- In The Spirit Entertainment Announces Love And Sip 3 Holiday Event In Dallas Texas
- ATTIA: Scientists Confirm Essential Oils Unrelated to Hormone Disruption
- Are you ready to get started in Canadian real estate wholesaling?
"Segun Idowu has expanded our vision for what is possible when we champion inclusive business and economic development and use our city's resources to build wealth and opportunity in every community," said Mayor Michelle Wu. "I've worked alongside Segun to require equitable city contracting and ensure that Boston invests in building wealth in our communities. I'm thrilled that Segun will be leading our efforts to grow a thriving, inclusive and equitable economy as the Chief of Economic Opportunity & Inclusion."
Segun Idowu is the President and CEO of the Black Economic Council of Massachusetts, whose mission is to advance the economic wellbeing of Black businesses, organizations that support the Black community, and Black residents of the Commonwealth.
"I am grateful to Mayor Wu for giving me this opportunity to serve the city I love and grew up in in this way," said Idowu. "I am excited at the prospect of working with my colleagues in an administration keenly focused on making Boston an equitable world-class city for all."
More on Boston Chron
- Best Black Friday & Cyber Monday Luggage Deals 2021: Samsonite, Rimowa, Protege & Briggs and Riley Sales Shared by Consumer Walk
- Samsung Phone Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2021: Galaxy S21, S20, Note20, S10, Z Fold3 & Z Flip3 Sales Tracked by Save Bubble
- Best Cyber Monday Deals 2021- Continue Discount With Black Friday In Nadula
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Apple Watch Deals 2021: Apple Watch Series 4, 5, SE, 6 & Series 7 Sales Compared by Save Bubble
- Best Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sonos Speaker Deals (2021): Top Sonos One, Sonos Beam & More Savings Rounded Up by Deal Tomato
Idowu is a proud product of the Boston Public Schools and a 2012 graduate of Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia with honors from the Phi Beta Kappa and Golden Key Societies.
Following his graduation, Segun Idowu joined the office of then-District 4 City Councilor Charles C. Yance as a Legislative Aide. After two successful years, Idowu transitioned to the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the United States Senate. At this time, Idowu organized the Boston Police Camera Action Team (BPCAT) in 2014 with fellow high school graduate, Shekia Scott. As a result of BPCAT's advocacy, Boston police officers were equipped with mandatory body cameras, a major step in furthering accountability and safety in Boston. In April 2021, Idowu was recognized by Boston Magazine as one of the "100 Most Influential People in the City of Boston."
Wu also announced that Interim Chief of Economic Development Midori Morikawa would continue to serve in the role through the end of the year and then transition into a new city role supporting neighborhood economic growth. As Interim Chief, Morikawa led the launch of multiple campaigns to help Boston's workforce and economy recover from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, including the All Inclusive Boston campaign, B-Local and most recently the Restaurant Revitalization Program. She also helped launch small business relief funds to aid business owners in their reopening and recovery.
More on Boston Chron
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Verizon Deals 2021: Apple iPad, iPhone, Watch & More Savings Researched by Retail Egg
- YETI Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals (2021): Top YETI Rambler, Hopper, Tundra & More Savings Found by Consumer Walk
- Breaking The Chains Foundation x Jillian Rose Reed How To Love Yourselfie Holiday Stocking Stuffers
- Best Black Friday & Cyber Monday AT&T iPhone Deals (2021): iPhone SE, XR, 8, 11, 12 & 13 Deals Identified by The Consumer Post
- Sell Your Boynton Beach House For Top Dollar Without The Hassles Of Listing It!
"I am excited to stay with Mayor Wu's administration, support the transition, and continue the ongoing work of neighborhood economic recovery and small business growth," said Morikawa. "This is a moment to expand what's possible in Boston."
Latest on Boston Chron
- Best Hoverboard Black Friday Deals (2021): Best Segway, Swagtron, GOTRAX & More Deals Reviewed by Consumer Articles
- The Power of Gratitude Everyday Not Just Thanksgiving
- Mission MightyMe Gives Back and Announces Deals for Cyber Week
- Best Black Friday Table Saw Deals (2021): Milwaukee, SawStop & More Deals Published by Save Bubble
- The Best Black Friday Philips Hue Deals 2021: Strip Lights, Smart Light Bulbs & More Deals Researched by Retail Fuse
- Ship, Logos Hope Docks in Sierra Leone and Helps All For One Foundation Deliver Help Beyond Hope!
- Mayor Wu Announces Extended Deadline To Apply for Four-Year Term on Boston School Committee
- Black Friday Away Deals (2021): Best Away Suitcase, Luggage, Carry-On & Travel Bag Deals Published by Retail Egg
- Wilmington Trust Expands Boston's Wealth Management Team; Extending Reach Across Boston and Massachusetts Territory
- Best Black Friday Milwaukee Tools Deals 2021: Best Tools & Equipment Sales Shared by Deal Stripe
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces Outdoor Dining Extended to December 31, 2021
- The MVP of PR, Deidre Gaskin, Launches New Website for Athletes, Entrepreneurs and Aspiring Publicists
- The Best Hosting Black Friday Deals (2021): Top WP Engine, Bluehost, Dreamhost, SiteGround & More Web Hosting Deals Listed by Consumer Walk
- Academic Search Engine Knobull Helps Students Learn More In Less Time And Lower Cost
- 5G: IDTechEx Summarize 2021 and What to Expect Going Forward
- Web Hosting Black Friday Deals 2021: Best SiteGround, Namecheap, Dreamhost, Bluehost & Hostinger Sales Monitored by Retail Egg
- The Best DJI Black Friday Deals (2021): Top DJI Drone & Camera Deals Summarized by Saver Trends
- OncoBeta launches International Registry for Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer
- PTC and Rockwell Automation Issue Statement in Response to Berenberg Capital Markets Research Report
- Black Friday Beats Studio Buds Deals (2021): True Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds Savings Published by Save Bubble