- Boston: Grants Awarded to Expand Access to Immigration Services
- Boston: Street Upgrades to Enhance Mobility and Safety for Everyone
- Boston: City Council Supports Recreational Equipment Inc. Workers
The partnership brings together Novo Nordisk's global leadership in treating diabetes and metabolic diseases with Dewpoint's groundbreaking discovery and AI technology platform to identify modulators of biomolecular condensates. The scope of the agreement includes discovering potential small molecule drugs against multiple new condensate targets that may be involved in mechanisms of insulin resistance and insulin sensitivity. Novo Nordisk can also choose to discover non-small molecule drugs against the identified condensates using internal Novo Nordisk capabilities and gains rights to further develop and commercialize such potential drugs.
Under the partnership, Dewpoint is eligible to receive up to $55 million in the near term which includes an upfront payment, research funding and potential research milestones across two programs. Dewpoint is also eligible to receive up to $690 million of clinical, commercial and sales milestones plus royalties across two commercial products. If Novo Nordisk decides to pursue other modalities for the condensates, Dewpoint will be eligible to receive up to $107.5 million in total milestones per product.
More on Boston Chron
- Pettit Kohn Welcomes Esteemed Attorney John E. Drazkowski to the Arizona Team
- Family Eyecare Solutions Named a Finalist for Hanover Business of the Year
- Peak Physical Therapy & Sports Performance Expands Golf Performance Program at Braintree Clinic
- GLCPS Celebrates the Official Opening of the Joan and Irwin Jacobs Center for STEAM Education
- INshed Now Offers Nationwide Shipping of Fully-Assembled, Eco-Friendly Backyard Offices
Insulin resistance is a key driver of type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome, with prevalence ranging from 15.5% - 46.5% globally.[i] Insulin resistance occurs when the body has an impaired response to insulin, resulting in elevated levels of glucose in the blood which leads to diabetes and complications in other organs and tissues.
Ameet Nathwani, M.D., CEO of Dewpoint Therapeutics commented on the partnership: "Our partnership with Novo Nordisk brings together Dewpoint's cutting-edge condensate science with deep expertise from a global leader in diabetes. We believe that by discovering and hopefully reversing the dysregulation of biomolecular condensates that leads to insulin resistance, we have the potential to profoundly impact the development and clinical course of diabetes, one of the most profound global health challenges affecting society today."
Uli Stilz, Ph.D., VP Novo Nordisk Bio Innovation Hub in Cambridge, Mass added: "We are excited to explore with Dewpoint the possibilities for novel therapeutics for the treatment of diabetes. Novo Nordisk's extensive knowledge in diabetes and drug development capabilities complements Dewpoint's leading expertise in condensate biology and unique approaches to identifying potential drug candidates."
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: June is Pride Month
- Entrinsik Appoints Madhavi W. Chandra as Chief Product Officer
- Pickleball4America Unveils Details of First Ever Ballpark Series™ with Events at Fenway Park, Oracle Park and Coors Field
- Golden Ticket Productions Launches New Website
- Everbridge Empowers State and Local Governments to Enhance Preparedness and Resilience for 2023 Atlantic Hurricane Season
Condensates are membraneless organelles that form dynamically throughout cells via a process called phase separation which organize molecules within cells enabling certain key biochemical processes. The dysregulation of biomolecular condensates has been observed in many diseases including diabetes; Dewpoint's platform can discover disease-driving condensates as well as develop drugs that potentially provide novel therapeutic options for complex diseases or historically undruggable targets.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Liberate Bio Announces Expansion of its Leadership Team
- Studeo dévoile StudAI : l'Intelligence Artificielle au service de l'éducation
- BXP to Present at Nareit's REITweek Investor Conference
- EMH Productions Announce 'Live for Liberty' Charity Concert in Los Angeles Supporting "Woman, Life, Freedom" Movement in Iran
- SOC Prime Launches Integration with Amazon Security Lake to Supercharge Security Operations
- Boston: Mayor Wu and Office Of Economic Opportunity and Inclusion Announce the Cannabis Empowerment Series
- NEMTAC® Brings Innovation to Accreditation Industry with the Launch of Collaborative Network Built on Distributed Ledger Technology
- Boston: THE MARY ELIZA PROJECT: WARD 18 VOTER RECORDS NOW AVAILABLE
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor Mayor Kate Gallego of Phoenix with the Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 38th Tribute to Mayors
- Healey-Driscoll Administration and Massachusetts Life Sciences Center Announce $24.4 Million Job Creation Incentives for 43 Massachusetts Life Sciences Companies
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Robert D. Botticelli, Hired
- Levinger-Regens Analytics Reveals New Energy Outlook
- Karuna Therapeutics to Present at the Goldman Sachs 44th Annual Global Healthcare Conference
- UVify Unveils the Groundbreaking SLAMDAQ
- Unleash the Power of Words: Unite in Reading Frederick Douglass' Inspirational Speech
- Inovenso to Showcase Cutting-Edge Electrospinning Machines at ICMAT 2023 in Singapore
- Dancing Numbers Unveils Google Sheets QuickBooks Integration, Streamlining Data Import, Export, and Deletion
- Nearly Two Months After New Hands-Free Law, Distracted Driving Remains Lower in Ohio
- ReadyCommunities Partnership of CCROA Announces National Service Awardees Who Helped Save Passengers from the Derailed Train Near Rural Mendon
- Harvard Business School Celebrates 113th Commencement