- Blackstone Griddle Black Friday & Cyber Monday (2023): Review of Latest Griddle Offers Reported by Deal Tomato
- Woburn Dentistry Provides Comprehensive Perio Procedures From One Convenient Location
- Away Travel Luggage Cyber Monday (2023): Round-up of Latest Offers Published by Deal Stripe
"Every Bostonian deserves affordable, accessible housing. The Rapid Rehousing program will empower our returning citizens to not just reintegrate but also thrive in their communities," said Mayor Wu. "I'm excited to see how these grants will support the City's mission to build trust and rapport with constituents in our efforts to combat recidivism."
The ORC is encouraging applicant organizations to build comprehensive support systems that will help returning citizens stay stably housed. These programs should be designed to accommodate various needs such as financial literacy, job training, health care access, legal advocacy, family reunification and educational services. David Mayo, Executive Director of the Mayor's Office of Returning Citizens said "We are excited to be able to work with our non-profit partners to provide housing support to returning citizens. Stable housing is key to preventing recidivism and this boost of support will help many get back on their feet."
More on Boston Chron
- Mayor Wu Announces $1 Million in New Grant Funding to Support the Revitalization of Boston's Restaurant Industry
- Allotex Announces New Investor and Expansion of Production Facilities USA - English USA - English
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- GLCPS Sponsors Two Students to Attend Brown University Leadership Institute
- Vantiva Confirms its Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
According to the Boston Reentry Study completed by the Harvard Kennedy School's Rappaport Institute more than one in three of all returning citizens are either unhoused or living in unstable housing six months after release from prison; after one year nearly half are unhoused or living in unstable housing. The RRH grant provides critical support as rents continue to rise in the City of Boston. It will provide a step-down approach initially covering up 100 percent of rent gradually reducing depending on ability to pay.
José F Massó Chief of Human Services said "This grant opportunity is another example of Boston seeing a need and meeting it through an innovative partnership strategy." Applications for the Rapid Rehousing Grant are now open with proposals due by October 25 2023 and a virtual information session on September 6 2023 from 9-11am where interested applicants can register here. Awards likely ranging from $550 000 - $1 100 000 depending on application and capacity of organization with announcement later this fall.
The ORC understands importance addressing barriers advocacy and fostering strong partnerships creating positive social impact and collaborative initiatives envisioning a Boston where returning citizens can return families flourish communities regain sense dignity more information about ORC resources visit here.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Unveiling a Secluded Paradise: Beachfront Home on Dog Island, Carrabelle, Florida, Goes to Auction
- ASICS Teams Up with BlueConic for Enhanced Personalization and Data Privacy Compliance
- SalonInteractive Launches in Square App Marketplace to Provide eCommerce, Marketing & More to Beauty Professionals
- RacquetX Announces Miami Open Experience as Excitement Builds for Landmark 2024 Event
- Malta Closes Funding to Deploy Its Long-Duration Energy Storage System
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- IDC FutureScape: The Digital Business Era Has Arrived, Augmented by GenAI
- Mayor Wu Shares Boston's Winter Weather Preparations
- Labthink Introduces Cutting-Edge C406H: A Revolutionary Combination OTR and WVTR Tester
- You won't believe these amazing stories from our guest authors!
- St. Joseph's/Candler Fast Tracks Implementation of MEDITECH Expanse Ambulatory Across 100+ Providers
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of USD-Denominated Senior Notes
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- City of Boston Celebrates Grand Opening of 250 Centre Street
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- TKO Miller Advises Visu-Sewer on its Partnership With Fort Point Capital
- Vicinity Energy Steams Ahead to Sustainable Future with Arrival of 42MW Electric Boiler in Cambridge, Mass.
- Investing in Boston's Adult Learners: Adult Literacy Initiative