- In The Spirit Entertainment Announces Love And Sip 3 Holiday Event In Dallas Texas
- ATTIA: Scientists Confirm Essential Oils Unrelated to Hormone Disruption
- Are you ready to get started in Canadian real estate wholesaling?
"I am honored to be part of bringing the first new firehouse in three decades to this community. This building represents an important investment in essential neighborhood services. Emergency responders deserve the highest standard of health and safety measures, and I am proud this new building will take their wellbeing into account," said Janey. "I look forward to many years of this firehouse serving as a place for our firefighters to live, train, and bravely serve the residents of Roxbury and the entire city."
A priority for the new firehouse is the health and safety of Boston Fire Department firefighters. As part of the design and construction, the building minimizes particulate contaminants from traveling to the living quarters of the building. The new building will be segmented into three zones (hot, warm and cold) to keep carcinogens from circulating throughout the house.
More on Boston Chron
- Best Black Friday & Cyber Monday Luggage Deals 2021: Samsonite, Rimowa, Protege & Briggs and Riley Sales Shared by Consumer Walk
- Samsung Phone Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2021: Galaxy S21, S20, Note20, S10, Z Fold3 & Z Flip3 Sales Tracked by Save Bubble
- Best Cyber Monday Deals 2021- Continue Discount With Black Friday In Nadula
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Apple Watch Deals 2021: Apple Watch Series 4, 5, SE, 6 & Series 7 Sales Compared by Save Bubble
- Best Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sonos Speaker Deals (2021): Top Sonos One, Sonos Beam & More Savings Rounded Up by Deal Tomato
The completed Engine 42, Rescue 2, District 9 firehouse includes:
- Three extended apparatus bays, allowing more BFD tactical rescue equipment to be housed at the location
- 25 seat training room, allowing BFD to keep tactical rescue companies up to date on latest training, and keeping them closer to their houses, instead of training on Moon Island
- Training deck on the roof, confined space training prop, and training stair tower to allow for simulated training exercises onsite
- Fitness room to promote wellness
- 14 bunk rooms to house two companies
- Energy efficient building designed to LEED Silver requirements
- White roof that will be solar ready
- High efficiency mechanical systems, LED lighting
Additionally, the City of Boston is commissioning an artist to create a long-term public artwork to complement the construction of the Engine 42 fire station. This project is funded by the City's Percent for Art program, which commissions one percent of the City's capital borrowing for the creation of public art. The artwork at Engine 42 will be a site-specific, impactful, focal design feature that aims to enrich the connection between the Boston Fire Department and the surrounding Egleston and Roxbury communities.
More on Boston Chron
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Verizon Deals 2021: Apple iPad, iPhone, Watch & More Savings Researched by Retail Egg
- YETI Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals (2021): Top YETI Rambler, Hopper, Tundra & More Savings Found by Consumer Walk
- Breaking The Chains Foundation x Jillian Rose Reed How To Love Yourselfie Holiday Stocking Stuffers
- Best Black Friday & Cyber Monday AT&T iPhone Deals (2021): iPhone SE, XR, 8, 11, 12 & 13 Deals Identified by The Consumer Post
- Sell Your Boynton Beach House For Top Dollar Without The Hassles Of Listing It!
The FY22-26 Capital Plan includes other health and safety improvements to firehouse projects as a result of recent programming. Starting in FY16, the Fire Department, in conjunction with the Public Facilities Department, studied best practices for firehouse design. Key design changes include defined zones within the firehouse to prevent contamination of living areas, along with improved personal and gear cleaning facilities. The results of this planning are reflected in the projects to replace firehouses for Engine 42 in Roxbury and Engine 17 in Dorchester, at a total investment of $48 million. The firehouses for Engine 3 in the South End and Engine 37 on Huntington Avenue are also scheduled to be replaced.
The 2.5 story building is 23,000 square feet, replacing the previous single story, 6,400 square foot firehouse, which opened in 1952. As the firehouse was under construction, operations had been reallocated to 121 Armory Street, which is 0.2 miles from the fire station.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Best Hoverboard Black Friday Deals (2021): Best Segway, Swagtron, GOTRAX & More Deals Reviewed by Consumer Articles
- The Power of Gratitude Everyday Not Just Thanksgiving
- Mission MightyMe Gives Back and Announces Deals for Cyber Week
- Best Black Friday Table Saw Deals (2021): Milwaukee, SawStop & More Deals Published by Save Bubble
- The Best Black Friday Philips Hue Deals 2021: Strip Lights, Smart Light Bulbs & More Deals Researched by Retail Fuse
- Ship, Logos Hope Docks in Sierra Leone and Helps All For One Foundation Deliver Help Beyond Hope!
- Mayor Wu Announces Extended Deadline To Apply for Four-Year Term on Boston School Committee
- Black Friday Away Deals (2021): Best Away Suitcase, Luggage, Carry-On & Travel Bag Deals Published by Retail Egg
- Wilmington Trust Expands Boston's Wealth Management Team; Extending Reach Across Boston and Massachusetts Territory
- Best Black Friday Milwaukee Tools Deals 2021: Best Tools & Equipment Sales Shared by Deal Stripe
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces Outdoor Dining Extended to December 31, 2021
- The MVP of PR, Deidre Gaskin, Launches New Website for Athletes, Entrepreneurs and Aspiring Publicists
- The Best Hosting Black Friday Deals (2021): Top WP Engine, Bluehost, Dreamhost, SiteGround & More Web Hosting Deals Listed by Consumer Walk
- Academic Search Engine Knobull Helps Students Learn More In Less Time And Lower Cost
- 5G: IDTechEx Summarize 2021 and What to Expect Going Forward
- Web Hosting Black Friday Deals 2021: Best SiteGround, Namecheap, Dreamhost, Bluehost & Hostinger Sales Monitored by Retail Egg
- The Best DJI Black Friday Deals (2021): Top DJI Drone & Camera Deals Summarized by Saver Trends
- OncoBeta launches International Registry for Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer
- PTC and Rockwell Automation Issue Statement in Response to Berenberg Capital Markets Research Report
- Black Friday Beats Studio Buds Deals (2021): True Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds Savings Published by Save Bubble