The report includes updates on the status and implementation of the City of Boston's climate action plans including:
- The 2019 Climate Action Plan Update, including our annual greenhouse gas emissions inventory report,
- Climate Ready Boston and neighborhood-specific coastal resilience plans,
- Zero Waste Boston; and
- Greenovate Boston, the City's initiative to empower residents to act on climate.
This report is the first of what we expect to be annual reports to update you, our partners and stakeholders, on progress towards our climate objectives. View the full report.
We are committed to achieving Mayor Walsh's goal of carbon neutrality by 2050 and working towards a climate-ready and zero-waste Boston. Keep an eye out for some of our latest climate action developments:
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Mayor Walsh announces good neighbors program fulfills more than 4,500 requests
- Tegra Medical Announces Expansion in Europe and Asia
- Marc Ganzi, CEO of Colony Capital, Announced as a Keynote at The Connected Virtual Tech Event November 16th 2020
- QLSM is 5 Years of Therapy In Just 3 Hours Science Backed
- Ginkgo Bioworks Secures Access to SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test With Goal of Acquiring and Distributing Up To 50 Million Tests
- Received $30 million in funding for new zero-emission and accessible affordable housing announced in August 2020.
- Approved by the Department of Public Utilities to proceed with the Community Choice Electricity program.
- Launched the technical analysis and public process to develop a building emissions performance standard. Join the open house next Monday!
- MassCEC awarded E4theFuture (lead), the City and other partners a grant for an income-tiered Electric Vehicle car share pilot in Roxbury.
- Awarded a Massachusetts Municipal Vulnerability Program (MVP) grant for a heat resilience planning study.
- Plastic bag requirements set to resume on October 1, 2020.
As part of our work to make Boston's plans inclusive and accessible, we have created interactive summaries of Boston's 2019 Climate Action Plan Update. The summary is available in Boston's six major languages - English, Spanish, Haitian Creole, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, and Portuguese for Cape Verdean Creole speakers. Please contact our office to request any additional languages.
More on Boston Chron
- HiFiBiO Therapeutics Completes First Cohort of a Phase I Study of its SARS-CoV-2 Neutralizing Antibody for the Treatment and Prevention of COVID-19
- Peter Schiff's Bank Service to Criminals as Per the Tax Probe Triggers Sizzling Reactions at OffshoreCorpTalk.com
- Families Own and Manage Majority of Businesses Worldwide, According to New Family Entrepreneurship Data
- Strategy Analytics: Premium Models Will Capture 80 Percent of All Smartphone Revenues in Western Europe in 2021
- BCG and Microsoft Collaborate to Launch BCG's Catalyst Cloud Solution on Azure, a New Scalable and Extensible Data Platform for the Bionic Corporation
More information on Boston's climate action.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Eaton Vance Senior Income Trust Annual Meeting Of Shareholders On November 12, 2020 Will Be A Virtual Meeting
- TomCat Films ignites the fireplace video category with 'My Fireplace Girl' series of DVDs and Streaming Videos
- Metropolitan Opera Singer Releases Pop Music Videos From Quarantine
- Hurricane Epsilon Marks 10th Hurricane of the 2020 Hurricane Season
- "W1SH RIBBON" Emblazons TOKYO SKYTREE'S Tembo Deck! TOKYO SKYTREE is Opening the Door to the Future So That W1SHES Can Come True!
- Pierre Gervois Awarded Prestigious George Stoney Social Impact Award for his TV show The Face of America
- Mayor Walsh announces applications open for Boston Disability Commission Advisory Board
- Akebia Presents Results from its INNO2VATE Global Phase 3 Program; Demonstrated Efficacy and Cardiovascular Safety of Vadadustat for the Treatment of Anemia due to Chronic Kidney Disease in Adult Patients on Dialysis
- Launching New No Touch Tool Made from EPA Registered Alloy
- Strategy Analytics: Western European Countries Lead in 5G Share of Smartphone Sales
- DUCs Can't Sustain U.S. Shale, ESAI Energy
- 3Sixty Insights Names Brent Skinner Director and Principal Analyst
- ACEC/MA Announces BSC Group as 2020 winner of Bronze Engineering Excellence Award
- PearlFection Dentistry Does Implant Supported Dentures with Zygoma Implants
- Ideanomics Enters into US EV Manufacturing Market
- Autonomous Announces First Ever Standing Desk with User-Adjustable Anti-Collision Feature
- IFAW: Two critically endangered right whales discovered entangled in gear
- Lantheus Holdings to Host Third Quarter 2020 Earnings Conference Call and Webcast on November 5, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time
- Cohere Health Closes Additional $10 Million in Funding to Accelerate Delivery of Patient Journey Platform for Better Healthcare Quality and Outcomes
- Veristat Announces Global Cell and Gene Therapy Center of Excellence