- Paranormal Show, Mass Hauntings, Set to Premiere New Episode on Cafe Venice
- Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman Series Coming To FETV September 24th
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Versatile Pair of Skates (BEC-193)
Unoccupied since 2013, the Mt. Calvary / Shara Tfilo property is threatened by deferred maintenance and potential redevelopment. The purpose of this designation is to honor and preserve the history of spiritual, educational, and social services at the properties, as home to an Eastern European immigrant community for 50 years and to the Black community for the last half-century. The Mt. Calvary Holy Church congregation and other community members are working to develop plans for both immediate repairs and long-term renovations of the entire complex. It is hoped that landmark designation will increase funding opportunities for restoration and renovation of the buildings, courtyard, and adjacent garden space, to perpetuate their traditional uses of community-building, education, and public service.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Mayor Wu Extends Heat Emergency Through Tuesday, 16 BCYF Cooling Centers Continue to Be Open for All Residents
- YUPRO and OpenClassrooms Introduce U.S. Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship Program
- Boston: MAYOR WU APPOINTS OLIVER SELLERS-GARCIA AS BOSTON GREEN NEW DEAL DIRECTOR
- Triverus Consulting Welcomes Lisa Burgese Fry as Director of Business Development
- Gospel Charting Artist Jeremiah Nedu Is On The Rise With New Single "Your Mercy"
READ THE MT. CALVARY / SHARA TFILO STUDY REPORT
There are two ways to provide feedback on this potential landmark designation:
- Written feedback can be provided by visiting this link: feedback form.
- The study report will be discussed at a public hearing on August 23, 2022. Members of the public are invited to attend this hearing and provide comments there as well. Please look for the meeting notice in the public notices section of our website.
Latest on Boston Chron
- World's Most Successful Bike-a-thon, the Pan-Mass Challenge, Kicks Off 2022 Ride to Raise Record-Breaking $66 Million for Cancer Research
- HONK! Festival 2022: save the dates for this year's music festival of activist street bands
- Construction Begins on Comprehensive Sedation Dentistry Center in Frederick Maryland
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces 22nd Annual GospelFest Concert
- Boston: Mayor Wu Appoints Aliza Wasserman as Director of Food Justice
- Kinugawa Onsen Celebrates its 330th Anniversary AND Kawagoe City Celebrates its 100th Anniversary - Both with Fireworks!
- Netcapital Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter and Full-Year Fiscal 2022 Earnings Release Date and Conference Call
- VA Center of North County Hosts It's First Annual VANC Fest; an Art, Music and Culinary Experience
- Insulet to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- PF Flyers Announces First Philanthropic Partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston
- 10 Years in the Making: #LatinaGeeks Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Inaugural Inspirada Awards & Fundraising Gala
- Merrimack Reports Second Quarter 2022 Financial Results
- Intentsify Announces Record H1 2022 Growth
- 3i Solutions Announces New Leadership Brings a Customer-Focused Approach
- ZSuite Tech Secures $11 Million in Series A Round, Led by S3 Ventures
- Motif FoodWorks Appoints Michael Leonard as CEO
- Acushnet Holdings Corp. Announces Second Quarter 2022 Financial Results
- PureTech Health: Notice of Half-Yearly Results
- Climate Smart Buildings Initiative Positions Federal Government for Clean Energy Transformation Through Energy Savings Performance Contracts
- Help Wanted: Oakland-Based Children Rising Seeks Volunteers to Help Students Overcome COVID-Related Learning Loss