- The World's Master Mind Reader - The Reality Twister hits Glendale AZ
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Announces Debt Financing Agreement with SLR Capital Partners with $30 Million Funded at Closing
- Boston: Mayor Wu Appoints New Members to the Zoning Board of Appeal
BOSTON, Aug. 16, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Liberty Mutual Insurance today announced the appointment of two individuals to newly created leadership positions within Global Risk Solutions (GRS), its commercial and specialty (re)insurance unit. Effective September 1, Crystal Ottaviano will join as GRS Chief Risk Officer, and Chantal Rodriguez will become Liberty Mutual Reinsurance Chief Underwriting Officer. Ottaviano will report to GRS Chief Financial Officer Alison Erbig. Rodriguez will report to both GRS President of Underwriting Matthew Moore and Liberty Mutual Reinsurance President Dieter Winkel.
As GRS Chief Risk Officer, Ottaviano will build differentiated global risk expertise capabilities that support a forward-thinking, risk-aware underwriting mindset designed to deliver exceptional value to Liberty's partners and customers. Ottaviano, who has more than 25 years of risk management experience, joins from Aspen Insurance Group, where she was Group Chief Risk Officer. Throughout her career, she served in many senior leadership roles, including Chief Risk Officer of Swiss Reinsurance America and Head of Risk Management at Hiscox US.
More on Boston Chron
- Panoramic Voices' 25th Anniversary Season Commences October 16
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces Executive Order to Streamline Approval of Affordable Housing
- PROMETRIKA Presents Exploring the Impact of Decentralized Clinical Trials – A Live Webcast
- Dynamic Design Solutions Announces Best Sales Year on Record in Back-to-Back Fiscal Years
- iWave and Givzey Announce Strategic Partnership to Power the Industry's First Give Now Pay Later (GNPL) Solution for Social Good
"Given today's tremendously complex and interconnected risk environment, a CRO's key function in implementing and maintaining comprehensive risk frameworks and fostering a strong risk culture has never been more important," said Erbig. "Crystal plays a vital role in helping deliver superior underwriting performance by creating these frameworks to drive risk-informed decisions. I'm delighted to have her join my team and bring her tremendous risk leadership to GRS."
As Liberty Mutual Reinsurance Chief Underwriting Officer, Rodriguez is accountable for underwriting performance across its broad set of flexible treaty reinsurance products, delivered through 18 offices across the globe. She is a 13-year veteran of Liberty Mutual, most recently serving as Liberty Specialty Markets Head of Enterprise Risk Management. Throughout her 17 years in the industry, she has successfully shaped and executed reinsurance strategies, delivered robust and consistent underwriting risk assessment and appetite, and led cross-functional international teams.
"Chantal's proven underwriting, actuarial, and enterprise risk management leadership will drive outstanding underwriting performance across Liberty Mutual Reinsurance," said Moore. "She, together with the recently announced chief underwriting officers for GRS North America and Global Surety, will help us deliver holistic solutions to clients' complex and emerging risks by bringing industry-leading products and risk expertise to every client interaction."
More on Boston Chron
- This Is Heaven - Act Accordingly
- Sydney Brachytherapy Group is the first private non-melanoma skin cancer clinic in Sydney to offer OncoBeta's Rhenium-SCT
- PermaTherm Announces Panels Delivered Quickly Program
- ASI Hosts 24th Annual iNNOVATIONS Conference and Announces Award Winners
- Long-Term Data from Omidubicel Phase 3 Trial Demonstrates Overall Survival and Sustainable Durable Outcomes for Patients with Blood Cancers at the Society of Hematologic Oncology Meeting
About Liberty Mutual Insurance
At Liberty Mutual, we believe progress happens when people feel secure. By providing protection for the unexpected and delivering it with care, we help people and businesses embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
In business since 1912, and headquartered in Boston, today we are the sixth largest global property and casualty insurer based on 2020 gross written premium. We also rank 78 on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2021 revenue. As of December 31, 2021, we had $48.2 billion in annual consolidated revenue.
We employ over 45,000 people in 29 countries and economies around the world. We offer a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, specialty lines, reinsurance, commercial multiple-peril, workers compensation, commercial automobile, general liability, surety, and commercial property.
For more information, visit www.libertymutualinsurance.com.
Contact: [email protected]
SOURCE Liberty Mutual Insurance
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Poor Hiring Processes Cause 75% of Gen Z to Abandon Promising Job Applications
- Re-Introducing Gigahurtz, DJ and Producer
- Dynamo Software Appoints New CTO From Charles River® to Lead FinTech Strategy, Engineering & Integration
- Gamida Cell Announces Pricing of Approximately $20 Million Public Offering of Ordinary Shares
- H2O Podcaster Launches SuperWaterMan Art Project To Inspire Action
- Gamida Cell Announces Launch of Public Offering of Ordinary Shares
- QP Extends Lead in Social Access Apps with Latest Release
- Holistic, Flexible Patient Journey Model Replaces Traditional Clinical Pathway Thinking in New Advisory Brief
- JG.Limited's Frontiers of Flight auction, Oct. 18, celebrates 100+ years of space & aviation history
- Women Veterans Giving is Recognizing a Woman Veteran with the Annual Melissa Washington Small Business Award on October 6
- Boston: New Mural Honoring 100th Anniversary of King Tut Tomb Discovery
- Boston Public Health Commission Hosting Mass Vaccination Clinic Saturday
- Boston: Traffic Advisory for October 1 and October 2, 2022
- Leading Solo VC K2 Global Raises $300 Million to Invest in Start-ups Globally
- Harbour BioMed Announces First Subject Dosed in Phase I Study of Next-Gen Anti-TSLP Fully Human Monoclonal Antibody
- Wasabi Technologies Closes $250 Million in New Funding to Usher In the Future of Cloud Storage
- London skin cancer patients undergo first treatments with OncoBeta's Rhenium-SCT as part of the EPIC-Skin study
- Cohere Capital Announces Promotions and New Team Member
- KiwiQA chosen as the preferred testing vendor by Stone & Chalk, leading Australia-based innovation Start-up & scaleup hub
- "The Opioid Project: Every Picture Tells a Story": art exhibit held at the Nave Gallery