- Allotex Announces New Investor and Expansion of Production Facilities USA - English USA - English
- "Street Fighter™ 6" Panel Announced for December 2nd at Los Angeles Comic Con; The Music of Street Fighter 6: A Special Look at the Video Game
- Boston: Community Meeting #2: Design Options for new Dorchester Center 12/13/23
Mayor Michelle Wu expressed her support for the grant, saying, "Health and safety is the bedrock of thriving communities. These investments will empower community health centers across the City to continue connecting residents with the care and services that they need right in their neighborhoods."
The grantees include Boston Medical Center, Greater Roslindale Medical Dental Center, Dorchester House Health, Charles River Community Health Center, Harbor Health Geiger Gibson Community Health Center and Daniel Driscoll – Neponset Health Center, Harvard Street Neighborhood Health Center, Uphams Corner Community Health Center, and Whittier Street Health Center. Each recipient was chosen because they actively work to improve access to prevention, intervention, and response strategies that reduce health inequities through the services they provide within their respective communities.
More on Boston Chron
- GULF OIL AND BOSTON CELTICS ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
- ASI Acquires Clowder®, the Leading Association and Membership Mobile App Platform
- Blue Wireless Partners with Connectbase to Bring Global Fixed Wireless Access to the Connectivity Market USA - English USA - English
- Greg Lindberg Explores in Latest Book the Science of Quantum Biology and Its Impact on Human Life
- Steeped in Tradition: USAA Kicks Off 124th Army-Navy Game Celebrations in a Massive Way, Honoring 250th Anniversary of the Boston Tea Party
Dr. Bisola Ojikutu, Commissioner of Public Health and Executive Director of the Boston Public Health Commission said: "Community health centers are a key ally in our mission to improve health equity across Boston. Expanding the services and capacity of our community health center partners is paramount as we continue to work towards an equitable recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic."
The grant utilizes funding made available by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) which will be used for interventions such as community health workers, patient navigators, and programming to improve access to COVID-19 vaccination, testing, and treatment.
Dr. Cyril Ubiem from Harvard Street Neighborhood Health Center said: "As we continue to engage our patients it's crucial to strengthen the service and resources offered to our patient population. The COVID-19 Community Health Equity Response grant is essential to ensure sustainable and ongoing services."
More on Boston Chron
- Putnam Investments Announces 19(a) Notices for Closed-End Funds
- InventHelp Inventor Develops New Tool Belt for Cedar Shingles & Cedar Shingling Tools (BKC-128)
- Essential Speech and ABA Therapy to Expand Autism Services for a Growing Community
- Local Advocacy Organization, Keep Boston Goat Free, Celebrates Goat Ban in City of Boston
- Alnylam to Webcast Virtual R&D Day
Michelle Nadow from DotHouse Health added: "We are honored to continue our longstanding partnership with the City and Commission in supporting the health and well-being of all City's residents." Courtney Urick from Greater Roslindale Medical & Dental Center also expressed her gratitude for this investment: "We are grateful for this support in advancing our shared goal of health equity."
The grantees will work with BPHC's Director of Equitable & Strategic Initiatives Bureau of Infectious Disease & Office of Public Health Preparedness on developing coordinated approaches & response models that reduce healthcare inequities experienced by communities of color & other historically marginalized groups.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Shields Health Solutions Awards Two Resident Research Grants to Advance Health System Specialty Pharmacy
- Founder Brings Inaugural Event To Braselton Georgia At Legendary Resort and Winery
- Projections Show HIV Global Markets for Diagnostics and Therapeutics to Hit $39.3 Billion by 2028, BCC Research Reveals
- HBCUs Among Groups Heading to The Bahamas for Track & Field Competition in March 2024
- Noble World Foundation Proposes UN Security Council Reform to Foster Global Peace
- Massachusetts: Governor Healey and Other Leaders of the Reproductive Freedom Alliance Urge Federal Government to Require Health Plan Coverage for All Contraception
- India Fest 2024 on Jan 27, 2024 at KY Expo Center
- Boston: Latest Updates from the Mayor's Office of Housing: December 1, 2023
- Massachusetts: Press Statement Governor Healey, Secretary Santiago Issue Statement on Passing of Staff Sgt. Jacob Galliher
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Adds the Hampton Inn - Columbia, MO to Growing Portfolio
- Boston: Inaugural Community Health Equity Empowerment (CHEE) Fund Recipients Announced
- BofA Report Shows Fewer Prospective Homebuyers Willing to Wait for a Better Market Environment
- REA 'Peace of Mind on the Move' Study achieves Highly Commended recognition in the category Excellence in Coaching by ABP November 2023
- Revolutionizing FEC Chain Stores with Our Cutting-Edge Ordering& Warehousing System
- Boston: Barbados Celebrates 57 Years
- Boston: Honoring National Survivors of Homicide Awareness Month
- State Street to Further Consolidate Operating Model in India
- Media Personality Cyrus Webb celebrates 20 years and over 12,000 guests on Conversations LIVE radio show
- Revolutionizing Interaction: Surface Computing's $257.0 Billion Journey by 2028 - Insights from BCC Research
- Panovolo for macOS is now available