigh Valley Inter-Regional Networking & Connecting Consortium Announces New Hires in Leadership Roles
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration on Track to Hit Goal of 4.1 Million People Vaccinated, Announces Next Phase of Vaccination Efforts
- The iGEM Foundation is presenting its brand new Design League
- Marketing Leader John Wernz Joins LifeYield's Advisory Board
- Evolve IP Extends Its Microsoft Teams Direct Routing Solution To More Than 50 Countries