The steeple was too damaged to be repaired. Instead, Charles Bullfinch designed a replacement steeple that was completed in 1806.
Bullfinch's replacement steeple also fell victim to high winds. In 1954, Hurricane Carol blew the steeple directly into the middle of Hull Street. The current steeple, pictured here in 1975, was designed using elements from the church's original steeple and the 1806 Bullfinch Steeple.
More on Boston Chron
- blumshapiro Merges with SunBlock Systems, Security, Intelligence & Investigation Consultants
- Boston: What is the federal census?
- Lucd Partners with AI Satellitez to improve customer experience for model creation in the Enterprise
- SFA Therapeutics, Inc. To Present At Bio Investors Forum
- Braeden Lichti: Investing in Anti-Aging and Rejuvenation Biotechnology
To learn more about the steeple, check out the "A Tale of Three Steeples" blog post from the Old North Church.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Boston: Launch of fund to support childcare entrepreneurs
- La Marketplace B2B de Trace One pour booster les ventes et l'innovation dans l'univers du retail et des PGC
- Woolrior Announces Merino Environmentally Friendly Socks
- Groundbreaking of new East Boston Police Station, District A-7
- Lucd.ai Named "Cool Vendor" by Gartner
- S4 Inc. awarded opportunity to support US Senate with IT services
- ESAI Energy Details the Growing LNG Surplus
- The FMD Group Appoints New President - Mike Waters Joins The FMD Group
- Lantek to present six educational sessions at FABTECH 2019
- MuirWoods Memory Care, Petaluma's Comeback Kid
- Fitt Adds New Funding, Strategic Investor in MINDBODY
- Boston: Celebrate Halloween 2019 with BCYF
- Tidewater area restaurant The Dirty Buffalo announces Grand Opening for Virginia Beach location
- Headstorm Extends Senior Leadership Team and Opens Pittsburgh Office
- ACEINNA Selects ZAT Group for European Sales and Marketing Support
- ITSMA 2019 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- S-cubed launch the A3 Community MDR
- Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Launches With The Goals To Empower The Creative Spirit And Celebrate All
- Refereum Partners With Leading Digital Marketplace OpenSea
- Menke to present at the 2019 ESOP Association Hawaii Chapter Annual Conference October 17