- Telco Systems and albis-elcon Partner to Boost Rollout of Service Virtualization on Telecommunications Networks USA - English USA - English
- JetQuay Launches Private Swab Test Facility, Halves Custom Clearance Timing
- OS-Independent, License-Free On-Chip SAE J1939 Protocol Stack for Embedded, Linux, and Windows Systems
Council President O'Malley, who grew up in Roslindale and graduated from Boston Latin School and George Washington University, began his public service career as a high school intern for City Councilor Peggy Davis-Mullen. He was first elected as City Councilor on November 16, 2010 in a special election.
"Twenty-five years ago, I served as an intern for the Boston City Council. Today, as I wrap up my ten year career, I will lead this body as your President Pro Tempore. Words cannot express how grateful I am for this opportunity, and how excited I am for the opportunity to support this Body and our City," said Council President O'Malley.
Council President O'Malley served as political director for MassEquality, a LGBTQ advocacy organization for marriage equality. He was a campaign manager to help elect the Commonwealth's first woman of color Suffolk County Sheriff Andrea Cabral. He has served as a member of the Charles H. Farnsworth Housing Corporation, the Edward Ingersoll Browne Fund, Habitat for Humanity, Greater Boston, Project Hope and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and is a Trustee for the Boston Latin School Association.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Demolition Delay Application: 3474-3476 Washington Street, Jamaica Plain
- Boston: Demolition Delay Application: 2-4 King Street, Dorchester
- Marion Bauer's Sonata, Op.22 – transcribed for Alto Saxophone
- HarborOne Bancorp, Inc. Announces Share Repurchase Program
- Fandangos & the New World: Concert and Conversation
On the City Council, Council President O'Malley is the Chair of Environment, Resiliency, and Parks Committee. He has led on environmental initiatives such as promoting net zero carbon building standards, eliminating gas leaks and single-use plastic bags, as well as diverting organics through curbside composting in the City of Boston. As the Council President, he will now Chair the Committee of the Whole and the Committee of Rules and Administration.
Some of his other work includes various public health, economic, and social issues including but not limited to Senior Silver Alert System, free sunscreen in Boston's parks and playgrounds, banning the sale of animals in the City of Boston, affordable housing zoning relief, and conducting safe and accessible elections amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Council President O'Malley stated that the job of a Council President is to "set the right tone." His priorities for this year include a resilient COVID-19 recovery for every Boston resident -- from students and frontline workers to small businesses owners.
He currently lives in West Roxbury with his wife, Kathryn and daughter, Margot.
The Boston City Council, their staff and Central Staff congratulate Council President O'Malley and look forward to the year ahead under his leadership.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Boston: Mayor Janey releases Request for Proposals for technical assistance programs for cannabis equity applicants
- As Legalization Expands, Tower Payments' Founder Expects Massive Growth in Their Online Headshop Payment Processing Solutions
- Entegris Announces Proposed $400 Million Senior Unsecured Notes Offering
- Academic Search Engine Knobull Promotes The Value Of Education
- Evobrutinib is the First and Only BTK Inhibitor to Demonstrate Reduction of a Key Biomarker of Neuronal Damage and Inflammation in Patients with MS
- Singer, Songwriter, Pianist, Isabel Marcheselli Garners Generous Grant Support
- International Fine and Decorative Art Auction April 24-25
- Strategy Analytics: Global Smartphone Revenues to Spike 13% in 2021
- #1 Billboard Jazz Artist Ski Johnson to Release 10th Studio Album and Tell All Movie
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Files Legislation to Improve Public Safety and Data Reporting Requirements for Transportation Network Companies
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- Boston: Registration open for inaugural Roxbury Poetry Festival
- Boston: Swan Boats open May 8
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- Jumpstart for Young Children Welcomes Dr. Thomas A. Parham to its National Board of Directors
- Dynatrace named a Leader in 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring
- Dynatrace Receives Highest Scores Across 4 of 5 Use Cases in 2021 Gartner Critical Capabilities for Application Performance Monitoring Report
- TribalVision Welcomes Equity Partner Rahul Bansal to its Leadership Team
- Riverside Partners' Managed IT and Cybersecurity Service Platform Completes Merger with ASK to Expand Market Leadership to the Midwest
- Iron Mountain Signs Leases for Six Megawatts with Fortune 100 Technology Customer at AZP-2 Data Center in Phoenix