- Bicycle Sunshade Expands Product Line with Two New Colors
- ShopCHARLI.com Launches Online Store With a Hot New Spring Collection that Doesn't Miss
- Congressman Mark Alford endorsed by Veterans for Trump on his 2024 re-election
"We are in a much better place than we were a year ago," said Dr. Bisola Ojikutu, Commissioner of Public Health and Executive Director of the Boston Public Health Commission. "But when you gather in large groups indoors there is always an increased risk of transmitting and acquiring respiratory infections, including COVID-19. My advice to everybody is to stay home if you are sick and get boosted if you have not done so yet."
More on Boston Chron
- Worldwide UC&C Market Grows Despite Economic and Geopolitical Headwinds in 2022, According to IDC Tracker
- CSC Motorcycles Announces New Twin Cylinder 650cc Sport Touring Model
- GLCPS Opens First Thinkabit Lab on the East Coast in new Joan and Irwin Jacobs Center
- Cargill joins Selerant on stage at American Food Innovate 2023
- The In-N-Out Burger Financial Planning Story
The latest data from Boston's wastewater surveillance program shows that new COVID-19 cases have decreased 10% over the past 7 days and by 34% over the past 14 days. New COVID-19 related hospitalizations have stabilized over the past week (1% increase) but have decreased by 34% over the past two weeks. The citywide average for RNA copies/mL has also decreased by 46% over the past 14 days with nine out of 11 neighborhoods surveyed below this average.
BPHC recommends that those at high risk for severe infection wear a mask indoors to increase their protection against respiratory viruses as well as testing for COVID-19 prior to gathering and staying home if they are sick or test positive. Free rapid test kits are available at BPHC standing sites listed on boston.gov/covid19. Vaccines and boosters are also free and widely available at these sites with a $75 gift card incentive for those who receive them before March 31st.
In conclusion, BPHC encourages residents to take precautions this St Patrick's Day weekend in order to reduce their risk of contracting or transmitting respiratory illnesses such as COVID-19.
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on Boston Chron
- Neighborhood Parcel Launches Comprehensive Apostille Services in Boston, MA
- Investa Financial Planning Launches in Bay Area by Founder Andrew Kessler, CFP®, MBA
- Start new spring crochet projects—Now!
- Cognito Therapeutics Raises $73M Series B to Advance Neurotechnology Platform for Alzheimer's Disease
- Dewpoint Therapeutics partners with Novo Nordisk to explore the field of biomolecular condensates to treat insulin resistance and diabetes progression
- Eddie Turner is Recognized as the #9 Motivational Speaker in the World By Global Gurus!
- Hadassah Selects YonaLink's EHR-to-EDC Clinical Trial Platform to Securely and Seamlessly Integrate Clinical Care and Research Data
- MyPaperShredding.com Launches New Residential Shredding Service In Andover MA
- The Ultimate Medical and Residential Document Shredding Service In Boston MA
- RE/MAX Signature Earns Top Regional Award
- Aortix Pump Therapy Leads to Rapid Decongestion and Improved Kidney Function in Hospitalized Patients with Heart Failure and Worsening Renal Function
- UMF|PerfectCLEAN Names Marie Ferguson of Element Orlando Universal Blvd as National Guest Room Attendant Excellence Award Recipient
- Wohler releases out-of-band configuration tools for Riedel 2110 SFP's
- Mayor Wu, Boston Public Schools Announce Steps to Increase Availability and Variety of Preschool Seats for Boston Families
- Levinger Regens Announces New Initiative to Improve Hydrogen Carbon Intensity
- Eve Wellness, a SF Breast Ultrasound Screening Clinic supports the recent FDA updates to the guidelines to inform women about breast density
- Our recent travels included amazing flowers!
- Boston: Mayor Wu, Senator Markey, Congressman Lynch Announce Federal Funding to Renovate Public Housing in North End
- Expert tip: Private Jet Engine Maintenance Program - Pros and Cons for Preowned Jet Buyers
- Gaming and entertainment company Spinrack Corporation, appoints Jesse Norton as Chief Marketing Officer