- Empirix Helps CEHE Confidently Migrate to Five9 Cloud-Based Contact Center Software USA - English USA - English
- Quanterix to Participate in PMWC 2021 COVID-19 Conference
- Phio Pharmaceuticals Announces $14.0 Million Private Placement Priced At-the-Market
"We are pleased to reopen Thetford Evans Playground for the Mattapan community as part of our citywide plan to provide residents of all ages with quality green and play spaces," said Mayor Walsh. "In Boston, we are committed to ensuring that all residents enjoy quality open space. As we continue to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, parks and green spaces continue to play a vital role for our residents' physical and mental health."
The $625,000 project budget was funded by Mayor Walsh's Capital Improvement Plan. Thetford Evans is one of several parks recently reopened within current health guidelines in Dorchester, Hyde Park, Mattapan, and South Boston.
Reflective of the input from the community, the new design re-imagines the space and re-orients the play features. The large, centrally located paved area has been split into two areas in harmony with the landscape. Additionally, there is an upgraded water play area that can also be used for events and markets. A second gathering area features an ADA-compatible community table picnic area.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Mayor Walsh announces COVID-19 testing site at Strand Theatre in Upham's Corner
- Forbes Names Ameresco Number Six on the 2021 America's Best Mid-Sized Companies List
- International Powersports Manufacturer BRP Names PSXDigital as Preferred CRM Vendor
- DipJar Announces New Website Launch and Partnership with Imagebox Productions, Inc.
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Announces Vaccine Appointment Booking for Individuals 75+
The older and younger children's play structures have been replaced with new state-of-the-art equipment, including a climbing net. The design also replaced three bays of swings with two belt swings, two toddler bucket swings, and a basket rope seat swing that allows multiple children to swing together. Additional improvements include fencing repairs as well as repairing and repainting the wall that separates the playground from the courts.
Since 2014, the Walsh administration has invested more than $115 million across the city's parks systems, representing some of the most significant parks investments in Boston's history. The Fiscal Year 2021-2025 (FY21-FY25) Capital Plan includes enhanced support to maintain the City's Urban Wilds and Tree Canopy, increases in funding to plant and maintain trees across the city, and over $36 million for new and ongoing open space projects in Fiscal Year 2021.
For current social distancing guidelines in City of Boston parks, please visit our COVID-19 website.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Asseco Business Solutions is Positioned as the Technology Leader in the 2020 SPARK Matrix for Retail Execution Platform
- H.I.G. Growth Partners Invests in Sitetracker
- Strategy Analytics: True Wireless Stereo Headset Sales Surge 90% in 2020 as Chinese Vendors Surge
- The Coca-Cola Foundation awards grant to New England College of Optometry that will fund a diversity and inclusion scholarship
- State Street Global Advisors Announces Changes to SPDR ETF Lineup
- Massachusetts: Governor Baker Delivers 2021 State of the Commonwealth Address
- Beyond Social Responsibility: Black-led Venture Funds Generate Outsized Returns, Help Close Racial Wealth Gap
- Brazil's ANVISA Grants Novel Food Approval for NEM® brand eggshell membrane
- PerkinElmer Launches Industry-First GPCR TR-FRET Binding Assay and Beta-Arrestin Kits to Help Advance Therapeutics Discovery
- Boston: Demolition Delay Application: 63 Oriole Street, West Roxbury
- CreditSnap, a next generation FinTech startup, announces strategic seed investment from multi-lender finance platform Tresl, its earliest adopter
- MNA Nurses at Baystate Noble Hospital and Baystate Home Health Seeking Fair Contracts that Value Patient Safety and RN Care During COVID-19 to Hold a Lighted Sign Protest in Springfield on Wednesday, January 27
- State Street and Los Angeles County Employees Retirement Association Announce Expanded Service Agreement
- Qué es el Marketing Science y por qué es indispensable considerarlo en el 2021
- Boston: Zoning Board of Appeal project tracker now available online
- Mayor Walsh announces updates on Boston's reopening plan
- Slaine - The Things We Can't Forgive (Album)
- Digital innovation is unlocking new pharmaceutical and chemical research horizons, according to MIT Technology Review Insights
- Aesthetic Mentor Hosts Free Webinar "Becoming an Aesthetic Nurse in 2021"
- Nucleus Research Releases Q1 2021 Equity Snapshot for ADP