- Blackstone Griddle Black Friday & Cyber Monday (2023): Review of Latest Griddle Offers Reported by Deal Tomato
- Woburn Dentistry Provides Comprehensive Perio Procedures From One Convenient Location
- Away Travel Luggage Cyber Monday (2023): Round-up of Latest Offers Published by Deal Stripe
Dr. Bisola Ojikutu, Commissioner of Public Health and Executive Director of BPHC said: "Getting your annual flu shot should be at the top of your fall to-do list because vaccination is the best way to decrease the risk of severe illness and hospitalization from the flu especially if you are older, very young, pregnant, or have a weakened immune system. If you are at higher risk and develop flu symptoms, reach out to your health care provider. Treatment may be available."
Flu vaccines are widely available throughout Boston and are often covered by insurance including MassHealth. Residents can visit their local pharmacy or community health center for a vaccine or contact their primary health care provider to set up an appointment. BPHC is also offering free Flu vaccines at two locations: The Bruce C. Bolling Building in Roxbury and City Hall in Boston. Walk-ins are welcome at both locations with no appointments or proof of insurance needed; The Bruce C. Bolling Building is open Thursdays - Saturdays from 12 pm - 6 pm while City Hall is open Mondays from 7 am - 1 pm and Wednesdays from 12 pm - 5 pm. Additionally, residents can find other local flu and COVID-19 vaccination sites by using the CDC's vaccine finder tool.
More on Boston Chron
- Mayor Wu Announces $1 Million in New Grant Funding to Support the Revitalization of Boston's Restaurant Industry
- Allotex Announces New Investor and Expansion of Production Facilities USA - English USA - English
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- GLCPS Sponsors Two Students to Attend Brown University Leadership Institute
- Vantiva Confirms its Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
For those without health insurance or who face co-pays as a barrier to getting vaccinated, they can call the Mayor's Health Line at 617-534-5050 for assistance with transportation services to vaccine sites as well as information on free vaccines available through BPHC clinics.
The Bruce C. Bolling Building and City Hall will also soon have updated COVID-19 vaccines available for everyone ages 6 months and older to protect against new variants of the virus; most health insurances including MassHealth will cover its cost but people can contact their provider with any questions or call the Mayor's Health Line for more information on availability of these vaccines within coming weeks.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Unveiling a Secluded Paradise: Beachfront Home on Dog Island, Carrabelle, Florida, Goes to Auction
- ASICS Teams Up with BlueConic for Enhanced Personalization and Data Privacy Compliance
- SalonInteractive Launches in Square App Marketplace to Provide eCommerce, Marketing & More to Beauty Professionals
- RacquetX Announces Miami Open Experience as Excitement Builds for Landmark 2024 Event
- Malta Closes Funding to Deploy Its Long-Duration Energy Storage System
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- IDC FutureScape: The Digital Business Era Has Arrived, Augmented by GenAI
- Mayor Wu Shares Boston's Winter Weather Preparations
- Labthink Introduces Cutting-Edge C406H: A Revolutionary Combination OTR and WVTR Tester
- You won't believe these amazing stories from our guest authors!
- St. Joseph's/Candler Fast Tracks Implementation of MEDITECH Expanse Ambulatory Across 100+ Providers
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of USD-Denominated Senior Notes
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- City of Boston Celebrates Grand Opening of 250 Centre Street
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- TKO Miller Advises Visu-Sewer on its Partnership With Fort Point Capital
- Vicinity Energy Steams Ahead to Sustainable Future with Arrival of 42MW Electric Boiler in Cambridge, Mass.
- Investing in Boston's Adult Learners: Adult Literacy Initiative