- Awake! Ye Sisters All: Sisterhood in Boston's Women's Voter Registers
- Boston: Inaugural Cohort of Young Black Leaders Announced
- See what our March partners are offering now!
"With the addition of Attorney Jubinville, Massachusetts will receive a well-qualified candidate for the judiciary," said Governor Charlie Baker. "I am proud to submit his nomination to the Governor's Council."
"Attorney Jubinville possesses decades of experience in law that make him a well-suited candidate for the Framingham District Court," said Lt. Governor Karyn Polito. "We look forward to the advice and consent of the Governor's Council."
The District Court hears a wide range of criminal, civil, housing, juvenile, mental health, and other types of cases. District Court criminal jurisdiction extends to all felonies punishable by a sentence up to five years, and many other specific felonies with greater potential penalties; all misdemeanors; and all violations of city and town ordinances and by-laws. The District Court is located in 62 courts across the Commonwealth.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: March 2023: Latest Updates from the Mayor's Office of Housing
- Boston: April Allston/Brighton Community Center Study Meeting
- Boston: Mayor Wu Launches $750,000 Grant Fund to Support Growth of Businesses and Access to City Contracts
- Mayor Wu Announces $4 Million Investment to Expand Boston's Tuition Free Community College Program
- Boston: Meet the Fine Arts Work Center Scholarship Recipients
For more information about the District Court, visit their homepage.
Judicial nominations are subject to the advice and consent of the Governor's Council. Applicants for judicial openings are reviewed by the Judicial Nominating Commission (JNC) and recommended to the governor. Governor Baker established the JNC in February 2015 pursuant to Executive Order 558, a non-partisan, non-political Commission composed of volunteers from a cross-section of the Commonwealth's diverse population to screen judicial applications. Twenty-one members were later appointed to the JNC in April 2015.
About Robert L. Jubinville
Attorney Robert L. Jubinville began his legal career in 1979 as an attorney for Buckley, Haight, Muldoon, Jubinville before moving to Flavin & Jubinville in 1993. Since 1996, Attorney Jubinville has operated his own law office, Robert L. Jubinville, Attorney at Law. Before his legal career, Attorney Robert L. Jubinville served in the United States Army from 1968 to 1970, receiving an honorable discharge. From 1972 to 1979, he served as a Massachusetts State Police Trooper and Detective. Since 2013, Attorney Jubinville has been a member of the Massachusetts Governor's Council. Attorney Jubinville received his bachelor's degree from Suffolk University in 1973 and his juris doctor from Suffolk University Law School in 1977.
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on Boston Chron
- Boston: Ramadan Mubarak! City Council extends best wishes to Muslims
- Boston: Council Adopts Resolution to Improve Quality of Life for D7
- American University of Antigua announces its participation in the Consortium of Universities for Global Health 2023 Annual Conference
- Geostrategy.rs: The End of Free Media Era
- Introducing inSIGHT Mobile Machine Displays
- Local Real Estate Broker Offers Homeowners Cash Offer at Full Market Value with No Inspection Needed
- MaGO PR to Lead Specialized Public Relations Campaigns for the Presidio Trust
- Shima Capital's Founder Yida Gao Teaches Crypto Finance Course at MIT
- Max Amini Announces Powerful Interview with Reza Pahlavi, Former Crown Prince of Iran; to Premiere April 1st
- Independent Retirement and Investment Specialists Johnson Brunetti Expand to South Shore
- The South Shore Chamber of Commerce and NE Real Estate Journal Name Speakers for Summit
- Veterans For Trump aka VFAF: Trump Bus rolls into Georgia Ron DeSantis event overshadowing Tiny Desantis box truck at Veterans for Trump mini-rally
- Palos Verdes Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Opportune Buyers For Significantly MORE Money
- Access Control Systems Expands and Rebrands as Guardian Access Solutions as Part of Increased Service Offerings
- Peachtree Immediate Care Opens Urgent Care Clinic in Marietta
- Olga Torres Named Top Advisor by Foreign Investment Watch
- Benchmark International Scsflly Fclitd The Trnstn Btw Bagel King Wholesale and Austin Circle Partner
- Attorney Steve Hilst Named Partner at Bisnar Chase
- 26 Provider Fairview Community Health Center Transitions to Intelligent eClinicalWorks Cloud
- New xBit Digital Case Management Feature Saves Examiners Hours of Required Report Upload Time