- Telco Systems and albis-elcon Partner to Boost Rollout of Service Virtualization on Telecommunications Networks USA - English USA - English
- JetQuay Launches Private Swab Test Facility, Halves Custom Clearance Timing
- OS-Independent, License-Free On-Chip SAE J1939 Protocol Stack for Embedded, Linux, and Windows Systems
We have been spending more time than ever before at home due to COVID-19, and our living spaces often reflect how we are feeling. The effects of spring cleaning, especially after a winter spent mostly in our homes indoors, cannot be overstated. A clean, organized home environment has a strong impact on mental health and feelings of comfort in the home. Reorganizing a cluttered closet, cleaning the sink and shower, scrubbing the top of the stove, all chores that, when completed at once, can significantly reduce your baseline stress and even reduce symptoms of depression. We have linked some articles below with tips and information on effective spring cleaning:
- We found a blog post about why spring cleaning your home can be good for your mental health during COVID-19, and offers several helpful tips and strategies.
- We also found a blog post that provides some tips around effective spring cleaning, and how organization and home care can positively affect your state of mind.
- Safer America has an excellent blog post covering more tips for spring cleaning.
- The Mass.gov blog covers this topic as well, highlighting eco-friendly ways to improve your home and garden.
In addition, the warmer weather can lead to more opportunity to be outside and gather in safe numbers to enjoy fresh air and sunshine. Vitamin D and exercise have marked physical effects on the body and mind. It can be a good opportunity to visit one of your local parks, such as the Boston Common, the Franklin Park Zoo, or the Arnold Arboretum. If it is difficult to make it outside regularly, but you are still looking for structured exercise, the Boston Parks and Recreation Department offers many regular virtual fitness courses.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Demolition Delay Application: 3474-3476 Washington Street, Jamaica Plain
- Boston: Demolition Delay Application: 2-4 King Street, Dorchester
- Marion Bauer's Sonata, Op.22 – transcribed for Alto Saxophone
- HarborOne Bancorp, Inc. Announces Share Repurchase Program
- Fandangos & the New World: Concert and Conversation
We also recommend considering an outdoor volunteer activity such as the Great Massachusetts Cleanup, a project which helps clean both major parks and local neighborhoods and outdoor spaces. Other outdoor opportunities include the Boston Nature Center, and Boston Cares. Any of these options can help you feel more connected to your community after a year of isolation, and will also keep you exercising in the sun.
From all of us at the Employee Assistance Program, have a safe and healthy April.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Dynatrace named a Leader in 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring
- Dynatrace Receives Highest Scores Across 4 of 5 Use Cases in 2021 Gartner Critical Capabilities for Application Performance Monitoring Report
- TribalVision Welcomes Equity Partner Rahul Bansal to its Leadership Team
- Riverside Partners' Managed IT and Cybersecurity Service Platform Completes Merger with ASK to Expand Market Leadership to the Midwest
- Iron Mountain Signs Leases for Six Megawatts with Fortune 100 Technology Customer at AZP-2 Data Center in Phoenix
- West Coast Customs icon launches "CarCoin" NFT, giving away an original WCC designed vehicle to celebrate
- imc Test & Measurement Joins Battery Ventures' Test and Measurement Platform
- A Free Lesson for World Tai Chi Day! Hosted by Oom Yung Doe
- Residents invited to honor One Boston Day
- Brightcove Announces Date of First Quarter Fiscal Year 2021 Conference Call and Webcast
- PEI Selected Three-Time Top Microsoft Gold Partner in the U.S
- New Book "Educating Marston" Provides Hope for Anyone Struggling to Find Answers Raising a Child with Autism
- The Miguel Wilson Collection celebrates the grand opening of its New York City location
- Avidia Bank Announces Partnership with KyckGlobal For Next-Generation Treasury Management Products
- SmartBear Expands Support of Codeless, Automated Testing for Mobile and ERP Applications
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- Pickle's new robot works with people to get your online orders delivered sooner.
- 4AIR Announces #FORTHEAIR, Aerial Photograph Appreciation Contest During the Month of April to Celebrate Earth Day
- New AI Analysis Pinpoints COVID-19 Mortality Risk in Medicare Population