- Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Viral Vector Manufacturing Business from Novasep
- Boston: Mayor Walsh announces 2021 day of celebration in honor of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Boston: January 2021: Latest updates from the Department of Neighborhood Development
Originally proposed to affect only Environmental Social Governance ("ESG") investments, the final regulation covered every possible non-pecuniary factor that is used to select designated investments. The expansion in scope beyond ESG means that any basis for selection and monitoring needs to be examined as a possible violation.
The preamble to the regulation is explicit in noting that "A fiduciary's evaluation of an investment must be based only on pecuniary factors, unless non-pecuniary factors are used to distinguish between otherwise indistinguishable alternatives" and "A fiduciary may not subordinate the interests of the participants and beneficiaries in their retirement income or financial benefits under the plan to other objectives, and may not sacrifice investment return or take on additional investment risk to promote non-pecuniary benefits or goals".
More on Boston Chron
- FundCount Named Best Hedge Fund System in the Bobsguide Awards
- Introducing BIAMI.IO Apps Framework
- Pro Golfer Kamaiu Johnson Joins Cambridge Mobile Telematics as Brand Ambassador
- Empirix Helps CEHE Confidently Migrate to Five9 Cloud-Based Contact Center Software USA - English USA - English
- Northway Biotech Opens New Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Facility in Greater Boston Area
Take the case where a participant, even the chief executive, would like to have access to his/her favorite mutual fund and requests to make it available in the 401(k) plan. The answer has to be "No" according to the new regulations, unless that fund can be shown to be superior to all other reasonably available investments.
Such requests that were granted in the past must now be reversed unless changes are made. One change is to remove the fund from the plan line-up and suggest that it be acquired through a brokerage window, in which case the regulation will not apply. Another change is to authorize an asset class for the plan, in which the fund is the best available.
Unfortunately, the path of least resistance is to remove the offending fund.
DALBAR, Inc. is inviting firms with retirement business to examine the possible impact of Financial Factors regulation and discuss strategies for compliance. For more information about participating in this online forum, please contact Cory Clark at (617) 624-7156 or [email protected].
DALBAR, Inc. is the financial community's leading independent expert for evaluating, auditing and rating business practices, customer performance, and service.
SOURCE DALBAR, Inc.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- BoatDealers.ca Surges with Record Traffic in 2020
- CoVerified Announces Partnership with Mirimus for Nationwide K-12 Pooled Saliva COVID-19 Testing Program
- Reify Health Announces Global Expansion of StudyTeam to Over 2,700 Clinical Research Sites
- 'Aesthetic Institute of Massachusetts' Announces Rebranding to 'Aesthetic Mentor'
- OCC Adopts Final Rule Requiring Large Banks to Provide Fair Access to Banking Services
- New GCI Study On Gynecologic Cancers in Brazil Finds Most Patients Present With Advanced Disease
- The Antenna Company Announces Venture Debt Financing Agreement with Brabant Development Agency (BOM)
- Haemonetics To Acquire Cardiva Medical, Inc. To Expand Hospital Portfolio
- Cohere Capital Completes Strategic Growth Investment in CCS, a Leading Digital Brand and E-Commerce Retailer
- Syros Announces Pricing of $75.6 Million Public Offering of Common Stock
- Code18 Interactive Launches New Websites for Balmex and Balmex Adult
- LabMinds Successfully Receives Approval for Use in a GMP Certified Laboratory.
- The Atlas Group adds Corbin Raines to their list of professional property managers
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Launches COVID-19 Vaccine CDC Pharmacy Partnership - Phase 1, Expands Vaccine Locations & Names Fenway Park as Mass Vaccination Site
- Syros Announces Proposed Offering of Common Stock
- Boston: A message from Commissioner McCosh: Inauguration event accessibility
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor Tucson Mayor Regina Romero with the Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 34th Tribute to Mayors
- 40 Years in Yiddishland: The Yiddish Book Center celebrates the Klezmer Conservatory Band
- Applications being accepted for Boston school committee
- The UK's Leading Digital Marketing Agency, Finsbury Media Announces Employees Will Be Allowed To Work From Home: