- Blackstone Griddle Black Friday & Cyber Monday (2023): Review of Latest Griddle Offers Reported by Deal Tomato
- Woburn Dentistry Provides Comprehensive Perio Procedures From One Convenient Location
- Away Travel Luggage Cyber Monday (2023): Round-up of Latest Offers Published by Deal Stripe
LAB eN² is a unique engagement model that combines Evotec's multimodality drug discovery and preclinical development capabilities with Novo Nordisk's therapeutic, clinical, and commercial expertise. Already, four academic institutions have signed on to participate: Harvard University, Mass General Brigham, Yale University, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Uli Stilz, Head of Novo Nordisk's Bio Innovation Hub in Boston said: "At Novo Nordisk, we are always looking for what is next in disruptive science. Many great ideas are started in academia, but translational research and moving the idea to the next stage remains a challenge. With the launch of LAB eN² and our collaboration with these institutions, there is a tremendous opportunity to address this longstanding gap and help move innovative science forward and seek to make a significant impact on people living with chronic conditions."
More on Boston Chron
- Mayor Wu Announces $1 Million in New Grant Funding to Support the Revitalization of Boston's Restaurant Industry
- Allotex Announces New Investor and Expansion of Production Facilities USA - English USA - English
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- GLCPS Sponsors Two Students to Attend Brown University Leadership Institute
- Vantiva Confirms its Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The prevalence of cardiometabolic diseases is drastically increasing worldwide; about 537 million adults live with diabetes1 while cardiovascular diseases are a leading cause of death globally2. The journey from academic idea to treatments for people living with chronic conditions requires drug discovery and development capabilities as well as large investments of time, resources, and funding that can be difficult to acquire. LAB eN² was created to provide a solution-focused pathway for academic researchers by providing funding, scientific expertise, and technology to help advance product concepts through preclinical proof of concept. Successful therapeutic product candidates may then be selected by Novo Nordisk for further investment and development.
Thomas Hanke, EVP & Head of Academic Partnerships at Evotec said: "We are enthusiastic about the launch of LAB eN² with our partner Novo Nordisk. Based on leading-edge research and with access to Evotec's end-to-end integrated platform, we are confident that LAB eN² will accelerate promising and innovative therapeutic concepts from bench to bedside in disease areas with significant unmet need."
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Parks Department offers free Ultimate disc youth clinics
- The World's No.1 Superstar Rings in 48th Birthday and 25 Years as an Entertainer
- Devart Is the Winner of 2023 New World Report Software and Technology Award
- South Ender Gene Bolinger appointed to Boston Parks and Recreation Commission
- Boston Celtics' Coach Sam Cassell Partners with Zenni® Optical For Debut 'Coach's Collection' Eyewear Line
Participating academic institutions will work under a common governance framework which was established in discussions with the institutions Harvard University, Mass General Brigham, Yale University; research concepts will be selected for LAB eN² support based on proposals from investigators at these participating academic institutions which will be jointly developed by the academic investigators along with Evotec & Novo Nordisk's Bio Innovation Hub in Cambridge Massachusetts. For more details on LAB eN² please visit https://laben2.com
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- City of Boston Celebrates Grand Opening of 250 Centre Street
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- TKO Miller Advises Visu-Sewer on its Partnership With Fort Point Capital
- Vicinity Energy Steams Ahead to Sustainable Future with Arrival of 42MW Electric Boiler in Cambridge, Mass.
- Investing in Boston's Adult Learners: Adult Literacy Initiative
- The Samuel Lawrence Foundation Presents Live from Dubai: First Friday Series Webinar on Dec 1
- Wohler makes the Evertz Quartz Protocol available for their iAM-SUM audio monitors & iVAM-SUM AV monitors
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Adds Two, Southwest Florida Hotels, to Growing Portfolio
- Primrose Schools® Celebrates 500th Location with Appreciation to the Students, Staff, Teachers, and Owners Behind the National Franchise's Four Decades of Early Education Innovation
- The CPSE Shenzhen 2023 was inaugurated on October
- Tectonic Therapeutic Announces Start of First Clinical Program for GPCR-Targeted Biologic
- Flagship Pioneering Marks Official Opening of UK Hub with Event Convening Life Science Leaders USA - English USA - English
- Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts and Ericka Dunlap Collaborate with Local Nonprofits to Celebrate Diversity at Mahaffey
- New York Young Republican Club Endorses Allen Mashburn For Lieutenant Governor Of North Carolina
- Diane Gray-Smith Joins STS Capital Partners
- Twelve Burns & Levinson Attorneys Named to Boston Magazine's Top Lawyers List
- City of Boston announces new Community Choice Electricity rates
- Boston: LinkedInsights: Lisandra Hernandez
- Knobull's President Shows How Leadership Skills Boost Career Growth
- Partners Capital Goes 'Open Source' with Two Decades of Research Supporting their Institutional Investment Approach