- Posh AI Welcomes Former NCUA Chairman Rodney E. Hood to Board of Directors
- Boston's Urban Tree Data Now Available Through Analyze Boston
- ENTOUCH Awarded Prestigious Recognition in Inc. Regionals Southwest 2024
The move was driven by the country's strong commitment to scientific research and development, as well as its regulatory environment that supports a culture of innovation. Flagship has established an office in London, its first such office outside the United States. The new office will serve as a regional hub for Flagship's operations in the UK and into Europe.
Noubar Afeyan, Founder and CEO of Flagship Pioneering said: "We are pleased to officially debut the UK effort today, which has been expanding behind the scenes for over a year. With our announced regional hubs in both London and Singapore, Flagship aims to strengthen its position as a global leader in the biotech industry and enhance its ability to engage stakeholders around the world."
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Ribbon-cutting Ceremony Celebrates Menstrual Product Availability in City Hall
- Mayor Michelle Wu announces five year contract ratified by Boston Police Detectives Benevolent Society, codifying key reforms, fair compensation and advancing transparency
- Angel Beck Honored as Featured Agent in "Best of Real Estate Magazine"
- Training Industry Recognizes RAIN Group on 2024 Top 20 Sales Training and Enablement Companies List
- J & Z Unveils Naveen: The Next Generation Virtual Human Skincare Expert
Earlier this month, Flagship announced its expansion into the Asia-Pacific region with the establishment of a hub in Singapore and appointment of André Andonian as Chair of Asia Pacific and Senior Advisor. The company creates and builds platform companies designed to generate multiple products that secure a healthier and more sustainable future. For more than 20 years, Flagship has originated and fostered more than 100 scientific ventures resulting in more than $90 billion (USD) in aggregate value. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 40 impactful companies spanning human therapeutics, agriculture, and nutrition.
Last week's unveiling of Quotient Therapeutics marks its first company co-anchored in both Cambridge MA (US) and Cambridge (UK). Quotient's platform was created by Flagship scientists in partnership with leading geneticists at the Wellcome Sanger Institute (UK) and University of Texas Southwestern (US).
Michelle Donelan, Secretary of State for Science Innovation & Technology said: "From Brunel's engineering revolution in 19th century through to breakthroughs in genetic medicine 21st century British ideas have changed world because willingness ask big questions do things differently but be successful our innovators risk-takers need backing." She added that "Flagship Pioneering choosing UK home Europe another vote confidence mission put real financial firepower behind world-leading science backing brightest ideas serious capital help deliver improved healthcare new medical treatments high-skill jobs."
More on Boston Chron
- BRG Leg Up Program Registration Opens for 2024
- "Overdosing" America's Youth: The Dangerous Trend in Antidepressant Prescribing
- Boston: Councilor FitzGerald Delivers His Maiden Speech
- Boston: Councilor Santana Delivers His Maiden Speech
- Reverse Mortgages in Sarasota, Florida: Florida's Best Reverse Mortgage Company Opens New Office in Sarasota
Tom Kibasi Senior Vice President & UK Initiative Lead said: "The UK offers immense opportunities collaboration academic institutions research centers national data resources biotech startups we look forward continuing work closely biotech community contributing advancement scientific research development country."
Professor Lord Darzi who chairs Preemptive Health & Medicine initiative added: "The official debut Flagship UK strong growing team London comes time when biotech sector experiencing tremendous growth innovation no doubt make tremendous contribution vibrant innovative biotech ecosystem United Kingdom—benefit too."
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Introducing Flumlite SNUGG: Redefining Vaping Comfort and Style
- Sarepta Therapeutics Announces Inducement Grants Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)
- CNN and Fortune cite Wharton Wealth Planning market advice
- Boston: Mayor Michelle Wu Announces Expansion of Swim Safe Program with New Funding for Free Swim Lessons
- NFS Leasing, Inc. Sets Company Record for Year-Over-Year Originations in 2023, Increasing Vendor Partner NBV by 250%
- Free Women's Self Defense Seminars Offered By Oom Yung Doe Martial Arts
- THINK BOLD Festival & Conference 2024: Where Inspiration Meets Innovation with Proud Partner VyStar Credit Union
- Thought Industries Promotes Robin Wadsworth to CEO, Succeeding Co-founder Barry Kelly
- 11 Self-Care Tips for Busy Women
- Sparkling Logic Launches Interactive Decision Tree Modeling in SMARTS™
- Massachusetts: Governor Healey Promotes Major Initiatives in Life Sciences, Climatetech, Applied AI
- Beautyforever Tax-Free Season Promotion 2024
- Acushnet Holdings Corp. Announces Full Year and Fourth Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- Volt Joins Linebreak to Help Companies Maximize Edge Data Value USA - English USA - English
- Final Video Game: A Middle to Upper Middle Grade Gaming Sci-Fi Novel
- American Tower Corporation Announces Participation in Upcoming March Investor Conferences
- Bent Danholm Teams Up With Cash Investors to Simplify Real Estate Investments in Central Florida
- NEXTUPLE EXPERIENCES OVER 100-PERCENT GROWTH IN PRODUCT REVENUE and REALIZES 67-PERCENT GROWTH IN OVERALL PRODUCT-LED BUSINESS USA - English USA - English
- Renowned Security Expert Jacqui Didieu Lauded for Transformative Contributions to Private Security Sector
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces $44 Million Investment to Transform Blue Hill Avenue