- Boston: A message from Commissioner McCosh: Inauguration event accessibility
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Launches COVID-19 Vaccine CDC Pharmacy Partnership - Phase 1, Expands Vaccine Locations & Names Fenway Park as Mass Vaccination Site
- The Atlas Group adds Corbin Raines to their list of professional property managers
The City is also offering a holiday discount for the Bluebikes bike-sharing program, including a 30 percent discount on annual memberships on Monday, November 30 (Cyber Monday). Additionally, free 90-day passes are still available for employees in retail shops and restaurants in Boston. These efforts build on the City's ongoing commitment to support small businesses that have been hit hardest during the COVID-19 pandemic.
More on Boston Chron
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Announces Launch of Pilot to Provide Dedicated COVID-19 Testing Sites to Child Care Programs, Expanded Resources for Providers
- Demolition Delay application: 2 Ford Street, East Boston
- Boston: Demolition Delay application: 46 Belgrade Avenue, Roslindale
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Files for $200 Million in Chapter 90 Local Transportation Funding, Highlights Fiscal Year 2022 Local Aid Proposal
- Boston: Mayor Walsh announces Zoning Board of Appeal project tracker
"While shopping during the holiday season will look different this year, we are doing more than ever to help our small businesses get through a very difficult time," said Mayor Walsh. "Our small businesses contribute so much to our local economy, and I encourage everyone to shop safely and shop local this year."
Two hours of free parking at metered spaces will be offered in Boston on the following days:
- Saturday, November 28 (Small Business Saturday)
- Saturday, December 5
- Saturday, December 12
- Saturday, December 19
- Saturday, December 26
While payment at meters will not be required on these five days, the time limit on the meters will be in effect. The purpose of this is to allow as many customers as possible a chance to take advantage of this opportunity.
"We are pleased to provide this incentive for Boston residents to shop locally this holiday season," said Boston Transportation Department Commissioner Greg Rooney. "Parking meters are located throughout several of Boston's neighborhood commercial districts, and I encourage drivers to take advantage of this opportunity."
The City is asking everyone who participates in in-person shopping this weekend and this holiday season to take steps to stay safe from COVID-19, including: wearing a face covering in public, staying 6 feet apart from others whenever possible, avoiding crowds and crowded places, bringing an alcohol-based hand sanitizer and washing your hands often, and staying home if you are sick. The City is also encouraging shoppers to consider alternative, safer options including shopping online, using contactless services, such as curbside pick-up, and shopping in open air markets.
More on Boston Chron
- Nanobiotix Subsidiary Curadigm Secures New Collaboration Agreement With Sanofi Focused on Gene Therapy Pipeline
- PTC's ThingWorx and Vuforia Power Fujitsu Smart Factory Framework
- Demolition Delay application: 177 Maverick Street, East Boston
- Demolition Delay application: 175 Maverick Street, East Boston
- Demolition Delay application: 173 Maverick Street, East Boston
To date, a total of more than $9.6 million in debt-free grants have been issued to 3,391 small businesses across Boston. The Office of Economic Development's Small Business Unit continues to engage with Boston's business owners through weekly calls, office hours, and ongoing surveys in order to best understand their needs during the COVID-19 pandemic. Small Business owners are encouraged to complete Survey #10 to share their thoughts and experiences to better shape our programs and policies to serve the small business community. For additional questions, the Small Business Unit can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Quanterix to Participate in PMWC 2021 COVID-19 Conference
- Curaleaf Launches Adult-Use Operations in Arizona
- Congressional Medal of Honor Society will host 2021 convention in Boston
- Boston: Update on the Ronan Park Well
- Avery Design Announces CXL™ 2.0 VIP
- Nova Biomedical FLEX2 Cell Culture Analyzer Adds Sample Retain Capability
- Kaizen Finance Launches Staking to Foster the Widespread Adoption of DeFi
- Ismail Sirdah Describes the Best Practices for Holding Corporate Events
- MDAdvantage Appoints Pete Cammarano to Board of Directors
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Orion Energy on Successful Capital Partnerships
- expEDIum Direct Pay®, seamless online payment added to iTech's expEDIum Medical Billing®
- Office Properties Income Trust Fourth Quarter 2020 Conference Call Scheduled for Friday, February 19th
- Haemonetics Welcomes New FDA Guidance on Viscoelastic Testing During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Massachusetts: Baker- Polito Administration Expands Vaccine Access to All Eligible Residents in Phase One Effective Immediately
- China Refuses to Accept Service of Berman Law Group's Coronavirus Class Action Complaint
- Love & Sip Valentine Brunch with Celebrity The Comedian, Tomea, Grammy Saxophonist Jason Davis, Gospel Contemporary Duo, Only God Ministries
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Awards Another $37 Million in Grants to 638 Businesses, Extends Capacity Limits and Lifts Early Closing Requirement for Businesses
- Phio Pharmaceuticals Announces $14.0 Million Private Placement Priced At-the-Market
- Wanderful Partners with Intrepid Travel to Launch Women and Allies Cruise in Antarctica
- Rustic Deco Launches B2B Wholesale Furniture Website