"Dr. Tune brings the valuable perspective of both a practicing physician with a deep research background and a proven institutional healthcare equity research analyst," said Mr. Hearle. "Her experience on the frontlines in the fight against Covid-19 is tremendously helpful as we pursue themes around testing, therapeutics and services. We are excited about the contributions she will make to benefit our clients."
Dr. Tune joins fellow Harvard alum, William Whelan, Managing Director and healthcare analyst; Partner and Portfolio Manager Robert Zdunczyk; and Hong Kong based Managing Director and research analyst Pricilla Chan on the Clough healthcare team led by Michael Hearle. Clough Capital invests across all six sub-sectors of healthcare, which include biotechnology, specialty pharma, medical technology, hospitals, large pharma and HMOs. Research activity is driven by a focus on finding assets at two major valuation inflection points: step-up from private to public and industry consolidation.
More on Boston Chron
- BeBop Sensors' Forte Data Glove Adds Haptic Interaction Support for Oculus 2 and Unreal Engine
- LYRIC names Toni Newman as New Interim Executive Director and Jodi Schwartz as President
- TDS Announces Cloud Migration Accelerator Offering Available on AWS Marketplace
- Customer Experience (CX) Report Reveals Global Marketing Pivot to Drive Accelerated Digital Transformation
- Boston: $1,000,000 in grant funding available through 2021 Youth Development Fund
Dr. Tune holds a BA from Harvard College and a Doctor of Medicine with Distinction from the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. She completed a residency in emergency medicine and served as a Chief Resident at the Indiana University School of Medicine. Before attending medical school, she was a research analyst at Leerink Partners focusing on specialty pharmaceuticals and healthcare services before becoming a Principal and Research Analyst again focusing on specialty pharmaceuticals at Neponset Equity Research. Dr. Tune joins Clough Capital Partners after practicing emergency medicine in Indiana. Since 2018, she has served as an Attending Physician in emergency medicine at a large urban hospital near Boston, Massachusetts. In total, Dr. Tune has over 20 years of experience in the healthcare field.
About Clough Capital
Founded in 2000 by Charles I. Clough, Jr., Boston-based Clough Capital Partners is an independent globally focused investment boutique which specializes in long short investing. With over $1.8 billion in assets under management (as of September 30, 2020) and 19 employees, the firm serves institutional and individual investors through several hedged strategies, including a dedicated healthcare strategy. The investment team is comprised of 9 members who have an average of 25 years of industry experience and 10 years with the firm. Clients can access Clough Capital's strategies through multiple investment vehicles including separate accounts, pooled funds and both closed and open end mutual funds.
More on Boston Chron
- Wanderful Releases Anti-Oppression Toolkit for Travel & Culture Creators
- BitRouter Announces Dihedral Software Release for its ATSC3pro Receiver at NAB Show New York
- DRolls Associates CEO Dafna Rolls shares insights into the benefits of outsourcing vs. in-house employees, especially during the current pandemic English English English
- CyberSaint Recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor in Cyber & IT Risk Management
- CureLab Oncology Establishes Operations in the Gulf Region English English English
SOURCE Clough Capital Partners
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Actress Marcia Cross Launches Non-Profit Organization After Successful Battle with Cancer
- A Video Discussion: Introducing ETHIC, A WEALTH BANK
- More fully human: Storytelling in the Boston Artists-in-Residence program
- Boston: A message from Commissioner McCosh: Exercise your right to vote
- The Joseph Company International Announces Expansion of Self-Chilling / Chill On Demand™ Packaging Innovations
- Itero Group LLC Fortune 100 Best Small Company
- Yottaa Publishes 2020 eCommerce 3rd Party Technology Performance Index
- The Business Conference for Women of Color, MogulCon, Celebrates 5 Years
- PSXDigital Unveils Marketing Automation 360 to Accelerate Powersports Dealership Success
- BostonSight Increases Accessibility of Higher Order Abberation (HOA) Correction in Vision Care
- Perch Announces $123.5M in New Financing to Acquire Top Performing Amazon Marketplace Products and Companies
- NANOBIOTIX Announces Four Presentations at The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) 35th Anniversary Annual Meeting
- The new version 2.0 - OffshoreCorpTalk got an upgrade!
- Alfred Street Baptist Church Donates Over $ 1 Million to Community-Based Organizations & National Nonprofits Through Their Tithe the Tithe Initiative
- Buy Website Traffic - Get Targeted Quality Traffic - Real Human Website Traffic
- Vertex to Announce Third-Quarter 2020 Financial Results on October 29
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. receives Notice of Allowance for US and Chinese patent applications for geofence-based drone control
- MNA Nurses at Baystate Noble Hospital to Hold Informational Picket with Community Members at Noon on Wednesday, October 21
- Baker-Polito Administration Celebrates Third Annual STEM Week with Virtual Kickoff in Collaboration with MIT and the Massachusetts Science and Engineering Fair