CHADD offers an informative introduction to the condition if you are curious to learn more. We encourage those not previously diagnosed to seek an official clinical diagnosis through your doctor's office or a licensed mental health professional.
This month we wanted to highlight some helpful links and resources for adults and children that can help with day-to-day life with ADHD, particularly in light of ongoing isolation and the challenges of remote learning due to COVID-19:
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Mayor Walsh announces COVID-19 testing pledge
- ILoveLeasing.com® Spherexx CRM Gains Twenty-Four Companies in 2020
- Quanterix Corporation to Release Third Quarter 2020 Financial Results on November 5, 2020
- Ace Comic Con Announces Limited Edition Exclusives Of The Boys #1 Comics From Dynamite Entertainment
- Want to Buy Website Traffic? Here's What You Should Know
- CHADD has its own page for ADHD awareness month, which will be updated regularly over the month with tools, links to support, videos, and more. It also highlights the condition in the context of COVID-19.
- ADHDawarenessmonth.org also celebrates ADHD awareness month with tips, art, stories, activities, and more.
- The Child Mind Institute offers an informative article on strategies for helping engage children with ADHD in their schoolwork, focusing on alternating activities, use of positive attention, and structuring.
- This article from Healthychildren.org discusses empathetic strategies to approach children who struggle with ADHD in the time of COVID-19 and remote learning.
- ADDitude has an article geared towards adults that discusses how the pandemic can trigger trauma responses in the ADHD mind, and strategies for coping with those responses.
- This page from reviewed.com highlights 10 apps for computers and phones that can help block distracting applications, such as social media access or games, in order to help focus concentration. Useful for parents and adults alike!
As always, reach out to us at the Employee Assistance Program for more information and resources as needed. Have a safe October.
More on Boston Chron
- Richmond, VA-Based Digital Forensic Firm Launches Remote Mobile Forensic Data Acquisition
- CEO Coaching International Sees Record Attendance at Make Big Happen® Connections Virtual Forum
- Great Grandma Invents a New Concept in Bridges
- Boston: Five fun things that happened at our fall Drive-in Movie Series
- Boston: Getting what you pay for with oil, and not a penny less
Latest on Boston Chron
- Life and Times of Alex Esguerra, Now Officially on Paperback
- Companies Can Flip the Odds of Success in Digital Transformations from 30% to 80%
- Scholar Rock Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock and Prefunded Warrants
- New England Peptide Receives Massachusetts Manufacturer of the Year Award
- Haddonfield NJ Zoning Board Approves Real Estate Office Lounge in Retail Zone on Kings Highway
- Intern Pursuit Receives Investment From The 5th Floor Avalon Innovation Center Fund
- JUSTLAW tackles systemic access to justice problem
- Meet the Controversial Artist Making a Difference in Up-State New York
- Boston Insurance Brokerage has Announced an Expansion of its Specialty Offerings to Include Programs & Compliance
- OABA to Joe Biden: Stereotypes Have No Place in Your Campaign
- 20 immigrant-serving organizations awarded mini-grants for We Are Boston 2020
- Dolby Atmos Now Available for Wohler's iAM-12G-SDI
- Massachusetts: Governor Baker Nominates Justice Kimberly Budd to Become Chief Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court
- Kevin Hrusovsky to Speak at Precision Medicine Leaders Summit's Precision Oncology Conference
- Boston: Message from Commissioner McCosh: What's happening going Into the election and holiday season
- DALBAR Recognizes Firms with Top Mobile Retirement Plan Enrollment Experiences
- Catch brings integrated health insurance enrollment into the full suite of portable beneﬁts
- Local "We Buy Houses" Company Details how Covid-19 is Affecting the Housing Market in NC
- Boston: $17.2 million renovation of the Roxbury library branch completed
- YouthBuild Launches Global Rebrand