- Posh AI Welcomes Former NCUA Chairman Rodney E. Hood to Board of Directors
- Boston's Urban Tree Data Now Available Through Analyze Boston
- ENTOUCH Awarded Prestigious Recognition in Inc. Regionals Southwest 2024
The Mary Eliza Project has taken on the task of transcribing these valuable handwritten records into an easily searchable and sortable dataset. Recently, they have finished transcribing the Ward 16 registers and added them to their dataset.
Ward 16 covered a large part of Boston's Roxbury neighborhood in 1920 and ran from Blue Hill Avenue to Walnut and Washington Streets. Over 200 of Ward 16's new voters had birthplaces located in present-day Eastern Europe, pointing to the thriving Jewish community in Roxbury at the time. Congregation Adath Jeshurun on Blue Hill Avenue was a popular synagogue for this community and attracted many new families and individuals to the area.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Ribbon-cutting Ceremony Celebrates Menstrual Product Availability in City Hall
- Mayor Michelle Wu announces five year contract ratified by Boston Police Detectives Benevolent Society, codifying key reforms, fair compensation and advancing transparency
- Angel Beck Honored as Featured Agent in "Best of Real Estate Magazine"
- Training Industry Recognizes RAIN Group on 2024 Top 20 Sales Training and Enablement Companies List
- J & Z Unveils Naveen: The Next Generation Virtual Human Skincare Expert
Annie Stone was one of Ward 16's new voters who made history as Boston's oldest woman voter at 102 years old! She registered to vote two days after the Nineteenth Amendment was ratified and even made a special hat for the occasion when she cast her ballot for Calvin Coolidge. The Boston Globe sent a reporter to interview her about her plans for voting in her first federal election and found that she had been keeping up with political news every morning despite her failing eyesight.
Annie Stone's story is only one of many that can be found in this new addition to the Mary Eliza Project dataset. With this data now available online, anyone can explore these records and uncover more stories like Annie Stone's that are hidden within them.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Entegris Completes the Sale of the Pipeline and Industrial Materials (PIM) Business to SCF Partners
- Weiss Asset Management is Unrelated to Weiss Multi-Strategy Advisers LLC
- Vintage Arms Inc. Opens Its Doors as Yonkers' Premier Firearms Destination and Training Facility
- Survivor breaks silence after 50 years
- The newest installment in an early middle grade series about a weird town with silly goings-on will delight young readers
- Have Luxury Watches Lost Their Shine? Market Analysis for 2024
- Rio Rancho Dentist Treats Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Snoring, with Oral Appliance Therapy
- Distribution Dates and Amounts Announced for Eaton Vance Closed-End Funds
- Hannah's Journal to Be Happy: New Book Reminds Us of the Many Ways We Can Find "Happy"
- TownePlace Suites Geneva at SPIRE Academy Opens
- Tobu Railway Makes Japan's First Demonstration Experiment Using Biofuel in a Steam Locomotive
- Boston: March is Women's History Month
- Massachusetts: Governor Healey Files Mass Leads Act to Grow Economy, Support Businesses, Attract Talent
- Massachusetts: Press Statement Governor Healey Applauds CVS and Walgreens for Expanding Access to Mifepristone
- Tri-Continental Corporation Declares First Quarter Distribution
- Introducing Flumlite SNUGG: Redefining Vaping Comfort and Style
- Sarepta Therapeutics Announces Inducement Grants Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)
- CNN and Fortune cite Wharton Wealth Planning market advice
- Boston: Mayor Michelle Wu Announces Expansion of Swim Safe Program with New Funding for Free Swim Lessons
- NFS Leasing, Inc. Sets Company Record for Year-Over-Year Originations in 2023, Increasing Vendor Partner NBV by 250%