- Blackstone Griddle Black Friday & Cyber Monday (2023): Review of Latest Griddle Offers Reported by Deal Tomato
- Woburn Dentistry Provides Comprehensive Perio Procedures From One Convenient Location
- Away Travel Luggage Cyber Monday (2023): Round-up of Latest Offers Published by Deal Stripe
The benefits package offers free admission to the Museum for two people, including access to the exhibit halls and live presentations. The Museum will also keep registered "Bigs" updated on special events and current, upcoming, and outgoing exhibitions through monthly emails.
The partnership will be formally launched on Sunday, October 1 at 11am with a ceremony at the Museum. Big and Little Sisters are invited to join the celebration and then enjoy free time to explore the Museum.
Annissa Essaibi George, president and CEO of Big Sister Association of Greater Boston said: "Big Sister Boston has always enjoyed a great relationship with the Museum of Science through our Big for A Day events and providing free tickets to our matches. This new program is a perfect extension of our partnership with the Museum as we look to continue to provide STEM opportunities to girls and to inspire them to reach their full potential."
More on Boston Chron
- Mayor Wu Announces $1 Million in New Grant Funding to Support the Revitalization of Boston's Restaurant Industry
- Allotex Announces New Investor and Expansion of Production Facilities USA - English USA - English
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- GLCPS Sponsors Two Students to Attend Brown University Leadership Institute
- Vantiva Confirms its Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Tim Ritchie, president of the Museum of Science said: "The Museum of Science is deeply committed to empowering women and girls to see themselves as active participants in all areas of science and technology. This responsibility extends beyond those who have an affinity for STEM fields to those who have not yet discovered their own STEM passions. We are grateful to Big Sister Boston and their incredible mentors for helping open doors and make space for the next generation of science innovators."
This partnership comes at a time when educators and community groups across America are exploring ways address the ongoing STEM gender gap. According to a 2023 report from National Science Board, women comprise just 35 percent of the STEM workforce.
The new partnership between The Museum of Science, Boston and Big Sister Association of Greater Boston is an important step towards closing this gap by providing more opportunities for young girls interested in STEM fields.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Unveiling a Secluded Paradise: Beachfront Home on Dog Island, Carrabelle, Florida, Goes to Auction
- ASICS Teams Up with BlueConic for Enhanced Personalization and Data Privacy Compliance
- SalonInteractive Launches in Square App Marketplace to Provide eCommerce, Marketing & More to Beauty Professionals
- RacquetX Announces Miami Open Experience as Excitement Builds for Landmark 2024 Event
- Malta Closes Funding to Deploy Its Long-Duration Energy Storage System
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- IDC FutureScape: The Digital Business Era Has Arrived, Augmented by GenAI
- Mayor Wu Shares Boston's Winter Weather Preparations
- Labthink Introduces Cutting-Edge C406H: A Revolutionary Combination OTR and WVTR Tester
- You won't believe these amazing stories from our guest authors!
- St. Joseph's/Candler Fast Tracks Implementation of MEDITECH Expanse Ambulatory Across 100+ Providers
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of USD-Denominated Senior Notes
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- City of Boston Celebrates Grand Opening of 250 Centre Street
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- TKO Miller Advises Visu-Sewer on its Partnership With Fort Point Capital
- Vicinity Energy Steams Ahead to Sustainable Future with Arrival of 42MW Electric Boiler in Cambridge, Mass.
- Investing in Boston's Adult Learners: Adult Literacy Initiative