- Boston: SCHOOLS URGED TO REGISTER FOR THE BCYF SPELLING BEE
- Massachusetts: Governor Healey Announces Veterans Equality Review Board (VERB) to Support Veterans Discharged Under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Policy
- Sidow Sobrino Announces 12th Album, "Seminal"
The speaking program for the evening will feature a fireside chat between current Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts Kim Driscoll and former Lieutenant Governor Jane Swift, moderated by award-winning journalist Lauren Melendez from NBC10 Boston. The event will also include a comedy performance by Tooky Kavanagh.
Lieutenant Governor Kim Driscoll said, "We are thrilled to celebrate the 25th anniversary with the MCSW, an incredible organization that continues to ensure that all women and girls in the Commonwealth thrive. MCSW has and will continue to put their boots to the ground, with 19 volunteer commissioners, 11 regional bodies, and dedicated staff and interns who continue to advocate for full equality in all areas of life for women. We are thankful for their tireless dedication and look forward to honoring the past, present, and future of all women across the Commonwealth."
Former Lieutenant Governor Jane Swift added "It is hard to imagine today with all but one of our Constitutional offices held by a woman just how hard the fight for women's political representation has been in the Commonwealth. The MCSW has been fighting for representation and for what that means for the women of Massachusetts for a quarter century and their impact has been profound and crucial."
More on Boston Chron
- Jennifer Steffens, PE Joins Opti Software for Stormwater Solutions as Vice President of Marketing
- Massachusetts Selected to Host ARPA-H Hub as Part of Nationwide Health Innovation Network
- Boston: Affordable Homeownership Opportunity in Dorchester
- Boston: Latest Updates from the Mayor's Office of Housing: September 22, 2023
- Massachusetts: Governor Healey Creates Commission to Accelerate Siting and Permitting of Clean Energy Infrastructure
The gala is open to the public with proceeds from ticket sales going towards youth programming, outreach to women, as well as supporting MCSW's mission to improve the status of women over the next 25 years. In addition to supporting a great cause, attendees can look forward to networking opportunities as well as inspiring content throughout the evening.
Chairwoman Dr. Sarah Glenn-Smith said "We are grateful to our sponsors for their support, and we also welcome the public to join us to support our women and girls while enjoying an incredible evening together. We look forward to seeing you there!"
25th Anniversary Chair Denella Clark added "As chair of this committee I am honored to celebrate our 25 years of history while building this organization up so we can celebrate 25 more!"
If you are interested in attending or sponsoring this event please visit The Massachusetts Commission on The Status Of Women website or contact Executive Director Shaitia Spruell at firstname.lastname@example.org . Discount codes are available online as well as opportunities make donations online if you cannot attend in person.
On Thursday June 22nd ,the Massachusetts Commission on The Status Of Women (MCSW) will be celebrating its 25th anniversary with a gala dinner at Lombardo's in Randolph MA . This event will honor MCSW's work over these past 25 years advocating for full equality in all areas of life for women across Massachusetts .
More on Boston Chron
- The Luxe Team at Dale Sorensen Real Estate Brevard Presents 100 Ocean Condominium in Melbourne, Florida
- Boston and Providence Wendy's Celebrate National Coffee Day with Free Coffee ALL WEEK LONG
- How to Apply Online for a Loan that pays You in 24 hours
- Metro Commercial Miami Team Doubles
- Exploring the many plants and flowers at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
The speaking program will feature a fireside chat between current Lieutenant Governor Kim Driscoll ,and former Lieutenant Governor Jane Swift , moderated by award-winning journalist Lauren Melendez from NBC10 Boston . There will also be a comedy performance by Tooky Kavanagh .
Lieutenant Governor Kim Driscoll expressed her excitement about celebrating this milestone saying "We are thrilled to celebrate this anniversary with MCSW , an incredible organization that continues fighting tirelessly so that all women & girls have access & opportunity across Massachusetts" . Former Lieutenant Governor Jane Swift added "It is hard today imagining how hard it was back then fighting for representation & what it meant then & now" .
The gala is open to everyone & proceeds from ticket sales go towards youth programming , outreach programs & supporting MCSW's mission over these next 25 years . Chairwoman Dr Sarah Glenn-Smith welcomed everyone saying "We welcome everyone who wants join us & support our cause while enjoying an incredible evening together" . Denella Clark , chairwoman of this committee said she was honored celebrating these past 25 years while building up this organization so they can celebrate many more anniversaries like these .
If you want attend or sponsor this event please visit The Massachusetts Commission on The Status Of Women website or contact Executive Director Shaitia Spruell at email@example.com . Discount codes are available online as well as opportunities make donations online if you cannot attend in person .
Latest on Boston Chron
- New Study Finds Wide Disparities in Bicycle Safety Across U.S. Cities
- Free Archery Classes for Adults and Teens in Boston
- Boston: Mayor Michelle Wu Appoints Mary Skelton Roberts to the MBTA Board of Directors
- Gaslight Studios Announces Acceptance Into Maestro Management Consulting Consortium
- Wellsboro, Pennsylvania Named Ninth Best Fall Town in the U.S. for Foliage
- Actionstep Acquires North American Legal Accounting Platform Soluno
- Boston: October is Italian-American Heritage Month
- RelyMD Bolsters its Telehealth Platform with Mental Health Services via CuraLinc Partnership
- Announcing INVIDICUM, the latest novel by Michael Brodsky
- Live Good Inc. Celebrates Diversity and Unity: A Beacon of Progress in the Spirit of Crissy Field, Angel Island and the Buffalo Soldiers
- Knobull Makes Sure That Job Seekers Stand Out In The Crowded Market
- AMERICAST Provides PreCast Pads to Charge Stations
- Boston Area Oom Yung Doe Martial Arts Schools Host the Master Level Teaching Team
- Massachusetts: Governor Healey Orders Statewide Maternal Health Review to Ensure Equitable Care in All Communities
- Massachusetts: Healey-Driscoll Administration Secures More Than $108 Million for Train Corridor Improvements Between Springfield and Worcester
- Sheila Stubbs Taylor of Detroit music royalty is "Chasing" on new single
- Sidow Sobrino Announces 12th Album, "Seminal"
- Boston Public Health Commission Encourages People to Get the Flu Shot Ahead of Flu Season
- Asha Therapeutics Selected as a BLUE KNIGHT™ Company by Johnson & Johnson Innovation and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA)
- Heartland Soccer Association and VidSport Launch Groundbreaking Live Streaming Service at Garmin Olathe Soccer Complex