- Boston: SCHOOLS URGED TO REGISTER FOR THE BCYF SPELLING BEE
- Massachusetts: Governor Healey Announces Veterans Equality Review Board (VERB) to Support Veterans Discharged Under "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Policy
- Sidow Sobrino Announces 12th Album, "Seminal"
"Every Bostonian deserves affordable, accessible housing. The Rapid Rehousing program will empower our returning citizens to not just reintegrate but also thrive in their communities," said Mayor Wu. "I'm excited to see how these grants will support the City's mission to build trust and rapport with constituents in our efforts to combat recidivism."
The ORC is encouraging applicant organizations to build comprehensive support systems that will help returning citizens stay stably housed. These programs should be designed to accommodate various needs such as financial literacy, job training, health care access, legal advocacy, family reunification and educational services. David Mayo, Executive Director of the Mayor's Office of Returning Citizens said "We are excited to be able to work with our non-profit partners to provide housing support to returning citizens. Stable housing is key to preventing recidivism and this boost of support will help many get back on their feet."
More on Boston Chron
- SK Biopharmaceuticals' Proteovant Therapeutics Presents Preclinical Data on IKZF2 Protein Degrader Program and MOPED™ Molecular Glue Screening Platform at the 20th Annual Discovery on Target Conference
- Samuel Adams Just Unlocked Beer Lovers' Phobia: Cenosillicaphobia
- Jennifer Steffens, PE Joins Opti Software for Stormwater Solutions as Vice President of Marketing
- Massachusetts Selected to Host ARPA-H Hub as Part of Nationwide Health Innovation Network
- Boston: Affordable Homeownership Opportunity in Dorchester
According to the Boston Reentry Study completed by the Harvard Kennedy School's Rappaport Institute more than one in three of all returning citizens are either unhoused or living in unstable housing six months after release from prison; after one year nearly half are unhoused or living in unstable housing. The RRH grant provides critical support as rents continue to rise in the City of Boston. It will provide a step-down approach initially covering up 100 percent of rent gradually reducing depending on ability to pay.
José F Massó Chief of Human Services said "This grant opportunity is another example of Boston seeing a need and meeting it through an innovative partnership strategy." Applications for the Rapid Rehousing Grant are now open with proposals due by October 25 2023 and a virtual information session on September 6 2023 from 9-11am where interested applicants can register here. Awards likely ranging from $550 000 - $1 100 000 depending on application and capacity of organization with announcement later this fall.
The ORC understands importance addressing barriers advocacy and fostering strong partnerships creating positive social impact and collaborative initiatives envisioning a Boston where returning citizens can return families flourish communities regain sense dignity more information about ORC resources visit here.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Metro Commercial Miami Team Doubles
- Exploring the many plants and flowers at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
- Partners Sought for Research on History and Legacy of Slavery in Boston
- Wave2 Launches New Dynamic Data Integration Features to Elevate Bank and Credit Union Convenience
- Texas Advocacy Project Aids 10k+ Abuse Victims Annually; Offers Subject Matter Experts for Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Higi Selects ThoroughCare to Assist in Managing Chronically Ill Patients
- Introducing Stack & Sprout: The Revolutionary Vertical Plant Growing System for Urban Gardeners
- Novo Nordisk and Evotec collaborate to launch LAB eN², a translational drug discovery accelerator, to address innovation gap in cardiometabolic diseases
- NETSCOUT Identified Nearly 7.9 Million DDoS Attacks in 1H2023 According to Its Latest DDoS Threat Intelligence Report
- Introducing the State-of-the-Art National Security Operations Center: Enhancing Safety and Vigilance Nationwide
- August 2023 Financial Market Review
- Lane Music Partners with Nashville International Chopin Piano Competition
- A New Autobiographical Play Premiere "Providence Of The Heart" Affirms Life Is Truly Eternal
- Steamship Authority Electrifies Fleet with BYD | RIDE Zero-Emission Buses
- Museum of Science, Boston and Big Sister Association of Greater Boston Partner to Bring Free Museum Admission to Girls and Mentors
- Boston: Affordable Homeownership Opportunity in Roxbury
- HubSpot Named a Leader in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for B2B Marketing Automation Platforms for the Third Consecutive Year
- New Study Finds Wide Disparities in Bicycle Safety Across U.S. Cities
- Free Archery Classes for Adults and Teens in Boston
- Boston: Mayor Michelle Wu Appoints Mary Skelton Roberts to the MBTA Board of Directors