- Posh AI Welcomes Former NCUA Chairman Rodney E. Hood to Board of Directors
- Boston's Urban Tree Data Now Available Through Analyze Boston
- ENTOUCH Awarded Prestigious Recognition in Inc. Regionals Southwest 2024
The production will be led by BEMF's GRAMMY-winning Musical Directors Paul O'Dette and Stephen Stubbs and internationally acclaimed Stage Director Gilbert Blin. The stellar cast features GRAMMY winner Aaron Sheehan, GRAMMY nominee Teresa Wakim, soprano Hannah De Priest, and bass-baritones Douglas Williams and John Taylor Ward alongside the all-star BEMF Chamber Ensemble with Concertmaster Robert Mealy and the BEMF Dance Company with Choreographer Melinda Sullivan.
The Dragon of Wantley was the most popular opera of the entire 18th century in England, enjoying a 45-year run. Lampe deftly lampoons the excesses of Handelian opera in this hilarious farce.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Ribbon-cutting Ceremony Celebrates Menstrual Product Availability in City Hall
- Mayor Michelle Wu announces five year contract ratified by Boston Police Detectives Benevolent Society, codifying key reforms, fair compensation and advancing transparency
- Angel Beck Honored as Featured Agent in "Best of Real Estate Magazine"
- Training Industry Recognizes RAIN Group on 2024 Top 20 Sales Training and Enablement Companies List
- J & Z Unveils Naveen: The Next Generation Virtual Human Skincare Expert
The production will be performed in Boston, MA on Saturday, November 25, and Sunday, November 26 at New England Conservatory's Jordan Hall before going on tour to Miami, FL on Thursday, November 30 presented by RK Cultural Productions and Troy, NY on Saturday, December 2 at the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall. A virtual presentation will follow from Saturday, December 9 through Saturday, December 23.
Tickets for both Boston performances are priced at $25-$125 each and can be purchased at https://BEMF.org or 617-661-1812. Tickets for Miami performance are available at https://rkculturalproductions.org while tickets for Troy performance can be purchased at http://troymusichall.org/. Both Boston performances will also feature an engaging pre-performance talk by celebrated author and musicologist Ellen T. Harris.
This is sure to be an unforgettable experience as Monty Python meets Handel in this all-new production from the GRAMMY Award winning Boston Early Music Festival Chamber Opera Series! Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to see this classic opera come to life!
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Entegris Completes the Sale of the Pipeline and Industrial Materials (PIM) Business to SCF Partners
- Weiss Asset Management is Unrelated to Weiss Multi-Strategy Advisers LLC
- Vintage Arms Inc. Opens Its Doors as Yonkers' Premier Firearms Destination and Training Facility
- Survivor breaks silence after 50 years
- The newest installment in an early middle grade series about a weird town with silly goings-on will delight young readers
- Have Luxury Watches Lost Their Shine? Market Analysis for 2024
- Rio Rancho Dentist Treats Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Snoring, with Oral Appliance Therapy
- Distribution Dates and Amounts Announced for Eaton Vance Closed-End Funds
- Hannah's Journal to Be Happy: New Book Reminds Us of the Many Ways We Can Find "Happy"
- TownePlace Suites Geneva at SPIRE Academy Opens
- Tobu Railway Makes Japan's First Demonstration Experiment Using Biofuel in a Steam Locomotive
- Boston: March is Women's History Month
- Massachusetts: Governor Healey Files Mass Leads Act to Grow Economy, Support Businesses, Attract Talent
- Massachusetts: Press Statement Governor Healey Applauds CVS and Walgreens for Expanding Access to Mifepristone
- Tri-Continental Corporation Declares First Quarter Distribution
- Introducing Flumlite SNUGG: Redefining Vaping Comfort and Style
- Sarepta Therapeutics Announces Inducement Grants Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)
- CNN and Fortune cite Wharton Wealth Planning market advice
- Boston: Mayor Michelle Wu Announces Expansion of Swim Safe Program with New Funding for Free Swim Lessons
- NFS Leasing, Inc. Sets Company Record for Year-Over-Year Originations in 2023, Increasing Vendor Partner NBV by 250%