- Massachusetts: Governor Maura Healey Lifts States of Emergency
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces New Roxbury Neighborhood Liaison, Asha Janay
- Boston: Councilor Sharon Durkan Delivers Her Maiden Speech
Humber River Hospital (Toronto, ON) is the first site to deploy e-prescribing and is forecast to go LIVE this fall. According to Dr. Zaki Ahmed, Chief of Staff at Humber River Hospital, "Physicians want the benefits of e-prescribing. By eliminating the need for faxes and phone calls to pharmacists, they will see significant time savings. This will also help us to improve safety by reducing transcription errors and cutting the potential for prescription fraud. Patients will also save time as there will no longer be a need to drop off prescriptions. Instead, they will be filled and ready for pick up when they arrive at the pharmacy."
More on Boston Chron
- Sidow Sobrino Announces 12th Album, "Seminal"
- Boston Public Health Commission Encourages People to Get the Flu Shot Ahead of Flu Season
- Asha Therapeutics Selected as a BLUE KNIGHT™ Company by Johnson & Johnson Innovation and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA)
- Heartland Soccer Association and VidSport Launch Groundbreaking Live Streaming Service at Garmin Olathe Soccer Complex
- Massachusetts Wins Proposal to Host Northeast Microelectronics Hub through Federal CHIPS and Science Act
Canada Health Infoway is a government funded, not-for-profit organization working with Health Canada, provinces and territories, and industry stakeholders to create, operate, and maintain PrescribeIT®. Jamie Bruce, Executive Vice President of Infoway said "This is a transformational project that involves working with many different organizations toward the shared goal of improving healthcare in Canada. We are pleased to have MEDITECH join this group to provide its customers with e-prescribing, as well as the time and safety benefits it offers."
Bob Molloy, Director of Canadian Market and Product Strategy at MEDITECH added "We are very excited to join Canada Health Infoway's national service and work together with Humber River Hospital to implement this new solution. The difference that e-prescribing can make for patients, their care providers, and healthcare organizations cannot be overestimated."
MEDITECH plans on rolling out additional sites in early 2024. With this partnership between MEDITECH and Canada Health Infoway comes great potential for improved healthcare in Canada through increased efficiency from e-prescribing services.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- HERITAGE FINANCIAL A BARRON'S TOP 100 INDEPENDENT ADVISOR
- Trinity Prairie Real Estate Lists Mesmerizing 16.78-Acre Estate in Colleyville, Texas
- Boston: THE MARY ELIZA PROJECT: WARD 16 VOTER RECORDS NOW AVAILABLE
- Mayor Wu announces a new pilot program to decarbonize Boston's housing stock
- Boston: SCHOOLS URGED TO REGISTER FOR THE BCYF SPELLING BEE
- ACEC/MA Announces Gold Engineering Excellence Award Winners for 2023
- Rhody Rug Revolutionizes Online Shopping Experience with the Launch of their New Direct-to-Consumer Website
- Keches Law Group Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America
- Long Island businessman turned recording artist, John Beyer, to release his first love song aptly titled, …"Love You More"
- The 2023 CGI Integrated Care Conference Explores Opportunities in Healthcare Improvement Discovered as a Result of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- CVS Health appoints Michael F. Mahoney to its Board of Directors
- Exploring the World of Web3? Lympid Puts Users Front and Center
- JetBlue Adds Amsterdam Service from Boston Starting Today
- Boston: Mayor Wu, Secretary Ed Augustus, and MassHousing Celebrate the Grand Opening of B'Nai B'rith Housing's Parkway 1208 in West Roxbury
- "Regenerating Life": documentary film challenges current assumptions about climate change
- Aadi Bioscience Announces Poster Presentations at 2023 AACR-NCI-EORTC International Conference on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics
- Massachusetts Receives More than $22 Million from USDA to Expand Access to Trees and Green Space
- Flint's Got Talent Returns To Showcase Creativity In Community
- Boston: Chemist Applications Available On Fire Prevention Portal Starting October 1, 2023
- Autonomous eVTOLs $25 Billion Market by 2030