- Join the City of Boston Team!
- Businessman Ismail Sirdah Advertisement Strategies for Event Promotion
- Crowds Wire LTD is Launching the Marketing Agency New Site
"I'm thrilled to welcome Jessicah back to City Hall, bringing her passion for building community and love for Boston to strengthen our connection to residents across every neighborhood," said Mayor Wu. "Jessicah shares our vision of a Boston for everyone, and I'm so excited to see her leadership in helping each of our City departments meet residents where they are with creative, transparent, and proactive communications."
Jessicah Pierre is a publicist, business strategist, and writer who has used her public relations and entrepreneurial skills to build community and elevate the work of organizations like the Black Economic Council of MA and the Institute for Policy Studies. As a writer, she formerly wrote a weekly column in the Dorchester Reporter, highlighting important events, initiatives, and issues in Boston's Black communities. Previously, Pierre served on Mayor Wu's campaign as the press secretary and as communications staff in Wu's City Council office.
More on Boston Chron
- Kaplan Morrell Attorneys at Law Announces New Partner
- Culinary And Cannabis Presents The CannaSpa Celebrity Gifting Lounge In Honor of Super Bowl LVI
- Pearl Meyer Names Beth Florin Chief Executive Officer
- Leading NOW Announces Professional Development Partnership With Winsight to Diversify Restaurant Industry Leadership
- Console & Associates, P.C. Explores Possible Lawsuits Stemming from Dark Herring Scamware
"I am humbled by the opportunity to join Mayor Wu's administration and serve the city that I love," said Jessicah Pierre. "As a Boston resident, I understand the barriers that many of our neighbors face in getting access to critical information in a culturally competent way. I am looking forward to leading an inclusive communications department that is reflective of our city's diversity to carry out a vision that brings our communities together, and provides the much needed change that Boston residents deserve."
Born and raised in Boston, Pierre has a deep understanding of the role that communications and the media has in mobilizing communities and building connections through storytelling. As a curator of safe spaces and an advocate for equity, she is also the founder of Queens Company, a leading organization in Boston dedicated to empowering women of color professionals and entrepreneurs.
Jessicah Pierre is currently a Dorchester resident who enjoys practicing yoga and mentoring young people.
This announcement builds on Mayor Wu's efforts to quickly build a passionate, knowledgeable Cabinet that reflects the diversity of Boston. Last week the Mayor appointed Brianna Millor as Chief of Community Engagement. Other recent appointments include Adam Cederbaum as Corporation Counsel, Jascha Franklin-Hodge as Chief of Streets, and Segun Idowu as Chief of Economic Opportunity & Inclusion. Additionally, Dr. Monica Bharel previously joined the administration as a senior advisor, Sheila Dillion was reappointed as Chief of Housing, and Dr. Bisola Ojikutu's position as Executive Director of the Boston Public Health Commission (BPHC), all serving in cabinet-level roles. Alex Lawrence was appointed Interim Chief Information Officer.
More on Boston Chron
- Master Magnetics Offers Neodymium Magnets for Sale
- Greasezilla® Experiences Demand Surge Amid Global Urgency to Mitigate Landfilling and Generate Renewable Energy Alternatives
- 80% of Those Satisfied with Software Quality Participate in Tool-based Code Review
- Three Ways Healthcare is Changing in 2022
- Boston-Based Higher Ed Technology Firm Names Admissions Veteran to Lead Fast-Growing Engineering School Practice
Latest on Boston Chron
- Mayor Wu Appoints Brandon Cardet-Hernandez to Boston School Committee
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces Tiffany Chu as Chief of Staff
- Riemer & Braunstein Adds Tax Credit and Community Development Finance Team
- Massive State of Unpreparedness for CCPA Compliance Exposed in Research from CYTRIO
- Boston: Caution Urged As Bitterly Cold Weather Arrives This Weekend
- Boston: Recipients of Grants for Green and Mobility Jobs Announced
- Boston: $50 Million Funding Commitment announced For Mildred C. Hailey Apartments
- Right now Unique Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram has the largest volume of inventory in the Burlington area!
- HushFrame Redefines Soundproofing for Multi-Family Development With Latest UL Fire Resistance Testing Success
- SafuCoin (SAFUCOIN) announces it will provide a critical missing part of the infrastructure for the crypto economy – a 'trust layer'
- New hire power hitters bring additional strategic depth to help USAM's clients
- Caraway Therapeutics Receives Third Research Grant from The Michael J. Fox Foundation to Continue Advancement of TRPML1 Agonists for GBA-Parkinson's Disease
- CyberSecurity Malaysia, EclecticIQ, and Syntx Sign MOU to Build Cyber Threat Intelligence Capabilities in the Region
- Dockers Shoes, Genesco Inc. selects Syndic8 as their data content delivery service provider.
- Boston: New Neighborhood Services Staff Announced
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces Recipients of Grants for Green and Mobility Jobs
- Nestlé Nescafé Deploys EcoStruxure™ Asset Advisor to Ensure Always-On Operational Resiliency and Efficiency at the World's Largest Soluble Coffee Facility
- Commercial Collection Bureau Partners with Leadferno for B2B Text Messaging and More
- Enigma, Tamr Partner to Help Companies Better Leverage Small Business Data
- SmartBear Names Maureen Plowman as New Vice President of Brand