- Blackstone Griddle Black Friday & Cyber Monday (2023): Review of Latest Griddle Offers Reported by Deal Tomato
- Woburn Dentistry Provides Comprehensive Perio Procedures From One Convenient Location
- Away Travel Luggage Cyber Monday (2023): Round-up of Latest Offers Published by Deal Stripe
The Executive Office of Health and Human Services will lead a comprehensive review, with a focus on health equity and health outcomes, that includes consideration of access to specialized services like doula care and supports for nutrition, mental health and substance use issues. An additional review will focus on regional access to essential services in the Northern Worcester County area, in the wake of the Leominster campus closure.
Governor Healey stated: "Our administration is deeply concerned about the Leominster closure and health care access generally across northern Worcester County. We are committed to ensuring that all Massachusetts residents have access to high-quality health care, including safe and equitable maternal care. We have the greatest health care system in the country, but there is work we must do to ensure that all of our residents, especially in rural communities and communities of color, have access to comprehensive maternal health care."
More on Boston Chron
- Mayor Wu Announces $1 Million in New Grant Funding to Support the Revitalization of Boston's Restaurant Industry
- Allotex Announces New Investor and Expansion of Production Facilities USA - English USA - English
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- GLCPS Sponsors Two Students to Attend Brown University Leadership Institute
- Vantiva Confirms its Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Lieutenant Governor Driscoll added: "These reviews will complement the work of our Director of Rural Affairs in making sure that we have true regional health equity and a strong health care network available in every community across Massachusetts."
Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kate Walsh, Undersecretary for Health Dr. Kiame Mahaniah and Department of Public Health (DPH) Commissioner Robbie Goldstein were instructed by Governor Healey to complete two projects by November 15th: a review of prenatal, postpartum and birthing services across the state; as well as a review of access to all essential health services in the Northern Worcester County area with a plan for improvement where needed.
Secretary Walsh commented: "We know that there is much work to be done to address racial and regional inequities in maternity care and health care across the state. We are committed to reviewing all of the factors impacting health equity, including maternal care, to improve health outcomes."
The closure of UMass Memorial's Leominster campus has raised concerns about healthcare accessibility for those living in rural areas or underserved communities. Governor Healey's order seeks to address these issues by conducting reviews on both maternal healthcare services across Massachusetts as well as essential healthcare services within Northern Worcester County. The results from these reviews will be used as guidance for policy decisions aimed at improving healthcare equity throughout Massachusetts.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Unveiling a Secluded Paradise: Beachfront Home on Dog Island, Carrabelle, Florida, Goes to Auction
- ASICS Teams Up with BlueConic for Enhanced Personalization and Data Privacy Compliance
- SalonInteractive Launches in Square App Marketplace to Provide eCommerce, Marketing & More to Beauty Professionals
- RacquetX Announces Miami Open Experience as Excitement Builds for Landmark 2024 Event
- Malta Closes Funding to Deploy Its Long-Duration Energy Storage System
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- IDC FutureScape: The Digital Business Era Has Arrived, Augmented by GenAI
- Mayor Wu Shares Boston's Winter Weather Preparations
- Labthink Introduces Cutting-Edge C406H: A Revolutionary Combination OTR and WVTR Tester
- You won't believe these amazing stories from our guest authors!
- St. Joseph's/Candler Fast Tracks Implementation of MEDITECH Expanse Ambulatory Across 100+ Providers
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of USD-Denominated Senior Notes
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- City of Boston Celebrates Grand Opening of 250 Centre Street
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- TKO Miller Advises Visu-Sewer on its Partnership With Fort Point Capital
- Vicinity Energy Steams Ahead to Sustainable Future with Arrival of 42MW Electric Boiler in Cambridge, Mass.
- Investing in Boston's Adult Learners: Adult Literacy Initiative