- Sidow Sobrino's New Song and Video Celebrating Christ at Christmas Is Out Now
- Theragun Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2022: Top Percussion Massager, RecoveryAir Compression Machine & More Sales Found by Retail Egg
- The Secret to Moving to London from the USA
- Molecular Loop Monkeypox Research panels now available for large-scale viral surveillance
- Simple 4-step, single-tube workflow, with 7800+ probes targeting the full genome
WOBURN, Mass., Sept. 28, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Molecular Loop Biosciences, Inc., announced today that it has launched monkeypox targeting panels to support researchers conducting monkeypox viral surveillance and variant discovery. The Molecular Loop Monkeypox Research Panel is a complete library prep solution that offers comprehensive coverage of the monkeypox genome within a simple, 4-step workflow. Kits are available and optimized for both short-read Illumina sequencing and long-read Pacific Biosciences sequencing. Redundant probe tiling technology allows for the detection of emerging variants while alleviating the concern of amplicon or allele dropouts that can occur in an amplicon workflow.
More on Boston Chron
- After six years, Voice of the Faithful review shows some bishops clearly committed to financial transparency
- Boston: Events, Resources and Volunteer Opportunities for the Holidays
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Modified Boat Hook to Increase Visibility (BEC-229)
- Wolters Kluwer adds medication tray management solution to Simplifi+ Compliance Suite
- Play time for edge computing is over—full scale deployments in 2023, predicts IOTech
"From the COVID-19 pandemic to the uptick in monkeypox virus, large-scale surveillance is a critical tool to understand and combat emerging pathogens as they mutate and spread through the population. We are excited that our technology not only improves the quality of the data generated by these surveillance efforts, but because of its simplified workflow and robustness to variation, allows more focus to be placed on those data, and less on the lab work needed to generate them" said Greg Porreca, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Molecular Loop.
The Molecular Loop Monkeypox Research Panels contain 7800+ probes, each with a unique binding site, that generate overlapping amplicons tiled along the full length of the monkeypox genome. This redundancy in targeting aims to ensure that every base is captured and sequenced even when the sample genome harbors variants that would interfere with single-amplicon approaches. "Surveillance of SARS-CoV-2 has proven that our probe tiling strategy is invaluable, as it is far more robust than amplicon approaches for detecting emerging variants. We're excited to continue supporting the infectious disease community with everything from influenza to Ebola surveillance" said Eric Boyden, Co-Founder and Chief Scientific Officer of Molecular Loop.
More on Boston Chron
- The Mary Eliza Project: South Boston Voter Records Now Available
- Rapport International Receives IWEC Foundation Award
- Knobull Recommends Techniques To Get Excellent Grades In College
- BJ's Wholesale Club Announces Retail Media Program: BJ's Media Edge™
- Aura Biosciences Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock
About Molecular Loop
Molecular Loop provides customized, targeted next-generation sequencing solutions using its novel molecular inversion probe technology, delivering industry-leading workflow simplicity without sacrificing data quality. The company is leveraging its technology and deep genomics expertise to accelerate innovations in life sciences and make advancements in personalized healthcare. The team is passionate about making it easier than ever for labs to harness the power of genomic technology and make genetic testing more broadly accessible.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
MOLECULAR LOOP is a trademark of Molecular Loop Biosciences, Inc. All other product names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Molecular Loop Biosciences, Inc.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Boston: November 2022: Latest Updates from the Mayor's Office of Housing
- Food Gardening Magazine Publishes December Garden-to-Table for the Holidays Issue
- Barcoding, Inc. Joins Zebra Technologies' PartnerConnect Mobile Robotics Specialization
- BostonGene to Present at the 2022 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium
- Advantage Anywhere Launches a Joint Venture and Licensing Partner Program for the Senior Living Industry
- Oxford Global Resources Expands Capabilities in Workday® with Acquisition of Hale International
- LOCUS ROBOTICS ANNOUNCES $117 MILLION IN SERIES F FUNDING, BRINGING ITS VALUATION CLOSE TO $2 BILLION USA - English USA - English
- Cyber Monday Christmas Tree Deals 2022: Top Pre-Lit, Non-Lit, Artificial, Decorated & More Deals Found by Retail Egg
- Revolution Healthcare Acquisition Corp. Will Redeem Public Shares
- Sojazzie Home Girl of Delgado Realty & Real African Art Gallery's Home For The Holidays Give Back
- Jason Halbert Exits Apollo Health Products to Expand 3Back Group
- Dr. Ara Stepanyan Joins The Brattle Group's Tax Controversy & Transfer Pricing Practice
- Medcase & NTT DATA Sign a Definitive Agreement to Enable Healthcare AI Developers a Holistic Solution to Access, Annotate, and Label Critical Imaging Data
- Kurt Thompson to Open RE/MAX Office in Westminster
- Siete Canciones populares Españolas by Manuel de Falla transcribed for Alto Flute
- DONNER SUPPORTS MUSIC EDUCATION WITH SPECIAL CONCERT & SYMPOSIUM AT BERKLEE SCHOOL OF MUSIC
- Kopin Announces its Participation in the 11th Annual NYC Summit Investor Event on December 13th, 2022
- The New England Center for Children and Simmons University Celebrate 30 Years of Special Education
- Boston: 'An Utterly Unjust Interference': The BootBlack Women of Bromfield Street FIght for Their Jobs
- Demand for Workhuman's Employee Recognition Software Continues; Expands Dublin Headquarters and Announces New Board Member