- Blackstone Griddle Black Friday & Cyber Monday (2023): Review of Latest Griddle Offers Reported by Deal Tomato
- Woburn Dentistry Provides Comprehensive Perio Procedures From One Convenient Location
- Away Travel Luggage Cyber Monday (2023): Round-up of Latest Offers Published by Deal Stripe
The City of Boston constructed the building as one of 12 municipally run bathhouses in response to a public health policy implemented in 1895. This policy sought to address the effects of industrialization, urbanization, and poverty by providing public access to bathing and recreational facilities. The bathhouse was situated in the heart of the North End section of Boston, adjacent to Polcari Park at 45 Prince St., which was established in 1897 as Prince Street Playground.
More on Boston Chron
- Mayor Wu Announces $1 Million in New Grant Funding to Support the Revitalization of Boston's Restaurant Industry
- Allotex Announces New Investor and Expansion of Production Facilities USA - English USA - English
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- GLCPS Sponsors Two Students to Attend Brown University Leadership Institute
- Vantiva Confirms its Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The bathhouse underwent minor renovations and maintenance in the 1940s due to community members' continual complaints about its poor conditions. However, it eventually fell into a state of neglect and was officially closed in the 1970s. In 1985, it was acquired by the Boston Centers for Youth & Families (BCYF) who reopened it as the Nazzaro Community Center.
Now, there is a potential landmark designation for this historic building. Written feedback can be provided through a feedback form on their website while there will also be a public hearing on June 27th 2023 where members of the public are invited to attend and provide comments there as well.
The Nazzaro Community Center stands as an important reminder of Boston's history and its potential landmark designation will ensure that this piece of history is preserved for generations to come.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Unveiling a Secluded Paradise: Beachfront Home on Dog Island, Carrabelle, Florida, Goes to Auction
- ASICS Teams Up with BlueConic for Enhanced Personalization and Data Privacy Compliance
- SalonInteractive Launches in Square App Marketplace to Provide eCommerce, Marketing & More to Beauty Professionals
- RacquetX Announces Miami Open Experience as Excitement Builds for Landmark 2024 Event
- Malta Closes Funding to Deploy Its Long-Duration Energy Storage System
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- IDC FutureScape: The Digital Business Era Has Arrived, Augmented by GenAI
- Mayor Wu Shares Boston's Winter Weather Preparations
- Labthink Introduces Cutting-Edge C406H: A Revolutionary Combination OTR and WVTR Tester
- You won't believe these amazing stories from our guest authors!
- St. Joseph's/Candler Fast Tracks Implementation of MEDITECH Expanse Ambulatory Across 100+ Providers
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of USD-Denominated Senior Notes
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- City of Boston Celebrates Grand Opening of 250 Centre Street
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- TKO Miller Advises Visu-Sewer on its Partnership With Fort Point Capital
- Vicinity Energy Steams Ahead to Sustainable Future with Arrival of 42MW Electric Boiler in Cambridge, Mass.
- Investing in Boston's Adult Learners: Adult Literacy Initiative