- Bicycle Sunshade Expands Product Line with Two New Colors
- ShopCHARLI.com Launches Online Store With a Hot New Spring Collection that Doesn't Miss
- Massachusetts: Governor Healey and Lieutenant Governor Driscoll Name Quentin Palfrey as Director of Federal Funds and Infrastructure
Mayor Wu expressed her appreciation for the volunteers who make this event possible. "Becoming a U.S. citizen is an important milestone for many immigrants, but it can be a complicated and expensive process," she said. "Citizenship Day helps eliminate one of those barriers."
The process of becoming a U.S. citizen can cost thousands in legal fees, but on Citizenship Day in Boston, hundreds of community volunteers, law students, and pro bono attorneys are available to help applicants fill out their applications free of charge. Applicants must still pay the USCIS application fee; however, those who are low-income may qualify for a fee waiver. Interpretation services are also available for those who need it.
More on Boston Chron
- Worldwide UC&C Market Grows Despite Economic and Geopolitical Headwinds in 2022, According to IDC Tracker
- CSC Motorcycles Announces New Twin Cylinder 650cc Sport Touring Model
- GLCPS Opens First Thinkabit Lab on the East Coast in new Joan and Irwin Jacobs Center
- Cargill joins Selerant on stage at American Food Innovate 2023
- The In-N-Out Burger Financial Planning Story
Monique Tú Nguyen, Executive Director of MOIA, believes that becoming a citizen creates more opportunity not only for the individual but also for the places where new citizens live and work. "Reaching this milestone empowers people to become more active and further contribute to this City," she said.
Mitra Shavarini, Executive Director of Project Citizenship added that citizenship allows people to participate in our democracy and be civically engaged. "By providing free legal help," she said, "we make sure citizenship isn't just for people who can afford it."
Since 2014, the City of Boston has partnered with nonprofit Project Citizenship to host this event which has served over 2,600 people to date - making it the largest citizenship workshop in New England.
Filed Under: Government, City
Latest on Boston Chron
- Neighborhood Parcel Launches Comprehensive Apostille Services in Boston, MA
- Investa Financial Planning Launches in Bay Area by Founder Andrew Kessler, CFP®, MBA
- Start new spring crochet projects—Now!
- Cognito Therapeutics Raises $73M Series B to Advance Neurotechnology Platform for Alzheimer's Disease
- Dewpoint Therapeutics partners with Novo Nordisk to explore the field of biomolecular condensates to treat insulin resistance and diabetes progression
- Eddie Turner is Recognized as the #9 Motivational Speaker in the World By Global Gurus!
- Hadassah Selects YonaLink's EHR-to-EDC Clinical Trial Platform to Securely and Seamlessly Integrate Clinical Care and Research Data
- MyPaperShredding.com Launches New Residential Shredding Service In Andover MA
- The Ultimate Medical and Residential Document Shredding Service In Boston MA
- RE/MAX Signature Earns Top Regional Award
- Aortix Pump Therapy Leads to Rapid Decongestion and Improved Kidney Function in Hospitalized Patients with Heart Failure and Worsening Renal Function
- UMF|PerfectCLEAN Names Marie Ferguson of Element Orlando Universal Blvd as National Guest Room Attendant Excellence Award Recipient
- Wohler releases out-of-band configuration tools for Riedel 2110 SFP's
- Mayor Wu, Boston Public Schools Announce Steps to Increase Availability and Variety of Preschool Seats for Boston Families
- Levinger Regens Announces New Initiative to Improve Hydrogen Carbon Intensity
- Eve Wellness, a SF Breast Ultrasound Screening Clinic supports the recent FDA updates to the guidelines to inform women about breast density
- Our recent travels included amazing flowers!
- Boston: Mayor Wu, Senator Markey, Congressman Lynch Announce Federal Funding to Renovate Public Housing in North End
- Expert tip: Private Jet Engine Maintenance Program - Pros and Cons for Preowned Jet Buyers
- Gaming and entertainment company Spinrack Corporation, appoints Jesse Norton as Chief Marketing Officer