- Boston: Disparity study completed; executive order signed establishing goals for minority- and woman-owned businesses
- Boston: Mayor Walsh announces completion of disparity study, signs executive order establishing goals for minority- and woman-owned businesses
- Legacy Gospel Series Project - New Previously Unreleased Recordings
Noble nurses, along with Massachusetts Jobs with Justice and community supporters, have also delivered a public petition with more than 1,000 signatures urging Baystate Health CEO Dr. Mark Keroack to agree to a fair contract with Noble nurses that values the care they provide and improves and preserves local, quality care. That petition can be seen at bit.ly/supportnoblenurses and media can request a copy of the petition by emailing [email protected].
More on Boston Chron
- Syxsense Announces Integration with Microsoft Office 365
- Charles River Laboratories Announces Strategic Partnership with Kibur Medical to Advance Preclinical Oncology Studies
- Launch of Trace One E-Sourcing Will Boost Retailers' Private Label Speed to Market
- Veristat Expands Global Service Capability in Biometrics with Acquisition of SQN Clinical
- City of Boston annual healthcare enrollment 2021
Light Brigade RN Action
Where: On the Route 291 overpass on Chestnut Street in Springfield between Sacred Heart Church and the Baystate Health HQ at 280 Chestnut Street.
When: 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 27
Who: Nurses from Baystate Noble Hospital and Baystate Home Health, family, friends, and community supporters. All are welcome to join.
"We have tirelessly cared for members of our community during this pandemic, putting ourselves and our family members at risk for COVID-19 infection to keep patients safe," said Paul Dubin, RN and MNA Co-Chair at Noble Hospital. "High infection rates and recurring surges show the intense challenges and risks we still face. Yet nearly a year after our nurses started negotiating, Baystate Health still will not agree to a contract that values our hard work and allows Noble Hospital to recruit and retain the nurses it needs."
"The pandemic has put a tremendous strain on home health caregivers and our patients," said Christina Ribeiro, a nurse with Baystate Home Health and Co-Chair of the MNA Bargaining Committee. "Throughout the last year, Baystate Home Health nurses have put everything we have into caring for our patients under extremely challenging circumstances, and now our employer wants to take away sick time and make our working conditions even harder. We feel completely disrespected and concerned for our patients, who need enough healthy, experienced nurses to care for them."
More on Boston Chron
- New Video Streaming Startup, Relax Scenes, Launches Indiegogo Campaign to Support Their Expansion
- American Tower Corporation to Present at the Raymond James 42nd Annual Institutional Investors Conference
- Changes to City of Boston Non-Medicare health plans
- Bronx DWI Lawyer Announces New Website
- Recording Artist "Cherne" Crystal Brown auditions for Sony Music, Atlantic Records and Capitol Records and it doesn't stop there
Additional information on Baystate Noble nurses' fight for the future of their community hospital: www.massnurses.org/NobleInfo.
MassNurses.org │ Facebook.com/MassNurses │ Twitter.com/MassNurses │ Instagram.com/MassNurses
Founded in 1903, the Massachusetts Nurses Association is the largest union of registered nurses in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Its 23,000 members advance the nursing profession by fostering high standards of nursing practice, promoting the economic and general welfare of nurses in the workplace, projecting a positive and realistic view of nursing, and by lobbying the Legislature and regulatory agencies on health care issues affecting nurses and the public.
SOURCE Massachusetts Nurses Association
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Boston: Street sweeping, ticketing enforcement for expired inspection stickers and vehicle registration to resume
- City of Boston announces street sweeping; ticketing enforcement for expired inspection stickers and vehicle registration to resume
- Fennemore Names New Office Managing Partners, Practice Group Leaders & Chief Diversity Officer
- Wohler adds to their iVAM range with the launch of the iVAM2-2
- To Supply Chains and Beyond: Blue Yonder Expands Five-Year Partnership with Matter, Enlisting Full Suite of PR + Marketing Offerings
- Optimal Empowers Procurement Teams with Expert Best Practices
- Strategy Analytics: Service Robot Sales Volumes Surge as Covid-19 Pandemic Drives Demand.
- BEYOND GUANTANAMO: Louisiana Candidate for Congress blazes trail to freedom for U.S. political prisoners
- Reward Gateway Announces Two-Way Integration With Microsoft Teams to Enable Instant Employee Recognition
- The love of a teacher: Wilhelmina Crosson and Boston's first remedial studies program
- Boston: 67 projects totaling more than $25.5 million recommended for Community Preservation Act funding
- Hologic Completes Acquisition of Biotheranostics, Enabling Entry into Growing Oncology Market
- 8th Annual American Reality TV Awards - ARTAS Official Nominations
- Boston: Mayor Walsh recommends 67 projects, totaling over $25.5 million in funding through Community Preservation Act
- Thirst for Japanese Whisky Strong as New Standards Set
- HD Physical Therapy Announces Two New Team Members
- Boston: Parks welcomes five full-time Rangers
- PEVO Sports Co. was recently awarded two GSA contracts with Brian Peterson and the Government Marketplace LLC team's assistance
- Skyhook to Provide E-911 and Location Positioning for Coolpad Americas Upcoming Mobile Phone Product
- eCollections Debt Management Platform Announces New Business Import Tool