- Boston: Disparity study completed; executive order signed establishing goals for minority- and woman-owned businesses
- Legacy Gospel Series Project - New Previously Unreleased Recordings
- Boston: Mayor Walsh announces completion of disparity study, signs executive order establishing goals for minority- and woman-owned businesses
The new report from IDTechEx on "Full Hybrid Electric Vehicle Markets 2021-2041" covers this topic along with the key players and geographical markets for HEVs. Battery and motor-generator technology is analyzed for HEV cars, buses, and trucks, giving forecasts for Li-ion and NiMH battery demand over the next 20 years.
Toyota is the ruling OEM in the global HEV car market, with over 60% market share in 2019. Other manufacturers have started to eat into this share over the years, but Toyota still reigns supreme. While the other OEMs have mostly transitioned towards Li-ion batteries for their HEVs, Toyota remains committed to NiMH batteries and HEVs for the foreseeable future, with the majority of their line-up now using either NiMH or Li-ion depending on the specifications. For the relatively small batteries that are used in HEVs, the NiMH is still sufficient to meet requirements. It is also much more technologically mature and lower cost than Li-ion.
Sales of HEVs have continued to grow throughout the COVID-19 pandemic despite the downturn of the overall car market. This, combined with Toyota's dominance and NiMH portfolio, provides a good market for NiMH batteries, at least in the short term. Li-ion technology is still evolving and reducing in price; at a certain point, it may no longer be cost-effective to continue using NiMH. Additionally, fossil fuel bans are incoming, with countries like the UK banning purely internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles by 2030 and only allowing hybrids "that can drive a significant distance with zero emissions". HEV manufacturers will likely increase the battery capacity in order to give more electric-only range, making the Li-ion option more appealing. Even with this stay of execution for HEVs, banning vehicles with ICEs of any sort is likely to follow shortly after. This will eliminate the HEV in many markets and hence the demand for NiMH.
More on Boston Chron
- Syxsense Announces Integration with Microsoft Office 365
- Charles River Laboratories Announces Strategic Partnership with Kibur Medical to Advance Preclinical Oncology Studies
- Launch of Trace One E-Sourcing Will Boost Retailers' Private Label Speed to Market
- Veristat Expands Global Service Capability in Biometrics with Acquisition of SQN Clinical
- City of Boston annual healthcare enrollment 2021
IDTechEx recently published the report "Full Hybrid Electric Vehicle Markets 2021-2041". This report gives an in-depth look at the historic HEV market in China, Europe, Japan, South Korea, and the US, with an outlook over the next 20 years. An extensive model database of over 80 HEVs sold between 2015 and 2019 is used to determine the market's battery and motor-generator technology in addition to geographical markets and manufacturer market shares. The total cost of ownership calculations is compared with ICE and 48V hybrids, as well as how HEVs can help manufacturers meet new European emissions targets. For more information on this report please visit www.IDTechEx.com/HEV.
This report forms part of the broader electric vehicle and energy storage research from IDTechEx, who track adoption of electric vehicles, battery trends and demand across more than 100 different mobility sectors. This is summarized in a master report: www.IDTechEx.com/EV, or for further in-depth analysis, please see the full portfolio of electric vehicle research available from IDTechEx: www.IDTechEx.com/research/EV.
IDTechEx guides your strategic business decisions through its Research, Subscription and Consultancy products, helping you profit from emerging technologies. For more information, contact [email protected] or visit www.IDTechEx.com.
More on Boston Chron
- New Video Streaming Startup, Relax Scenes, Launches Indiegogo Campaign to Support Their Expansion
- American Tower Corporation to Present at the Raymond James 42nd Annual Institutional Investors Conference
- Changes to City of Boston Non-Medicare health plans
- Bronx DWI Lawyer Announces New Website
- Recording Artist "Cherne" Crystal Brown auditions for Sony Music, Atlantic Records and Capitol Records and it doesn't stop there
Digital Marketing Manager
Social Media Links:
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Boston: Street sweeping, ticketing enforcement for expired inspection stickers and vehicle registration to resume
- City of Boston announces street sweeping; ticketing enforcement for expired inspection stickers and vehicle registration to resume
- Fennemore Names New Office Managing Partners, Practice Group Leaders & Chief Diversity Officer
- Wohler adds to their iVAM range with the launch of the iVAM2-2
- To Supply Chains and Beyond: Blue Yonder Expands Five-Year Partnership with Matter, Enlisting Full Suite of PR + Marketing Offerings
- Optimal Empowers Procurement Teams with Expert Best Practices
- Strategy Analytics: Service Robot Sales Volumes Surge as Covid-19 Pandemic Drives Demand.
- BEYOND GUANTANAMO: Louisiana Candidate for Congress blazes trail to freedom for U.S. political prisoners
- Reward Gateway Announces Two-Way Integration With Microsoft Teams to Enable Instant Employee Recognition
- The love of a teacher: Wilhelmina Crosson and Boston's first remedial studies program
- Boston: 67 projects totaling more than $25.5 million recommended for Community Preservation Act funding
- Hologic Completes Acquisition of Biotheranostics, Enabling Entry into Growing Oncology Market
- 8th Annual American Reality TV Awards - ARTAS Official Nominations
- Boston: Mayor Walsh recommends 67 projects, totaling over $25.5 million in funding through Community Preservation Act
- Thirst for Japanese Whisky Strong as New Standards Set
- HD Physical Therapy Announces Two New Team Members
- Boston: Parks welcomes five full-time Rangers
- PEVO Sports Co. was recently awarded two GSA contracts with Brian Peterson and the Government Marketplace LLC team's assistance
- Skyhook to Provide E-911 and Location Positioning for Coolpad Americas Upcoming Mobile Phone Product
- eCollections Debt Management Platform Announces New Business Import Tool