- Raleigh Business Leader Joins 2022 National Small Business Association Board Leadership
- A New Social Network Based on Gratitude and Positivity
- Nth Cycle Selected as Finalist for 2022 SXSW Pitch
HBM4003 has already received an IND approval from the U.S. FDA, IND approvals from the China NMPA and the clinical trial approval from the Australia Institutional Review Board (IRB). The Company is proceeding multiple clinical trials for HBM4003 monotherapy and combination therapy across the world. HCC and NET/NEC are among the first wave of such indications.
HBM4003 is a fully human anti-CTLA-4 monoclonal heavy chain only antibody (HCAb) generated from Harbour Mice®. By enhancing antibody-dependent cell cytotoxicity (ADCC) killing activity, HBM4003 has demonstrated significantly improved depletion specific to high CTLA-4 Treg cells in tumor tissues. The potent anti-tumor efficacy and differentiated pharmacokinetics with durable pharmacodynamic effect presents a favorable product profile. This novel and differentiated mechanism of action has the potential to improve efficacy while significantly reducing the toxicity of the drug in monotherapy and combo-therapy.
More on Boston Chron
- HubSpot Announces Date of Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2021 Financial Results Release
- Founder Of Sheen Magazine & Co-founder Of Chapman Products Company Featured In Vogue Magazine
- Boston Hemp Inc.: Best Wholesale Hemp and CBD Products
- Amwell to Report Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2021 Operating Results and Host Conference Call on Thursday, February 24, 2022
- Mayor Wu Appoints Brandon Cardet-Hernandez to Boston School Committee
About Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC)
Liver cancers are the fourth most common cause of cancer-related death and rank sixth in terms of incident cases worldwide. On the basis of annual projections, the World Health Organization estimates that more than 1 million patients will die from liver cancer in 2030.1 Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)2 is the most common form of liver cancer and accounts for ~90% of cases. The majority of HCC occur in patients with underlying liver diseases, mostly as results of hepatitis B or C virus (HBV or HCV) infection or alcohol abuse. Systemic therapies are recommended for advanced stage of HCC, including inhibitors of multiple kinases and immune-based therapies, with increased median survival of 10.6~15.6 months.1 Although the clinical management of advanced stage of HCC has improved in the past 10 years, there is still high unmet medical needs to explore new, effective and life-prolonged therapies for HCC.
About Neuroendocrine Neoplasms (NEN, including NET and NEC)
NEN is a neoplasm that arise from neuroendocrine cells. There are two fundamentally different groups of NEN: well-differentiated, low-proliferating NEN, called neuroendocrine tumor (NET) and poorly differentiated, highly proliferating NEN, called neuroendocrine carcinoma (NEC). NEN can occur almost everywhere in the body but are most common in the gastrointestinal tract, the pancreas, and the lungs.3 Surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy and a variety of drug treatments are common therapies for patients with NET/NEC. Prognosis is worse in metastatic tumors, with the 5-year survival rate about 4.7% in metastatic gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine cancer (GEP-NEC).4 Consequently, there is still high unmet medical needs to explore new, effective and convenient therapies for NET/NEC.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces Tiffany Chu as Chief of Staff
- Riemer & Braunstein Adds Tax Credit and Community Development Finance Team
- Massive State of Unpreparedness for CCPA Compliance Exposed in Research from CYTRIO
- Boston: Caution Urged As Bitterly Cold Weather Arrives This Weekend
- Boston: Recipients of Grants for Green and Mobility Jobs Announced
About Harbour BioMed
Harbour BioMed (HKEX: 02142) is a global biopharmaceutical company committed to the discovery, development and commercialization of novel antibody therapeutics focusing on immunology and oncology. The Company is building its robust portfolio and differentiated pipeline through internal R&D capability, collaborations with co-discovery and co-development partners and select acquisitions.
The Company's proprietary antibody technology platforms Harbour Mice® generate fully human monoclonal antibodies in two heavy and two light chain (H2L2) format, as well as heavy chain only (HCAb) format. Building upon the HCAb antibodies, the HCAb-based immune cell engagers (HBICE®) are capable of delivering tumor killing effects unachievable by traditional combination therapies. Integrating Harbour Mice® with single B cell cloning platform, our antibody discovery engine is highly unique and efficient for development of next generation therapeutic antibodies.
- Villanueva A. Hepatocellular Carcinoma. N Engl J Med. 2019;380(15):1450-1462. doi: 10.1056/NEJMra1713263. PMID: 30970190.
- Llovet JM, Kelley RK, Villanueva A. et al. Hepatocellular carcinoma. Nat Rev Dis.2021; 7(1):1-6. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41572-020-00240-3
- Klöppel G. Neuroendocrine Neoplasms: Dichotomy, Origin and Classifications[J]. Visc Med, 2017.
- Dasari A, Mehta K, Byers LA, Sorbye H, Yao JC. Comparative Study of Lung and Extrapulmonary Poorly Differentiated Neuroendocrine Carcinomas: A SEER Database Analysis of 162,983 Cases[J]. Cancer 2017, 124, 807–815.
SOURCE Harbour BioMed
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Boston: Demolition Delay Application: 59-63 Belgrade Avenue, Roslindale
- Mayor Wu To Invest $40 Million To Create And Preserve 718 Affordable Homes In Boston
- Astadia Welcomes Mark Hogan to its Board of Directors
- PTC and Schaeffler Announce Strategic Alliance to Accelerate Digital Transformation Roadmap
- Author, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur, And Public Speaker, Mel Jackson To Appear As Keynote Speaker
- TRU Staffing Partners Privacy Expert Earns IAPP Certified Information Privacy Manager Credential
- Wohler releases iAM-AUDIO-8 with AoIP options
- Boston: Winter Parks-Themed Zoom Backgrounds Available!
- Beacon Healthcare Systems Improves Medicare Application Processing Time by 92%
- STS Capital Partners Managing Director Shamil Hargovan Leads 3D Printing Industry Experts Wohlers Associates Sale to ASTM
- Wayfair Schedules Fourth Quarter 2021 Earnings Release and Conference Call
- Introducing IDS, a new company from IPD built to revolutionize the connection between owners/operators, assets, and service channels
- Hot Healthcare IT Company to Watch in 2022: Scripta Insights Grows 560% Despite Pandemic, Delivering the Complete Pharmacy Benefit Cost Containment Solution Employers & Employees Need
- Sidow Sobrino's New Song and Music Video Bananas 4 God is Out Now
- Eco-Friendly Legacy Builder Wendy Turner Miller Upends the Waste and Recycling Business with Superior Innovative Solutions, LLC
- Deciphera Pharmaceuticals Presents Results from the INTRIGUE Phase 3 Clinical Study at the American Society of Clinical Oncology Plenary Series Session
- OpsVeda Announces Completion Of SOC 2 Type II Certification
- Buyers Edge Platform Joins Science Based Targets Initiative, Commits to Net-Zero Emissions by 2040
- Console & Associates, P.C. Investigates Class Action Lawsuit Following Data Breach at StarTek, Inc
- Jim Koons Automotive Company Data Breach Prompts Investigation into Class Action Lawsuit